Second Round RB's

Zod

I'm glad you cleared that up...

4 I can follow your logic, 7+, I couldn't...

Talking about an all OL draft was a joke/exaggeration to make a point. The original post mentioned drafting 4, to which you argued, to which I replied.

- Tait is "very good". I am not sure I would agree w/ that. Maybe he can be again if he slides over to RT, but I am not sure whether or not we can say he is even good if he stays on the left. Kreutz I would agree is still very good, but as I said, for how much longer, and then factor his contract. Garza is adequate? Okay, but when did we say "okay" to adequate?

- Sure, you can always say you need depth. My points though would be the OL is more pressing than many others, and OL often take longer to develop than many other positions. Of those you mention...

CB - We recently re-signed both starters, and a rookie last year looked dang good.

LB - We just re-signed Briggs, have pro bowl MLB under contract through 2011, and Hunter resently re-signed. Add to that drafting Williams and Okwo the last two years, and I am not sure why we need depth here.

DL - We are 4 deep now at DE. Maybe could use a DT, but I would argue this is a position that needs less development, as more rookie DTs step up than OL.

WR - No argument there, and if this were a better WR draft, I might be more for it, but this draft looks ugly at WR.

RB - Agreed, and could easily be taken day one.

QB - No argument here.

FB - Yes, but most FBs are later picks.

Again, you were going off the belief I seriously was advocating taking OL w/ every pick. I was not. I would likely not even take OL w/ the first four picks, but if it played out a certain way, it would not upset me too much. For example, Albert in the 1st, Baker falls to us in the 2nd, Pollack is there in the 3rd, and Rachal or Nicks in the later 3rd. That would be starting out the draft w/ four OL picks, and I would not have an issue w/ it. Would I like to see RB or QB mixed in there? Hell yes, but if no good QBs are there, and RB doesn't play out as we want in the draft, it would not upset me if we did as I mentioned above. We would immediately fill current holes, upgrade our depth, and create a situation where OL may be a strength for a long time.

I saw Kreutz mentioned, and while he did play bad last year, you have to remember that he had to block his guy, and the LG's guy for a lot of the season with Brown playing with only one arm, and Metcalf sucking.