A look at this years QB class.

ASHKUM BEAR

Which Prospect would you take a shot at???  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Select a prospect by letter and I'll reveal the letters at a later date.

• Prospect A. (read below)
    • Prospect B. (read below)
    • Prospect C. (read below)
    • Prospect D. (read below)
    • Prospect E. (read below)

Prospect A.

(+)Has all the intangables and leadership qualities. Tough and plays through pain and takes command of the team. Strong arm and can complete all the intermediate routes. Decent mobility and can throw accurate on the run.

(-)Doesn't shine at any physical aspect, but not poor at any either.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prospect B.

(+)Has it all from a physical standpoint. Perfect height and weight for a QB and can take a hit. Is athletic enough to avoid the rush and buy time in the pocket. Can make all the throws and has great arm strength. Makes smart decisions and doesn't turn the ball over often.

(-)Durability is a concern as he suffered ligement tears twice in his college career.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prospect C.

(+)Has perfect height and weight for a QB and excels in the pocket. Delivered many strikes with defenses collasping in on him. His arm strength is his strength as he can make all the throws. Very accurate and smart with the football as he had a 60% completion percentage in 4 yrs and a threw 79 TDs to 25 ints.

(-)Lacks mobility and averaged 30 sacks a year.

Prospect D.

(+)Has the height and weight to be a great pocket passer. Can withstand hits and make all the throws down the field. Very accurate on throws and nails his target.

(-)Played in a shot gun offense so will have to learn to play under center. Puts alot of faith in his arm and forces the ball often.

Prospect E.

(+)Has decent height and is patient enough to sit in the pocket to deliver strikes. Has a strong accurate arm and can make all the throws. Is highly efficient throwing the ball and excels in the intermediate routes and hits the deeps routes on point. Mobile enough to avoid sacks and can buy time in the pocket.

(-)Durability is one concern for him in the NFL. He'll have to bulk up to withstand the punishment. Also questioned is how he will handle playing a pro style offense.

Prospect A.

(+)Has all the intangables and leadership qualities. Tough and plays through pain and takes command of the team. Strong arm and can complete all the intermediate routes. Decent mobility and can throw accurate on the run.

Prospect B.

(+)Has it all from a physical standpoint. Perfect height and weight for a QB and can take a hit. Is athletic enough to avoid the rush and buy time in the pocket. Can make all the throws and has great arm strength. Makes smart decisions and doesn't turn the ball over often.

(-)Durability is a concern as he suffered ligement tears twice in his college career.

Prospect C.

(+)Has perfect height and weight for a QB and excels in the pocket. Delivered many strikes with defenses collasping in on him. His arm strength is his strength as he can make all the throws. Very accurate and smart with the football as he had a 60% completion percentage in 4 yrs and a threw 79 TDs to 25 ints.

Prospect D.

(+)Has the height and weight to be a great pocket passer. Can withstand hits and make all the throws down the field. Very accurate on throws and nails his target.

(-)Played in a shot gun offense so will have to learn to play under center. Puts alot of faith in his arm and forces the ball often.

Prospect E.

(+)Has decent height and is patient enough to sit in the pocket to deliver strikes. Has a strong accurate arm and can make all the throws. Is highly efficient throwing the ball and excels in the intermediate routes and hits the deeps routes on point. Mobile enough to avoid sacks and can buy time in the pocket.

(-)Durability is one concern for him in the NFL. He'll have to bulk up to withstand the punishment. Also questioned is how he will handle playing a pro style offense.

A or B is Henne, E is Flacco. Not sure on the others...

E is not going to be Flacco. "Decent height"? Flacco is like 6'6 and the tallest prospect. I think E is more likely that Josh Johnson prospect out of San Diego. Skinny and mobile.

Pretty sure D is going to be Flacco. Has height and weight. Downfield passes. Accurate. Threw from the shotgun.

Not sure who C is, but that is one I do not want. Last thing I want is yet another QB who gets sacked.

My guesses are:

Prospect A - Matt Ryan... his only real plus tool is his intangables and leadership ability.

Prospect B - Brian Brohm... As I recall he has had some injury problems in the past, and the positives match him pretty good.

