Anyone else disgusted by Favre's weeping today?

CrackerDog

Guest TerraTor

Ya, like he was president of an orphanage for 30 years... when i retire im gonna piss on my bosses desk..haha

Save ur crying for the hall of fame....

Not only did I roll my eyes when he cried like a schoolyard sissy today, I rolled my eyes at the decision.

So, let me get this right:

You keep playing as long as you're able to play, and you're doing well.

Wasn't that basically his mantra for the past three years when he toyed with the retirement idea? And now, "all of the sudden", he retires the year after he breaks the records?

Hmmm...sounds an awful lot like a bunch of BS, and like a player who held on just to get the records. I have always hated him because he is a packer, and now I have one more arrow in the quiver.

Drugs, virtual BJs from the media, never getting called to task for his INTs, giving up the sack record to his buddy Strahan, the refs allowing him to get away with murder and break rules, and now his selfish "retire right after breaking the records" deal.

Screw Brett Farv. The era is over, and the deal with the devil is done.

I cant believe you guys. Who cares if he was crying. Half of my high school football team was crying when we got eliminated from the playoffs our senior year. When something has been that big apart of your life for so long and you realize that you are never going to do something you love again youre gonna get emotional.

Despite being on our hated rival I dont think theres one player in the league I have more respect for than Favre. He is one of the last guys that seemed to play because he loved the game and not just for the money. It must have been especially hard because of how the team has been turning the corner the past year and a half,

Dont get me wrong, its good to see him go as a Bears fan, but as a fan of football in general Ill miss watching him compete.

I cant believe you guys. Who cares if he was crying. Half of my high school football team was crying when we got eliminated from the playoffs our senior year. When something has been that big apart of your life for so long and you realize that you are never going to do something you love again youre gonna get emotional.

Despite being on our hated rival I dont think theres one player in the league I have more respect for than Favre. He is one of the last guys that seemed to play because he loved the game and not just for the money. It must have been especially hard because of how the team has been turning the corner the past year and a half,

Dont get me wrong, its good to see him go as a Bears fan, but as a fan of football in general Ill miss watching him compete.

I have to agree with Bomber. I played DIII football = Non-Scholarship. I blew out my knee my Soph year and tried to come back my Senior year. Made it all the way through 2-a-days before the knee went out again. I remember sitting on the side of the field sobbing, realizing that I was never going to be able to play again.

I realize the difference is that (besides he is going to be in the HOF - and I'm can only get in w/ a ticket) I couldn't play anmore, he chose to leave the game. However, the end result is still the same. The realization hit that we were leaving a game we loved to play.

It lies somewhere in between the two extremes for me. Yeah, Favre proved to be a great QB and led them to the Super Bowl, but please. His non committal pretty much held the team hostage for the past several offseasons. He's about as self-centered and egolomaniacal as the rest of the overpaid "heroes". And I couldn't give a shite about him crying. He's just a good player that has lost it. Go home and mow the grass Brett! :lol:

I think you are mistaken and misguided.

You have more respect for a guy who:

A ) Openly cheated by abusing pain pills

B ) Fell down on purpose to help a friend break a record

C ) Blatantly gets favoritism from the league officials

D ) Hanging on for an extra year just to break records

That covers misguided, as for mistaken...you might want to rethink the whole "played for the love of the game" angle.

He strung out his team three or four years in a row with retirement talks. Then he used the "playing until I can't play" and "as long as it's fun" garbage. And THEN, hangs on after one of his worst years as a pro, a year in which many said he was washed up. IF anything, he should have quit after that year because it "wasn't fun" anymore. Conveniently enough, he waited one more year, broke the records, had a great season, and THEN quit. He didn't retire; he quit. If it was all about "love of the game" and "playing while it's still fun", then I call BS. Because he clearly can still play, and he sure as hell seemed to have fun last year running around like a loon with a WR on his shoulders.

Love of the game? My ass. He played for the records. He played for pride. He played for personal accolades. Love of the game and fun are afterthoughts. If they weren't, then he would have retired before this past season.

Yeah, damn him for stringing the Packers along the past few years. I really think he stuck it to them the hardest this last year, you know, being an MVP candidate and taking his team to the NFC Championship game. Im sure the front office of the Pack is elated he finally unburdened them by retiring so Rodgers can take them to the Super Bowl next year with Favre finally getting out of the way after only being an overtime away from going to the Super Bowl.

