Rasheed Davis

vegas1211

It is good.

The guy looks like a hard worker and willing to do what is needed. He not an answer, but certainly adds some depth.

Not that it's big news, but the NFL Network is reporting that Rasheed Davis has signed his one-year tender offer w/the Bears. Given the current state of our receiving corps. it couldn't hurt having him compete during camp.

He does what he's asked to rather well, and for the money, it's a good deal for sure. He has probably had the most consistent hands of our entire WR corps over the past two season, and he is a quick in-and-out of his routes slot guy, so I'm happy to keep him here.

Also, he can be a returner if the "unhappy" Hester wants to test the Bears and hold out.

Also, he can be a returner if the "unhappy" Hester wants to test the Bears and hold out.

Meh, he's just an okay return man, and I would bet 99% of the reason for him replacing Manning next to Hester at the goal line had to do with Danieal stealing too many of Devin's balls.

As far as the unhappy Devin, Deion can eat a **** as far as I'm concerned for being the voice of displeasure. Once an attention whore, always an attention whore, I just wish him and his shitty reality show would disappear into the abyss forever.

Ha!

Actually Sander should keep on with the "reality" TV...and stay far away from the real reality of football!

Meh, he's just an okay return man, and I would bet 99% of the reason for him replacing Manning next to Hester at the goal line had to do with Danieal stealing too many of Devin's balls.

As far as the unhappy Devin, Deion can eat a **** as far as I'm concerned for being the voice of displeasure. Once an attention whore, always an attention whore, I just wish him and his shitty reality show would disappear into the abyss forever.

What things last season did Rashied do badly? Catch? Not get separation (open)? Block?

I know he wasn't a big part of the offense, but I have trouble evaluating Bears receivers because of the offense and quarterbacking and coaching that goes along with being a Bears WR. It would certainly be possible to some extent if you paid close attention to what the guy was doing when he was on the field but I don't watch Bears games that way (like I'm trying to break down tape). Runningback is easy, for example, because the camera stays on him most of the time, so I don't have to do anything special to notice how he's doing; WR is different since they're often off the screen and their success depends on the QB. ....so anyway, I am seriously asking, not trying to make a point.

2 years ago I thought maybe Davis could be a not thrilling but happy to have him type of slot WR just like 3 years ago I thought Mark Bradley could develop into a #1 WR for all I knew. Didn't work out.

What things last season did Rashied do badly? Catch? Not get separation (open)? Block?

I know he wasn't a big part of the offense, but I have trouble evaluating Bears receivers because of the offense and quarterbacking and coaching that goes along with being a Bears WR. It would certainly be possible to some extent if you paid close attention to what the guy was doing when he was on the field but I don't watch Bears games that way (like I'm trying to break down tape). Runningback is easy, for example, because the camera stays on him most of the time, so I don't have to do anything special to notice how he's doing; WR is different since they're often off the screen and their success depends on the QB. ....so anyway, I am seriously asking, not trying to make a point.

2 years ago I thought maybe Davis could be a not thrilling but happy to have him type of slot WR just like 3 years ago I thought Mark Bradley could develop into a #1 WR for all I knew. Didn't work out.

Something you wrote triggered some thoughts. It boggles my mind to watch us not develop recievers on this team. I think we simply have poor position coaches. Paying out money to the salary cap is one thing, paying good coaches is another. It leads me to believe the McCaskeys still have a silent hand in money matters, as we still have a low paid staff, aside from Lovie. It would be bad PR if we were 15mil under the cap as the season starts. If you underpay unproven position coaches you get to throw a few more manhole covers into the family coffers and no-one notices.

Not that it's big news, but the NFL Network is reporting that Rasheed Davis has signed his one-year tender offer w/the Bears. Given the current state of our receiving corps. it couldn't hurt having him compete during camp.

Maybe now they'll have to give him more reps. And I agree about WR coaching, it sucks!