Nice Mike Brown article

Connorbear

I consider him a poor man's Ronnie Lott. If he'd have been healthy all of his career, I'm convinced he could be a HoF candidate.

The player I tend to compare him to is Mike Singletary. I know it is a different position, but I still see the similarities. Like Singletary, Brown is not one of the best pure athletes, but each were very smart players, and always around the ball. And like Singletary, Brown makes those around him better.

Urlacher makes those around him better because he is simply so good, but Brown is more of a leader who helps get players into the right position. He is the guy he can read an offense, and let those around him know what is coming. The Mikes are not on the same level. I know that. Legends were made of how QBs would break from the huddle, line up, and then hear Singletary calling out the plays and adjusting the defense as if he were sitting in the huddle. QBs would have told stories of this, and how deflating it would be to step up to the line, only to have the defense calling out the play. Brown is not equal, but IMHO, is presense has a similar effect.

I won't disagree!

I consider him a poor man's Ronnie Lott. If he'd have been healthy all of his career, I'm convinced he could be a HoF candidate.

The player I tend to compare him to is Mike Singletary. I know it is a different position, but I still see the similarities. Like Singletary, Brown is not one of the best pure athletes, but each were very smart players, and always around the ball. And like Singletary, Brown makes those around him better.

Urlacher makes those around him better because he is simply so good, but Brown is more of a leader who helps get players into the right position. He is the guy he can read an offense, and let those around him know what is coming. The Mikes are not on the same level. I know that. Legends were made of how QBs would break from the huddle, line up, and then hear Singletary calling out the plays and adjusting the defense as if he were sitting in the huddle. QBs would have told stories of this, and how deflating it would be to step up to the line, only to have the defense calling out the play. Brown is not equal, but IMHO, is presense has a similar effect.