Your 3rd String QB

dawhizz

Bears | N. Hill agrees to terms

Sun, 27 Apr 2008 16:47:12 -0700

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports the Chicago Bears have agreed to terms with undrafted free-agent QB Nick Hill (Southern Illinois). Terms of the contract were not disclosed.

I kind of figured they had something worked out with him if he didn't get drafted. He was a draftable player though.

Bears | N. Hill agrees to terms

Sun, 27 Apr 2008 16:47:12 -0700

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports the Chicago Bears have agreed to terms with undrafted free-agent QB Nick Hill (Southern Illinois). Terms of the contract were not disclosed.

I kind of figured they had something worked out with him if he didn't get drafted. He was a draftable player though.

I'd be shocked as hell if we didn't sign some free agent journeyman to be our #3.

It's still flabbergasting that we made a conscious decision not to draft a QB. It wasn't just that we didn't like any of the guys who were available, but we wanted to make a statement in not drafting anyone.

Anybody seen this guy play? There must be a Saluki among posters. Maybe some of the Flacco supporters watched Hill against Delaware in the playoffs? Suntimes says he was a former basketball player at Western Kentucky so I figure he's a pretty good athlete mobility wise.

i went to SIU... Nick was a good qb, he has quick feet, can move around the pocket, can scramble to get youa couple more yards. i would say he doesn't make the best choices when throwing the ball, but if you coach him im sure he'll get better. Good smart kid, who is athletic. And for SIU being more of a "Party" school, i never saw nick out, except maybe once

Thanks for the comments!

i went to SIU... Nick was a good qb, he has quick feet, can move around the pocket, can scramble to get youa couple more yards. i would say he doesn't make the best choices when throwing the ball, but if you coach him im sure he'll get better. Good smart kid, who is athletic. And for SIU being more of a "Party" school, i never saw nick out, except maybe once