Mock Draft Summary Thread

adam

Here is a summary of most of the major sites and who they believe the Bears will select:

Chris Williams - OT - x5 (NFL.com, Pro Draft Guide, NFL Draft Countdown, PFW, SportingNews)

Jeff Otah - OT - x4 (About.com, Draftek, Consensus Draft Services, NFL Draft Guys)

Brian Brohm - QB - x4 (FoxSports, Football Futures, The Huddle Report, Draft.com)

Rashard Mendenhall - RB - x3 (CNNSI.com. Scout.com, Athlon)

Joe Flacco - QB - x2 (NFL Draft Guys1, NFL Draft Guys3)

Malcom Kelly - WR - x2 (CBS Sports, Scouts Notebook)

Ryan Clady - OT - x1 (College Football News.com)

Summary (21 total):

OT - 10

QB - 6

RB - 3

WR - 2

I will add more as we get closer to the draft. I used only the professional links from hailredskins.com and the major media sites.

So, just like other news, trust NFL and distrust CNN and Fox. Meanwhile, don't believe sites pretending to be NFL experts by leeching off of the NFL acronym.

There is only one viable, intelligent, worthwhile selection for the Bears in the first round this year: OT.

RB is a bad move because it forces the Bears to more than likely dump Wolfe, essentially stating that a mistake was made...not to mention the fact that the RB will get stuffed behind a garbage OL.

WR is just a horrible choice for the first round. The definition of reach.

QB is not a good selection in the first round because none of those guys stand out much more than Rex or Kyle did in college, if at all. Rex and Kyle are young, but have more experience and potential than any rookie will have next year. Drafting a first round QB will only cause QB controversy. Not to mention the fact that the QB will be under duress behind a garbage line.

nfldraftcountdown updated their mock today. Has us getting Chris Williams in the 1st and Brian Brohm in the second. Williams I like and would be a great pick. And while everyone knows I love Flacco, Brian Brohm would be a great pick as well. That would be a great way to start off the draft.

nfldraftcountdown updated their mock today. Has us getting Chris Williams in the 1st and Brian Brohm in the second. Williams I like and would be a great pick. And while everyone knows I love Flacco, Brian Brohm would be a great pick as well. That would be a great way to start off the draft.

Thanks, made the change.

Damn, I would love that if it were to happen. But, since it's in a mock draft, it wont... lol