Elgin Slim's Mock Draft

McGowan

I have a mock draft that I think would be great for the Bears:

1) Chris Williams OT/Vanderbilt

We have to get an OL in the first. If Clady and Williams are gone you trade down and take Otah/Cherilus

2) Earl Doucet WR/LSU or Mario Manningham WR/Michigan

I think we go with either of these guys in the second. WR is a need for this team. Manningham showed how fast he really is at his pro day. He screwed up at the combine.

3a) Roy Scheuning G/Oregon State

Again adding depth to the OL.

3b) Kevin Smith RB/Central Florida

Don't ask me why, but I really like this guy. He almost broke Barry Sanders' single season rushing record, even though he played at a small school, what more can you ask of a college RB.

4) Paul Hubbard WR/Wisconsin

We now get a tall WR to go with Manningham/Doucet. Hubbard is 6-3 220 and ran the 40 at 4.38 at his pro day.

5) Erik Ainge QB/Tennessee

Flame me all you want for this pick, but I think that he is a good pick here. Pick a QB later because if he fails then it isn't a big waste of a pick. The QB class sucks this year anyway and I think Flacco and Brohm will be gone by the time we pick in the second round. Everyone else after that is a crapshoot.

6) DJ Wolfe S/Oklahoma

We need safety help, but this class sucks worse than the QBs, so pick up one late and hope

7) search for a diamond in the rough. There's this 6-5 WR from Louisville I read about who is fast for his size, but has character issues, why not try him here?

So what do you guys think?

Guest TerraTor
That would be a pretty good draft, but Angelo always picks a couple of no-name players.

Instead of the 2nd round steal with Doucet or Manningham, angelo will trade down and get another 3rd and later 2nd and draft a no-name defensive end or RB we never heard of

Instead of the 2nd round steal with Doucet or Manningham, angelo will trade down and get another 3rd and later 2nd and draft a no-name defensive end or RB we never heard of

Or he'll draft somebody you will whine about, profess doom and gloom, threaten to be a Jags fan, and all of these things.

But the player will turn out to be the most electrifying return man in the history of the game.

Sound about right???

Or he'll draft somebody you will whine about, profess doom and gloom, threaten to be a Jags fan, and all of these things.

But the player will turn out to be the most electrifying return man in the history of the game.

Sound about right???

been there, done that...