Jason, thanks for the imput, I didnt realize taking pain medicine was cheating. Glad you cleared that up for me. Dont tell Goodell though because he might have to suspend 99.9% of the league. Also, Damn Favre for blatantly getting favoritism. Maybe if he could have played worse then nobody would have favored him.

Dont even get me started on that time that he fell down to Strahans sack either. I say we get say we get a petition going to put an asterisk next to Strahans name in the record book and try to get their Super Bowl win scratched from the books.

Youre right too, everyone knows Favre was only in it for the records, he is such a piece of shit. Hes a selfish son of a bitch, his hanging around for the extra year really hosed the Packers because look how much worse of a draft pick they got. If he cared, he would have broke the records in a losing effort on a shitty team, *cough* Emmitt Smith *cough*

Thanks for that insight Jason, I never realized what kind of cheating, glory hog, pill popping, record abusing, selfish son of a bitch he was...

I think you are mistaken and misguided.

You have more respect for a guy who:

A ) Openly cheated by abusing pain pills

B ) Fell down on purpose to help a friend break a record

C ) Blatantly gets favoritism from the league officials

D ) Hanging on for an extra year just to break records

That covers misguided, as for mistaken...you might want to rethink the whole "played for the love of the game" angle.

He strung out his team three or four years in a row with retirement talks. Then he used the "playing until I can't play" and "as long as it's fun" garbage. And THEN, hangs on after one of his worst years as a pro, a year in which many said he was washed up. IF anything, he should have quit after that year because it "wasn't fun" anymore. Conveniently enough, he waited one more year, broke the records, had a great season, and THEN quit. He didn't retire; he quit. If it was all about "love of the game" and "playing while it's still fun", then I call BS. Because he clearly can still play, and he sure as hell seemed to have fun last year running around like a loon with a WR on his shoulders.

Love of the game? My ass. He played for the records. He played for pride. He played for personal accolades. Love of the game and fun are afterthoughts. If they weren't, then he would have retired before this past season.

Yeah, give me a self centered piece of crap like TO over Favre anyday!!!!!! ;)

Sorry dude, Favre was a great player whose value to the game can't be measured. Although I hated him as a Packer, I have tremendous respect for him as a player.

Peace :bears

So what, respect the man for he was the kind of player you want your kids to see day in and day out; no matter if he played for the team we love to hate. The guy is a warrior and put his heart and soul into every game. I'll sure miss seeing him on his back though but this is a big loss to Packer nation.

Id also like to add that he has every major passing record, a super bowl ring, three consecutive MVPs, one of the most impressive records in sports history (consecutive games) and since he has been the starting quarterback for the Packers, the Packers have had the best record over the course of his career throughout the whole NFL.

Id also like to add that he has every major passing record, a super bowl ring, three consecutive MVPs, one of the most impressive records in sports history (consecutive games) and since he has been the starting quarterback for the Packers, the Packers have had the best record over the course of his career throughout the whole NFL.

Nice stat! It makes sense when you think about it. Not many teams have stability at the quarterback position but Favre was a true testament to this, and because of his durability he was able to lead the Packers to many great seasons.

So what, respect the man for he was the kind of player you want your kids to see day in and day out; no matter if he played for the team we love to hate. The guy is a warrior and put his heart and soul into every game. I'll sure miss seeing him on his back though but this is a big loss to Packer nation.

Yeah, damn him for stringing the Packers along the past few years. I really think he stuck it to them the hardest this last year, you know, being an MVP candidate and taking his team to the NFC Championship game. Im sure the front office of the Pack is elated he finally unburdened them by retiring so Rodgers can take them to the Super Bowl next year with Favre finally getting out of the way after only being an overtime away from going to the Super Bowl.

Jason, thanks for the imput, I didnt realize taking pain medicine was cheating. Glad you cleared that up for me. Dont tell Goodell though because he might have to suspend 99.9% of the league. Also, Damn Favre for blatantly getting favoritism. Maybe if he could have played worse then nobody would have favored him.

Dont even get me started on that time that he fell down to Strahans sack either. I say we get say we get a petition going to put an asterisk next to Strahans name in the record book and try to get their Super Bowl win scratched from the books.

Youre right too, everyone knows Favre was only in it for the records, he is such a piece of shit. Hes a selfish son of a bitch, his hanging around for the extra year really hosed the Packers because look how much worse of a draft pick they got. If he cared, he would have broke the records in a losing effort on a shitty team, *cough* Emmitt Smith *cough*

Thanks for that insight Jason, I never realized what kind of cheating, glory hog, pill popping, record abusing, selfish son of a bitch he was...

