First RD POLL

ASHKUM BEAR

Who would you pick if available at 14  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Someone will fall on draft day who would you take?

• Darren McFadden RB
    • Rashard Mendenhall RB
    • Ryan Clady OT
    • Glenn Dorsey DT
    • Sedrick Ellis DT
    • Matt Ryan QB

Follow-up question. How do you rank the OL after Long/Clady, assuming you have those two at the top.

I have Chris Williams next. I think he has the most potential to move to LT, while also being a very good, or better, RT.

Otah is next, but I have come to think (actually thought all along) that he is a pure RT, though he could also be a great interior OL, though w/ limited ability at the next level.

Albert is actually next for me. I think the guy is going to be all pro, where ever he ends up. I think he "could" be a LT. I know he can be an OG, not to mention RT. The upside on this guy is incredible. Especially if we go into the draft w/o having added a FA OL, he could be a great addition, as he could play so many different spots.

Cherilus is next, but he is a pure RT.

I still have Baker next, and still believe he could play solid LT. He will simply never be a great LT, but can be a good one.

McFadden will not be there. Maybe he drops a couple spots, as some question his character, but no way he falls to 14. If he does begin to fall some, a team would move up to get him. The only way he falls to us is if he breaks a leg between then and now.

Follow-up question. How do you rank the OL after Long/Clady, assuming you have those two at the top.

I have Chris Williams next. I think he has the most potential to move to LT, while also being a very good, or better, RT.

Otah is next, but I have come to think (actually thought all along) that he is a pure RT, though he could also be a great interior OL, though w/ limited ability at the next level.

Albert is actually next for me. I think the guy is going to be all pro, where ever he ends up. I think he "could" be a LT. I know he can be an OG, not to mention RT. The upside on this guy is incredible. Especially if we go into the draft w/o having added a FA OL, he could be a great addition, as he could play so many different spots.

Cherilus is next, but he is a pure RT.

I still have Baker next, and still believe he could play solid LT. He will simply never be a great LT, but can be a good one.

Mine probably goes like this, in order:

1. Long

2. Clady

3. Williams

4. Otah

5. Albert

6. Baker

7. Cherilous

So, pretty much the same are yours except the final 2.

Mine probably goes like this, in order:

1. Long

2. Clady

3. Williams

4. Otah

5. Albert

6. Baker

7. Cherilous

So, pretty much the same are yours except the final 2.

No problem w/ that. I guess this might be the question. What is better? A great RT or a good LT? I think Baker's ceiling would be to become a good LT. I do not think he could become great, but is sound and could be a good LT. I look at Cherilous, and think he could be a great RT. I think both his ceiling and floor are higher than Baker, but at the same time, he plays a lesser position.

So I have no problem putting Baker above Cherilous, but I think its close and a matter of ceiling/potential v position (left or rigt tackle) is more important to you.

I take the player that is likely to become great...the RT. Defenses aren't entirely focused on pass rushing from the left side as much as they used to be so there's a greater need for better talent at the RT spot these days. Anyone that can anchor either tackle spot that well allows you to move your TE to the other side. Or at least the RB knows his first pass protection read is from the left side. On top of that I still say your always better off taking a longer term approach and any time you can add a great player you do so versus just filling a need.

I take the player that is likely to become great...the RT. Defenses aren't entirely focused on pass rushing from the left side as much as they used to be so there's a greater need for better talent at the RT spot these days. Anyone that can anchor either tackle spot that well allows you to move your TE to the other side. Or at least the RB knows his first pass protection read is from the left side. On top of that I still say your always better off taking a longer term approach and any time you can add a great player you do so versus just filling a need.

Well said, AZ54. I'm still holding out hope, that we hit the jackpot at LT.