Prospect C - Andre Woodson... okay, I cheated on this one. It stumped me at first because it completely forgot to mention his sloooooow release.

Prospect D - Joe Flacco... Gotta be him. He played in the shotgun and he has great size and the arm to match it.

Prospect E - Colt Brennan... This one was a bit more difficult. At first I thought Josh Johnson, but I felt the description fit Brennan better.

Surprised to see Henne not mentioned.

My guesses are:

Prospect A - Matt Ryan... his only real plus tool is his intangables and leadership ability.

Prospect B - Brian Brohm... As I recall he has had some injury problems in the past, and the positives match him pretty good.

Prospect C - Andre Woodson... okay, I cheated on this one. It stumped me at first because it completely forgot to mention his sloooooow release.

Prospect D - Joe Flacco... Gotta be him. He played in the shotgun and he has great size and the arm to match it.

Prospect E - Colt Brennan... This one was a bit more difficult. At first I thought Josh Johnson, but I felt the description fit Brennan better.

Surprised to see Henne not mentioned.

BearSox is right on all. I just pointed some goods/bads to see who voted for what not based on name. I didn't mention Henne b/c he didn't have anything great that stood out and is a little bit on the shorter side.

Prospect A.

Prospect B.

Prospect C.

Prospect D.

Prospect E.

Here is my take:

A: Ryan

B: Dennis Dixon

C: Henne

D: Flacco

E: Brennan

BearSox is right on all. I just pointed some goods/bads to see who voted for what not based on name. I didn't mention Henne b/c he didn't have anything great that stood out and is a little bit on the shorter side.

I understand what yuou were trying to do and it was a fun read but Didnt Flacco have the strongets arm at the combine?? No mention of that in his positives other then can make accurate throws.

also, I wouldn't say Brohm has a great arm. He has an adequate arm that's not gonna wow anyone, but it's a hella lot stronger then someone like Chad Pennington's. Also, a negative for Brohm should be that he played in a gimmicky offense.

EDIT: I just read Brohm had the second highest velocity on his throws at the combine timing at 57 mph. Flacco was no. 1 at 58 mph. So, his arm strength is better then I thought. He might not have as much distance on his ball like some others, but he can get it to you in a hurry.

also, I wouldn't say Brohm has a great arm. He has an adequate arm that's not gonna wow anyone, but it's a hella lot stronger then someone like Chad Pennington's. Also, a negative for Brohm should be that he played in a gimmicky offense.

EDIT: I just read Brohm had the second highest velocity on his throws at the combine timing at 57 mph. Flacco was no. 1 at 58 mph. So, his arm strength is better then I thought. He might not have as much distance on his ball like some others, but he can get it to you in a hurry.

Do you have any charts or links to the velocity numbers? I would like to compare that to QB's over the last two decades. Just for kicks.

I understand what yuou were trying to do and it was a fun read but Didnt Flacco have the strongets arm at the combine?? No mention of that in his positives other then can make accurate throws.

I didn't want to sell Flacco anymore than he already is. He's already getting a lot of hype and if we were to pass him up with our 2nd I know Best Buy in the Chicago area will have an increase in TV and Computer sales b/c people would be putting remotes and mouse's through them(LOL).

I'm starting to like the thought of Brohm, not so much at 14 but if we could trade down for someone wanting to get to Mendenhall before Detroit. Also, Brennan seems interesting too and I wouldn't be upset if we got him with one of our thirds if we missed out on Brohm/Flacco.

I think Brohm has all the tools (unlike McNown/Grossman) and is the most polished out of all the QB's. His biggest flaws were a couple of injuries (knee and thumb) that make you question durability and that his numbers dropped his senior campaign but he was playing for a new HC with a new system.

Ryan-not big, not mobile/elusive, no cannon for down the field throws

Woodson-hitch in his throw, bad mechanics, sits in pocket, not very mobile/elusive

Flacco-small school competition, hasn't played under center, forces ball down field (Rex)

Brennan-system QB, skinny

Henne-Not as tall as you would like, mobility and deep throws not as strong as you would like.