So, the guy is a sissy for crying about a game he loves and will miss?

:shakehead

I have to agree with Bomber. I played DIII football = Non-Scholarship. I blew out my knee my Soph year and tried to come back my Senior year. Made it all the way through 2-a-days before the knee went out again. I remember sitting on the side of the field sobbing, realizing that I was never going to be able to play again.

I realize the difference is that (besides he is going to be in the HOF - and I'm can only get in w/ a ticket) I couldn't play anmore, he chose to leave the game. However, the end result is still the same. The realization hit that we were leaving a game we loved to play.

Couldn't agree more with you guys. :cheers

Great contribution to this thread. :rolleyes:

:lol: :lol:

Thanks for taking it over the top and totally ignoring what point I was making. You either didn't understand, which is what I suspect, or you are just being irrational. Brilliant.

I'm sure the organization, the city, and everyone who likes the Packers is upset about the decision. That's not the point. I'm sure that he could have played more. That's not the point either. And I'm quite sure leading the organization along for the last few years with talks of retirement, while slightly irritating to some, was no real concern as long as he stayed with the team. THAT'S not even the point.

The point is, he fed everyone this line about playing for fun, and playing until he couldn't play any more - something everyone in their right mind admits that he's capable of - yet he retired when he was clearly having fun and clearly able to play.

He retired after breaking the records.

He didn't retire after his team had a horrible season. Nooo, he wasn't too tired then. Evidently, he was still having fun when they sucked and he was having one of his worst years ever. He wanted to play some more. Fine.

But don't feed me this BS about being tired now. It's painfully obvious that he held on for the records, one of which was the INT record most Farv ball-swingers fail to mention.

Hell, I think it's awesome he stuck around. I think all players should play until they drop. I think as long as they are good enough to play, they should. Honestly, I do. But don't try to sell the story about playing for the love of the game or some other such nonsense. If a player is holding on to break a record, get paid, or because he needs to pay child support like Travis Henry, just say so. Don't lay it on so thick about this "love of the game" garbage, or "playing until I can't play anymore" nonsense.

As for the other stuff...

The Vicodin Thing

He was addicted to pain pills. Maybe that's how he got through to his record streak of games. I know he isn't the only one to abuse presicription pain pills, but maybe, just maybe, it had something to do with the fact that he was able to keep the streak alive. Abusing any sort of medication to help you do better is definitely a gray area of cheating. It's only a small step away from performance enhancing drugs like steroids. Actually, it's quite a deep issue of degrees when you think about it. At what point is an athlete cheating by using prescription pain killers to stay on the field? Isn't that improving performance?

The Sack "Record"

Exaggerate and be stupid about it all you want, but Farv laid down for that sack for his buddy. To others it may seem insignificant, but to me it shows that there's a chink in the armor. He doesn't respect the game as much as many would have us believe. You simply don't give away a record because your buddy is on the other team.

The Media/League Favoritism

That's the only one I admit has nothing to do with him. It's the fact that he became one of the NFL's poster boys, and he got every benefit of the doubt for the last ten years. And I won't even go into the love afair between him and Madden.

The Three Consecutive MVPs

I'll go to my grave saying he only deserved two, and the media man love of Farv was partially responsible for Barry Sanders retiring early. How the hell a guy rushes for 2000+ yards and doesn't win the MVP is beyond me. Of course, that plays into the Brett Farv love that I despised so much.

Thanks for taking it over the top and totally ignoring what point I was making. You either didn't understand, which is what I suspect, or you are just being irrational. Brilliant.

I'm sure the organization, the city, and everyone who likes the Packers is upset about the decision. That's not the point. I'm sure that he could have played more. That's not the point either. And I'm quite sure leading the organization along for the last few years with talks of retirement, while slightly irritating to some, was no real concern as long as he stayed with the team. THAT'S not even the point.

The point is, he fed everyone this line about playing for fun, and playing until he couldn't play any more - something everyone in their right mind admits that he's capable of - yet he retired when he was clearly having fun and clearly able to play.

He didn't retire after his team had a horrible season. Nooo, he wasn't too tired then. Evidently, he was still having fun when they sucked and he was having one of his worst years ever. He wanted to play some more. Fine.

But don't feed me this BS about being tired now. It's painfully obvious that he held on for the records, one of which was the INT record most Farv ball-swingers fail to mention.

Hell, I think it's awesome he stuck around. I think all players should play until they drop. I think as long as they are good enough to play, they should. Honestly, I do. But don't try to sell the story about playing for the love of the game or some other such nonsense. If a player is holding on to break a record, get paid, or because he needs to pay child support like Travis Henry, just say so. Don't lay it on so thick about this "love of the game" garbage, or "playing until I can't play anymore" nonsense.

