Mendenhall to Det?

nfoligno

It was already considered a possibility, but w/ the report (from PFT) that Det is set to release Kevin Jones, that would likely put RB at or near the top of Detroits draft needs.

There has been a debate on this board for some time between those who want Mendenhall and those who want OT. I am in the OT camp, but have to admit, I am not a fan of Mendenhal to Detroit either.

It sure would seem they are in position. Oddly, something tells me they'll take a WR!

It was already considered a possibility, but w/ the report (from PFT) that Det is set to release Kevin Jones, that would likely put RB at or near the top of Detroits draft needs.

There has been a debate on this board for some time between those who want Mendenhall and those who want OT. I am in the OT camp, but have to admit, I am not a fan of Mendenhal to Detroit either.

It's a possibility. I guess it just depends on what type of offense they run. If it is still the air croyell, I think they go with someone like Chris Johnson in the 2nd. However, if they modify their offense to a bit more conventional one, Mendenhall would be a good option in the 1st.

However, if the Lions had a competent GM, I'd say defense or OLine is a must pick in the 1st round, but they have Matt Millen running things there.

Don't forget us in the third camp, QB.

I don't like the idea of the 3rd or 4th OT in the draft with the first pick. I think Ced will be adequate. It's time to get a QB in to develop. I'd much rather have Brohm if he falls then the guys that will be there in the 2nd or 3rd round. When/if Rex fails this season, I want to be prepared for the year after this at the position.

It's a possibility. I guess it just depends on what type of offense they run. If it is still the air croyell, I think they go with someone like Chris Johnson in the 2nd. However, if they modify their offense to a bit more conventional one, Mendenhall would be a good option in the 1st.

However, if the Lions had a competent GM, I'd say defense or OLine is a must pick in the 1st round, but they have Matt Millen running things there.

Considering they got rid of Mike Martz, and they were actually fairly effective last year when they tried to run the ball, I would expect them to try to push that a little harder htis year. I could certainly see them grabbing one of this year's RB class.

Guest TerraTor
What happens if Mendehall is the real deal. Thats both AP and Mendenhall twice a year. That a little scary to me. :unsure:

Not to mention Benson 16 times a year (well not like hell last 16), thats very scary. :huh:

Not trying to forget anyone, but most reports have Broham dropped to the later part of the 1st.

You mention the 3rd best OT, but which is better/worse? The 3rd OT in a year considered very strong among OTs, or the 2nd best QB in a year considered weak for QBs.

Hey, I know well our need for a QB, but as much as I want one, does that mean we should reach to get one? Either Clady or Williams would be considered great/solid values at 14. I do not think the same would be considered w/ Broham.

Not trying to forget anyone, but most reports have Broham dropped to the later part of the 1st.

You mention the 3rd best OT, but which is better/worse? The 3rd OT in a year considered very strong among OTs, or the 2nd best QB in a year considered weak for QBs.

Hey, I know well our need for a QB, but as much as I want one, does that mean we should reach to get one? Either Clady or Williams would be considered great/solid values at 14. I do not think the same would be considered w/ Broham.

If we could get a an OT with our first pick and then trade up with maybe our second and the chargers third to get into position to get Brohm I would be very happy. It would be a scramble to get a guard, wr or rb and safety after that though.

Mendenhall was recruited by the one and only Ron Turner. Will that have any impact on this draft, especially after seeing the Brandon Lloyd signing?

Also, OT, how bad will Thomas Jones feel if the Jets draft McFadden? That would be basically 4 teams that pick you up, then draft or acquire your replacement within 2 years. This is the same guy who has averaged 1,100 yards over the last 4 years. Talk about no respect.

Mendenhall was recruited by the one and only Ron Turner. Will that have any impact on this draft, especially after seeing the Brandon Lloyd signing?

Also, OT, how bad will Thomas Jones feel if the Jets draft McFadden? That would be basically 4 teams that pick you up, then draft or acquire your replacement within 2 years. This is the same guy who has averaged 1,100 yards over the last 4 years. Talk about no respect.

Especially after beefing up their o line.