RB Forte to work out for Bears

GakMan23

If we got him with our new 3rd Rd pick I'd be happy. He will need to learn to stay lower as he runs through the hole or he's gonna get clotheslined a lot. I like his quick cut and burst once he gets past the initial hole. He runs well in the open field though and shows ability to make cuts at speed.

If we got him with our new 3rd Rd pick I'd be happy. He will need to learn to stay lower as he runs through the hole or he's gonna get clotheslined a lot. I like his quick cut and burst once he gets past the initial hole. He runs well in the open field though and shows ability to make cuts at speed.

I like the idea of getting him in the 3rd round, but I think if we get him, it'll be a reach in the 2nd. :banghead

I have doubts whether he'll be around by the time we pick in the 2nd. I would not be surprised if he is ranked no. 4 overall in the RB area by some scouts.

There's no way he's the 4th overall RB. He's the 5th at the earliest. I can't imagine anybody would list him above McFadden, Mendenhall, Stewart & Felix Jones.

ESPN actually has him ranked 9th: http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/...;draftyear=2008

What we do may depend on how quickly RB's are coming off the board. There's been speculation that McFadden & everyone else will drop. If 4 RB's have been taken when we draft in the 2nd round, we may not have much choice but to take him.

Felix Jones leaves a lot to be desired in his game. Played in a gimmicky offense, never carried the load, and doesn't have outstanding triangular numbers. I like Forte better, and I could see teams/scouts thinking that way as well.