Hester looking good at WR

AZ54

We've only had a minicamp but this is a good sign that Hester has learned where to lineup and what route to run on plays.

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/ChalkTalkStory.asp?story_id=4768

I totally agree with you that Devin Hester will surprise everyone at wide receiver this year. What’s your guess on how many catches and yards he’ll have? Do you think 70 catches and 850 yards is out of the question?

Eric H.

Monroe, Michigan

I’m going to predict that Devin Hester catches 53 passes for 848 yards. I think 70 is a little high just because the Bears will try to establish a running game and also spread the ball around in the passing game to their wide receivers, tight ends and running backs. From what I’ve seen, however, Hester is certainly talented enough to catch 70 passes in a season.

While your forecasted number of catches isn't close to what Berrian had last year the yards are in the ballpark. i think Berrian had 971 yds last year. If Hester can do that he will easily replace the big play threat we had with Berrian, especially since he'd be averaging 17.7 yards per reception. That would draw a lot of attention from defenses. That would allow the other receivers to make up the difference in receptions (Booker, Bradley, Olsen, Clark).

As much a head case as he is, we will really need to lean on Brandon Lloyd alot this yr I think

ISUMatt - welcome to the board. Are you still a student at ISU or have you graduated? I graduated from ISU back in 1989 and until 5 yrs ago I had family in Bloomington/Normal.

Peace :dabears

ISUMatt - welcome to the board. Are you still a student at ISU or have you graduated? I graduated from ISU back in 1989 and until 5 yrs ago I had family in Bloomington/Normal.

Well thank you!! Ive been out of ISU since 1996, but I always go back for football and basketball games as well as my yearly trip to St Louis for Arch Madness...Do you post on redbirdfan.com?

Well thank you!! Ive been out of ISU since 1996, but I always go back for football and basketball games as well as my yearly trip to St Louis for Arch Madness...Do you post on redbirdfan.com?

I have never posted there. Will have to check it out. Thanks.

He looked good in training camp last year and it didn't really show a whole heckuva lot in-season; course we had doofy brain Turner running the show.. And he's still there!

Last year at minicamp we heard how great our whole offense looked and that didnt work out. Its definitely better than them looking bad but I wont put too much stock in it.

I could easily see Hester averaging 3 catches a game with about 15 yds per catch. So something like 50 - 750 seems pretty reasonable.

This offense could really surprise with Hester, Olsen, and Forte. Forte is such a bigger threat to catch out of the backfield compared to Benson, so the QB will always have a dump off option. Benson was just a dump.