What to expect 09 draft

ASHKUM BEAR

Next years draft is not a deep one for our current needs, except for maybe WR which may work out for us. The 2009 draft will be known for LB's. There are also a few SS listed top 25 and some CB's.

Walters 2009 mock draft

OL

1. Michael Oher OT Ole Mis top 5

2. Alex Mack C, Cal top 20

3. Duke Robinson G, Oklahoma top 25

4. Herman Johnson G, LSU top 25

5. Phil Loadholt OT, Oklahoma top 25

6. Andre Smith OT, Alabama top 25

RB

1. Chris Wells RB, Ohio St. top 10

2. Knowshon Moreno RB, Georgia top 15

3. C. J. Spiller RB, Clemson top 25

QB

1. Tim Tebow QB, Florida top 5

2. Matt Stafford QB, Georgia top 20

WR

1. Mike Crabtree WR, Texas Tech top 5

2. Darrius Heyward-Bey WR, Maryland top 15

3. Jeremy Maclin WR, Missouri top 20

4. Percy Harrin WR, Florida top 25

Tim Tebow ain't going top 5. His is a bad passer, with bad mechanics. Sure, he can get away with that in college with all the talent he has to work and within that system, but he ain't a franchise QB. At best, he will be a poor man's Vince Young.

Hopefully if we get that franchise LT this year, we can then get the man-beast Duke Robinson next year.

If we don't go with Mendenhall and have an absolutely terrible season, Chris Wells will be the pick, if we have a top 3.

And I agree with BearSox- Tebow will be an awful pro.

I think there's almost no chance the Bears will have a top 3 pick. Devin Hester would have to have a head on head collision with Brian Urlacher in Camp for that to even be possible. The defense and special teams are too good.

Guest TerraTor
Next years draft is not a deep one for our current needs, except for maybe WR which may work out for us. The 2009 draft will be known for LB's. There are also a few SS listed top 25 and some CB's.

Walters 2009 mock draft

OL

1. Michael Oher OT Ole Mis top 5

2. Alex Mack C, Cal top 20

3. Duke Robinson G, Oklahoma top 25

4. Herman Johnson G, LSU top 25

5. Phil Loadholt OT, Oklahoma top 25

6. Andre Smith OT, Alabama top 25

RB

1. Chris Wells RB, Ohio St. top 10

2. Knowshon Moreno RB, Georgia top 15

3. C. J. Spiller RB, Clemson top 25

QB

1. Tim Tebow QB, Florida top 5

2. Matt Stafford QB, Georgia top 20

WR

1. Mike Crabtree WR, Texas Tech top 5

2. Darrius Heyward-Bey WR, Maryland top 15

3. Jeremy Maclin WR, Missouri top 20

4. Percy Harrin WR, Florida top 25

At least we'll have the #1 pick and we can trade it. Crabtree and TeBow, here we come

If the Bears draft Mendenhall in the first this year, look for us to be looking for OL help again next year, and questioning whether or not he was a good selection. It will be the exact same discussion.

Maybe the Bears will shore up the OL this year, and pick a good one up in FA after the year, and we'll actually be able to evaluate the RB, QB, WR fairly...and then go into next year's draft with a clearer picture.

Lets see, a mobile college quarterback and a WR from a pass happy TT team. Quite possibly would be the worst draft ever.

That still doesn't matter. If Crabtree wasn't good, he wouldn't be catching all these passes. So what if he does get the ball thrown to him alot because of the system, he still has to haul in the pass, and he does that. Not to mention he's a big WR, like 6'4, correct me if I'm wrong.

If the Bears draft Mendenhall in the first this year, look for us to be looking for OL help again next year, and questioning whether or not he was a good selection. It will be the exact same discussion.

Maybe the Bears will shore up the OL this year, and pick a good one up in FA after the year, and we'll actually be able to evaluate the RB, QB, WR fairly...and then go into next year's draft with a clearer picture.

The more and more I think about it, we should either trade down and get Cherilous or Albert, then go with a QB and a RB in the 2nd round. Maybe Albert, Flacco (if ATL passes on Ryan, Flacco will go to them early in the 2nd), Forte? I would like that.

Then in the 3rd, we could go with the best WR available (Thomas, Simpson?) and an OG, like Schuening, Young, or Rachal.

Herman Johnson is atcually bigger than Robinson...not sure how many other people weighed 14 pounds when they were born..LOL..

well, yeah Johnson is bigger, but Robinson is a beast on the field and is just better IMO. Plus, I think Robinson will play LG in NFL whereas Johnson projects to more of a road grader RG or RT.

What are you doing making that much sense on this board?

lol

It might be a little early to discuss this.

It is too early to do Mocks for 2009, but I put this out to show what the 2009 draft is gonna look like. As a GM, especially one that would rather build through the draft instead of FA, you have to take into account what future prospects will or won't be available. If I'm JA, I'm noticicing there's not going to be a deep talent pool next year for QB, RB, or OT. Those would be areas I would address early this year, which does have better talent. Next years crop looks to be deep w/ G, LB, and WR's. With that in mind, we may opt to take a WR/G a little later this year and bring in a RD1-RD3 player next year.

Rumor is, next years talent pool will be a down year. Since 2008 is supposed to be decent down to RD's 3-4 I wouldn't mind trading away next years RD1 to jump back into the high 2nd RD if we can get a player we covet.

It is too early to do Mocks for 2009, but I put this out to show what the 2009 draft is gonna look like. As a GM, especially one that would rather build through the draft instead of FA, you have to take into account what future prospects will or won't be available. If I'm JA, I'm noticicing there's not going to be a deep talent pool next year for QB, RB, or OT. Those would be areas I would address early this year, which does have better talent. Next years crop looks to be deep w/ G, LB, and WR's. With that in mind, we may opt to take a WR/G a little later this year and bring in a RD1-RD3 player next year.

Rumor is, next years talent pool will be a down year. Since 2008 is supposed to be decent down to RD's 3-4 I wouldn't mind trading away next years RD1 to jump back into the high 2nd RD if we can get a player we covet.

It just seems theres a lot more to discuss from this draft. As far as next years draft we dont know who we are gonna take this year. We dont know what free agents will be available. We dont know which underclassmen will declare. We dont know which unknown guys will pop up during the season. It just seems like a pointless discussion at this point and time. Unless it is completely geared on positional needs and not actual players.

It just seems theres a lot more to discuss from this draft. As far as next years draft we dont know who we are gonna take this year. We dont know what free agents will be available. We dont know which underclassmen will declare. We dont know which unknown guys will pop up during the season. It just seems like a pointless discussion at this point and time. Unless it is completely geared on positional needs and not actual players.

That's all it is. You don't know who will be available this year when we draft or even next year, but the number of quality players at certain positions next year is what I'm looking at. I would definately be looking for my QB of the future this year b/c I would cringe at the the thought of taking Tebow next year. Next year has some quality as of right now at G, WR, SS, and LB, which I can see us taking either WR/SS next year with our top pick, b/c there should be good odd's a player at that position will be available. Knowing that, JA may consider taking Flacco QB over someone like K. Phillips S if they were both available when we select in RD2(doubtful). This time of the year is like being a little kid going through the Toys R Us ad and making your wish list for Santa. Some of us want the Ferrari remote control car b/c it's red and fast and some of us want the Monster truck remote control car so we can run over that Ferrari :D

Guest TerraTor

Trade our pick to get into the top 10 and take clady, then we take mendenhall (if avai) or stewart