Anyone else disgusted by Favre's weeping today?

CrackerDog

First of all, for Hester316, it's actually spelled Favre. I just prefer to spell it Farv.

As for your post, it makes nearly no sense.

Who are you to say why he retired? Youre stating your opinion and thats fine, but its only an OPINION. He also had two more games this year because of the playoffs. Since you made it painfully clear you didnt listen to what he said at his press conference he did say he could play physically but that he was exhausted mentally. For a qb to be successful in the NFL they have to be more prepared mentally than physically. He knew he couldnt give his all to the team anymore so he retired. He never said it wasnt fun playing the games or that his body couldnt hold up, he said he was mentally tired. To me him retiring this year was the right thing to do because he wouldnt have been able to give it 100%

What do the two more games have to do with anything when talking about a guy who has started every game for over a decade? Nothing. Actually, I did listen to the press conference, and while I thought the tears and emotion was genuine, the reasoning seemed fake. To preach his two points of playing while he still could and playing for fun, and then quitting after putting up a good year and clearly having fun is disingenuous.

Im sure he wanted those records and that factored in but theres no way that was the only reason he came back. Him coming back got that team to the NFC CHampionship THIS year. Should we disregard that fact because he also broke the records? The team was better with him on it plain and simple. Im sure every one of his teammates begged him to comeback the past few offseasons, is that being selfish?

Once again, you completely missed the point. I don't know how to make it any more simple for you. Are you even reading what I am writing? He should have stayed before the year started! Hell, he should still stay. The fact that he led his team as far as he did is proof that he should stay. But he isn't. If you want to call it selfish then fine, he should be selfish and stick around. I happen to think that it's not selfish and he should play more when he is obviously capable. However, this is the year he chose to retire. And it just happens to be after a year in which he A. Had fun, B. Could clearly play, and C. Conveniently just broke the last few remaining passing records.

Weve seen the guy go through things like his dad dying, his wife getting breast cancer and him going through an addiction and weve seen him overcome all those obstacles.

I love the idea of you saying he was being selfish for helping his TEAM make a playoff run. If he was on the Bears he would be as highly regarded as Payton was here but because he played for a rival you shit all over his accomplishments.

If he stuck around and was losing every year you could make a case it was only for the records, but when his team had as great a year as they did how can you say he was only there for records? He was trying to win a Super Bowl more than anything.

Actually, this last part is just proof that you are either skipping my posts or failing to understand them. HE.SHOULD.HAVE.PLAYED.LAST.SEASON. HE.SHOULD.STILL.PLAY.THIS.SEASON! The fact that you mention the hardships he has been through only proves my point. IF he can make it through that, then he can make it through the "mental toughness" that it "causing his retirement".

Also, your last sentence happens to just prove my point as well. Did you even watch his games the year before last? Have you looked at his stats? Did you even read a single article about how he was washed up or how it was time for him to quit?! That was the perfect time for him to retire, when it wasn't fun, and when he evidently didn't have it. It would have validated everything he stood for, everything he said about retirement, and paved the way for the Packers to move on. it would have proven that he wasn't sticking around merely for the records. But he didn't do it that year. He stuck around one year, after having a horrible year, a year in which many thought he should retire, and showed everyone he still could play, and that the game was still fun. And during that season he broke all the remaining passing records.

And then he retired. It's just awfully convenient when it's apparent, once again, that he was having fun, and that he still has plenty of gas left in the tank.

Disclaimer:

Please read this again so you understand what I'm saying, because you have clearly missed it the past two times.

First of all, for Hester316, it's actually spelled Favre. I just prefer to spell it Farv.

As for your post, it makes nearly no sense.

What do the two more games have to do with anything when talking about a guy who has started every game for over a decade? Nothing. Actually, I did listen to the press conference, and while I thought the tears and emotion was genuine, the reasoning seemed fake. To preach his two points of playing while he still could and playing for fun, and then quitting after putting up a good year and clearly having fun is disingenuous.

Once again, you completely missed the point. I don't know how to make it any more simple for you. Are you even reading what I am writing? He should have stayed before the year started! Hell, he should still stay. The fact that he led his team as far as he did is proof that he should stay. But he isn't. If you want to call it selfish then fine, he should be selfish and stick around. I happen to think that it's not selfish and he should play more when he is obviously capable. However, this is the year he chose to retire. And it just happens to be after a year in which he A. Had fun, B. Could clearly play, and C. Conveniently just broke the last few remaining passing records.

Actually, this last part is just proof that you are either skipping my posts or failing to understand them. HE.SHOULD.HAVE.PLAYED.LAST.SEASON. HE.SHOULD.STILL.PLAY.THIS.SEASON! The fact that you mention the hardships he has been through only proves my point. IF he can make it through that, then he can make it through the "mental toughness" that it "causing his retirement".

Also, your last sentence happens to just prove my point as well. Did you even watch his games the year before last? Have you looked at his stats? Did you even read a single article about how he was washed up or how it was time for him to quit?! That was the perfect time for him to retire, when it wasn't fun, and when he evidently didn't have it. It would have validated everything he stood for, everything he said about retirement, and paved the way for the Packers to move on. it would have proven that he wasn't sticking around merely for the records. But he didn't do it that year. He stuck around one year, after having a horrible year, a year in which many thought he should retire, and showed everyone he still could play, and that the game was still fun. And during that season he broke all the remaining passing records.