The Vicodin Thing

He was addicted to pain pills. Maybe that's how he got through to his record streak of games. I know he isn't the only one to abuse presicription pain pills, but maybe, just maybe, it had something to do with the fact that he was able to keep the streak alive. Abusing any sort of medication to help you do better is definitely a gray area of cheating. It's only a small step away from performance enhancing drugs like steroids. Actually, it's quite a deep issue of degrees when you think about it. At what point is an athlete cheating by using prescription pain killers to stay on the field? Isn't that improving performance?

The Sack "Record"

Exaggerate and be stupid about it all you want, but Farv laid down for that sack for his buddy. To others it may seem insignificant, but to me it shows that there's a chink in the armor. He doesn't respect the game as much as many would have us believe. You simply don't give away a record because your buddy is on the other team.

That's the only one I admit has nothing to do with him. It's the fact that he became one of the NFL's poster boys, and he got every benefit of the doubt for the last ten years. And I won't even go into the love afair between him and Madden.

I'll go to my grave saying he only deserved two, and the media man love of Farv was partially responsible for Barry Sanders retiring early. How the hell a guy rushes for 2000+ yards and doesn't win the MVP is beyond me. Of course, that plays into the Brett Farv love that I despised so much.

Well if you're going to say that Favre's pill taking may have something to do with the record he broke, then you can say that for many others. I'm sure Cal Ripken took some, as well as tons of current NFL guys, and past NFL players, who broke records or are on pace to.

He loves the game. His consistent smile, his desire, his passion, and the fun he has is un matched. If you honestly think he retired now, not because the love affair was over, but because he broke all the records that he wanted to break by staying around longer, then that's totally wrong and I'm sure you, and only a few others in this great nation of ours, are the only ones who think that.

You can say favoritism for just about any star in any league, even the NHL.

That's about all the comments I can make about your post. Oh, I almost forgot- there's an "E" at the end of his name, it's not just F-A-R-V, it's F-A-R-V-E.

The Vicodin Thing

The Sack "Record"

Who are you to say why he retired? Youre stating your opinion and thats fine, but its only an OPINION. He also had two more games this year because of the playoffs. Since you made it painfully clear you didnt listen to what he said at his press conference he did say he could play physically but that he was exhausted mentally. For a qb to be successful in the NFL they have to be more prepared mentally than physically. He knew he couldnt give his all to the team anymore so he retired. He never said it wasnt fun playing the games or that his body couldnt hold up, he said he was mentally tired. To me him retiring this year was the right thing to do because he wouldnt have been able to give it 100%

Im sure he wanted those records and that factored in but theres no way that was the only reason he came back. Him coming back got that team to the NFC CHampionship THIS year. Should we disregard that fact because he also broke the records? The team was better with him on it plain and simple. Im sure every one of his teammates begged him to comeback the past few offseasons, is that being selfish?

Weve seen the guy go through things like his dad dying, his wife getting breast cancer and him going through an addiction and weve seen him overcome all those obstacles.

I love the idea of you saying he was being selfish for helping his TEAM make a playoff run. If he was on the Bears he would be as highly regarded as Payton was here but because he played for a rival you shit all over his accomplishments.

If he stuck around and was losing every year you could make a case it was only for the records, but when his team had as great a year as they did how can you say he was only there for records? He was trying to win a Super Bowl more than anything.

Hey, I was weeping too. I was enjoying watching the Bears kick the shit out of him the last few years. I was hoping he might stay for another 3-4 years. Let's face it, to any self respecting Bear fan, Favre was overrated. He was the luckiest son of a bitch that ever played the game. He got alot of breaks, alot of calls noone else would get, the media bought into him hook, line and sinker and gave us all a continuos Favre enema. In the end, he had a great career, he got his SB win and some MVP hardware which is all ANY QB can ask for. He should be able to walk away feeling great about his accomplishments. As Bear fans, we should feel damn glad that Lovie had his number and we got some payback. Most important, the year he goes to the NFC Championship game, we beat him twice AND the last pass of his career was, most appropriately, PICKED OFF!!!!!!!

Good-bye Brett, you were a great competitor. freak YOU AND DON"T LET THE DOOR HIT YOU IN THE ASS ON THE WAY OUT!

that's why your high school team was eliminated...because half the players were sissy crybabies :crying

:lol:

QFT.