LeCharles Bentley released...

BearSox

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-b...p&type=lgns

LeCharles Bentley and his agent asked for a release and they got it. This is because Bentley wants to start somewhere new with the chance of starting and not being a backup plan. If you recall, a couple years ago Bentley was an up-and-comming stud on the O-Line and signed with the Browns to a massive contract. Unfortunatly, he had a career threatening injury and hasn't played for the past 2 years. However, from all reports he is healthy again.

Now, I am not one to propose all these goofy ideads, and Bentley is probably not the same player he used to be, but I'd still have more faith in him than Metcalf. Bentley can play either guard or center, and would provide for a backup for Kreutz as well. We are in dire need of help on the O-Line, and these seems like a risk we'd be stupid not to take, IMO.

Thoughts?

LeCharles Bentley and his agent asked for a release and they got it. This is because Bentley wants to start somewhere new with the chance of starting and not being a backup plan. If you recall, a couple years ago Bentley was an up-and-comming stud on the O-Line and signed with the Browns to a massive contract. Unfortunatly, he had a career threatening injury and hasn't played for the past 2 years. However, from all reports he is healthy again.

Now, I am not one to propose all these goofy ideads, and Bentley is probably not the same player he used to be, but I'd still have more faith in him than Metcalf. Bentley can play either guard or center, and would provide for a backup for Kreutz as well. We are in dire need of help on the O-Line, and these seems like a risk we'd be stupid not to take, IMO.

Thoughts?

I called this one a couple of months ago. I hear ya, he may not be the same player but could fill a huge hole at guard.

Anyone heart how Chris Williams is doing?

For a decent price...why not?

Thoughts?

First and foremost, I think the key is his health.

W/ that said, I do not see us adding him. Forgot his name already, but NE recently signed the veteran OG/OT who had been a starter for SD. While he may not be great, does anyone really think he would have been worse than Metcalf.

It really feels like, at least to me, the staff are going to give the players on the roster a shot. While I am not sure Lovie is high on Metcalf, I think Angelo is. Further, while there are not many players on our depth chart who have proven themselved (OL) I think Angelo sees a lot of players he liked and who he feels have potential, and wants to give them an opportunity to step up.

I have said for a long time I would love to add an OG, but at this point, I simply have the feeling Angelo would prefer to allow the players on the roster a chance to step up.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/home_NFL.aspx

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports free agent OL LeCharles Bentley would prefer to play guard for his next team.

It's surprising Bentley is already being choosy. He's coming off a bunch of knee surgeries and was apparently timed in the 7s when the Browns asked him to run forties for his physical. He should be willing to play wherever.

Well, he wants to play guard. He might have timed in the 7's, but that was probably his first 40 in over 2 years. I still feel he would be well-worth the risk.

Our solution to the RB spot before Benson was to throw depth at it and hope it works out during training camp. Our solution to the WR spot was to throw depth at it and hope it works out in training camp. Our solution to the QB Spot was to throw depth at it and hope it works out during training camp. I see no reason why throwing depth at the guard position is a bad idea.