And then he retired. It's just awfully convenient when it's apparent, once again, that he was having fun, and that he still has plenty of gas left in the tank.

Disclaimer:

Please read this again so you understand what I'm saying, because you have clearly missed it the past two times.

WTF are you talking about? I dont care if he retired because he was pissed they didnt get Moss or because he broke the records or because he doesnt like the color of the uniforms. Im just saying it doesnt make him a pussy for getting emotional about retiring. He has done enough for football for us to give him the benefit of the doubt on his reasoning for walking away. Just because you think he should play doesnt mean shit, who are you?

WTF are you talking about? I dont care if he retired because he was pissed they didnt get Moss or because he broke the records or because he doesnt like the color of the uniforms. Im just saying it doesnt make him a pussy for getting emotional about retiring. He has done enough for football for us to give him the benefit of the doubt on his reasoning for walking away. Just because you think he should play doesnt mean shit, who are you?

It's cool if you want to change debate tactics. I understand it's difficult to back up the points I just destroyed. At least we can agree that his emotions are genuine. I'll just continue to say that the main reason he stuck around was to break records, and all the BS he fed everyone about "love of the game" and "playing as long as he was still capable" was just that, total BS.

It's cool if you want to change debate tactics. I understand it's difficult to back up the points I just destroyed. At least we can agree that his emotions are genuine. I'll just continue to say that the main reason he stuck around was to break records, and all the BS he fed everyone about "love of the game" and "playing as long as he was still capable" was just that, total BS.

Im glad weve established youre the authority for determining why players retire. Well I guess theres nothing more to discuss than because you apparently know it all. Since you have so many people that agree with you about Favre only playing for records and that he had no "love of the game" you must be right. I think its funny that you are literally on a message board continuing to say you know why a person youve never met and dont even know played football and why he retired.

Why stop at Favre, why did Warren Sapp retire? What year in your dynasty of Madden do you get into determining what makes these people you dont know tick. All you had to do was say that it was your opinion but you are whining like a little girl for people to take your point, which you keep stressing over and over, seriously even though it has no merit. If you want people to take you seriously try to make a point that you can actually back up with proof instead of making up shit.

that's why your high school team was eliminated...because half the players were sissy crybabies :crying

:lol:

LOL!

Wow, was I surprised to see the thread I started had become this long and was moved to "off topic" because of the fighing going on, I suspect. Oh well... Can't we all just get along?

Frankly, ANY discussion of a rival is clearly on topic. This thread shouldn't have been moved, IMO. That said, you guys really started going after each other. Let's save our poison for the enemy!

Back to my original point, I just think Favre was way over the top with his emotional show the other day. Get a grip Sally! Sheesh. I don't hold it against a guy for shedding a few tears, Payton did when he was having the press conference about his health. But to go on and on and on weeping like a school girl... Damn.

As to Favre, in general, I always hated him because he was a Packer, not the other way around. I didn't hate the Packers because of Favre. His winning streak over us ended 4 years ago and we've dominated him since. Lovie said he knew how to get that done and I'll be damned if he didn't know what he was talking about. It'll be interesting to see how the Packers move ahead at QB. I've heard talk about Sage Rosenfelds... BWAAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! Ah well, let the Sage era begin!

Later guys.

I hope youre not really 40 like your profile says because if you are Im embarrassed for you. You must have toughened up emotionally running through the cornfields in Iowa backwards.

well, i did put in a smiley face to note that i was just joking. but with that kind of response, you really must be a freakin pussy. I learned how to be tough growing up in South Boston and then in the military where for the last three years i have been dodging bullets in Afghanistan (3 different tours).

so aside from posting a smiley after my post denoting that i was just having fun, i dont know what else to do. You guys have really changed after we moved to this new board.

well, i did put in a smiley face to note that i was just joking. but with that kind of response, you really must be a freakin pussy. I learned how to be tough growing up in South Boston and then in the military where for the last three years i have been dodging bullets in Afghanistan (3 different tours).

so aside from posting a smiley after my post denoting that i was just having fun, i dont know what else to do. You guys have really changed after we moved to this new board.

Well there is the universal way of showing sarcasm which wasnt used. You jumped into this conversation with only the plan of acting like an ass and aggravating others. Ill reiterate my point about someone who is 40 years old acting like an internet tough guy and calling someone 15 years younger than you that youve never met a "freakin pussy" I couldnt care less where you grew up or how many tours youve taken youre acting like a 14 year old.

Well there is the universal way of showing sarcasm which wasnt used. You jumped into this conversation with only the plan of acting like an ass and aggravating others. Ill reiterate my point about someone who is 40 years old acting like an internet tough guy and calling someone 15 years younger than you that youve never met a "freakin pussy" I couldnt care less where you grew up or how many tours youve taken youre acting like a 14 year old.

see my PM...this will be my last post.