Davis could be next WR loss?

Wesson44

BY BRAD BIGGS bbiggs@suntimes.com

One wide receiver has run a fly pattern out of Halas Hall, and the Bears might have to make a decision on another before long.

Restricted free agent Rashied Davis, a slot receiver, is generating substantial interest, and he's an attractive option for teams because they would not have to compensate the Bears for signing him.

The Kansas City Chiefs might make a move for Davis. They have only four wideouts under contract, including former Chicago Rush star Bobby Sippio, and would be able to use Davis as a returner. The Chiefs ranked 30th in kickoff returns last season.

Davis, who turns 29 in July, received the low tender offer of $927,000 from the Bears, and because the former Arena League player was not an NFL draft pick, the Bears would not receive a pick if they chose not to match an offer sheet. The Bears lost Bernard Berrian to the Minnesota Vikings

Guest TerraTor
BY BRAD BIGGS bbiggs@suntimes.com

One wide receiver has run a fly pattern out of Halas Hall, and the Bears might have to make a decision on another before long.

Restricted free agent Rashied Davis, a slot receiver, is generating substantial interest, and he's an attractive option for teams because they would not have to compensate the Bears for signing him.

The Kansas City Chiefs might make a move for Davis. They have only four wideouts under contract, including former Chicago Rush star Bobby Sippio, and would be able to use Davis as a returner. The Chiefs ranked 30th in kickoff returns last season.

Davis, who turns 29 in July, received the low tender offer of $927,000 from the Bears, and because the former Arena League player was not an NFL draft pick, the Bears would not receive a pick if they chose not to match an offer sheet. The Bears lost Bernard Berrian to the Minnesota Vikings

Hes one of my favorite guys on the team, i hope he doesnt end up leaving, but then again, the chiefs have been "making" a move for sabercat since day 1

My problem with seeing someone like him go is I don't feel like I can trust that his lack of production is related to his lack of ability/work ethic ...but is instead related to bad coaching (even as it relates to bad coaching causing bad quarterbacking causing poor WR stats). It's not like I've been breaking down game tape on him to see what he's doing on the typical play (where the ball isn't being thrown to him for one reason or another.)