Beekman resurrects

ASHKUM BEAR

The coaching staff is where I'm placing my bet...and yeah, it is scary.

hehehehe ya, that leaves us with either a stupid gm, stupid coaches or both.

everyone except angie KNOWS metcalf is a freakin drone!!! so i just honestly can't imagine a single reason why beekman or even oakley didn't get some playing time when r. brown went down.

it's truely mindboggling!!!

Ha! Probably both!

It truly is a mystery of the ages...

Sherlock Holmes couldn't sleuth this out.

hehehehe ya, that leaves us with either a stupid gm, stupid coaches or both.

everyone except angie KNOWS metcalf is a freakin drone!!! so i just honestly can't imagine a single reason why beekman or even oakley didn't get some playing time when r. brown went down.

it's truely mindboggling!!!

Whoever said that if he can't beat out a 1 arm OL, then he'll never be much, well I agree with you.

I don't think Beekman was ever competing to beat out Ruben Brown. Lovie has a policy that if a player can practice during the week, he can play. Blame it on Lovies system, but since Brown won the job in TC it's his unless he really blows it or ends up injured. With Brown, he played injured until he shut himself down on his own.

I question why Beekman didn't get a shot when Metcalf failed so bad that they put St. Clair over at guard. There must be a reason and I really don't think it is he a terrible player. Maybe he was the teams #2 Center behind Olin and if Olin went down, they needed someone to fill in.

I personally have no problem w/ Beekman. He was among my favorite picks in our draft. I thought then he could be a solid OG, and even after his lack of PT, still think he can develop.

My key issue is w/ the logic in the original post that Beekman and Metcalf provide enough such that Brown's departure doesn't create a big hole, or that we need not look at OG prior to the 4th round. I like Beekman, but no way do I see OG as anything but a high need.

And Metcalf should not even be mentioned in our plans. He has had 6 years, and has never looked like he should be our starter. Can't even just rip the staff, as Metcalf did play last year, and played so poor we moved St Clair inside to replace him.

-Beekman might just have an edge on any drafted G right now unless it's Albert's.

-What would you think of shifting Kreutz to LG and putting Beekman in at C. Beekman has that versatility, and may be able to make a snap with out fumbling the exchange.

-I still have G as a priority, but I think there's bigger fish to fry right now (OT, RB, WR, QB) and then (G, S, DT,

Heres my priority for the draft:

RD1=OLT (I'd happily take a chance at B. Albert - and if he can't make it as a LT he will be a probowl G)

RD2=QB Chad Henne (I'd prefer to trade down a little w/ this pick)

RD3=RB Matt Forte

RD3=WR

RD4= OG/S

I don't think Kreutz is big enough to play guard that well. He's strong for sure but what makes him so good as a center is his quickness. Of course that's fading some as he gets older so I understand the thought but I just don't think it would be that good for him.