best strategy for buying single game tickets

BearFan2000

I know this is slightly off topic but since we are approaching the date where they release the individual home game tickets. I've tried unsuccessfully the past few years. What seems to be happening is the brokers or individuals buy ups large chunks of tickes with no intention of going to the game but with the intent to make a killing selling the tickets on various sites where the prices end up being highly inflated.

I was wondering if anyone has a method that works. I've tried the whole Ticketmaster thing and by the time the page loaded I would the tickets would be gone. I do have something in my favor that I didn't have before and that's high speed internet, I'm thinking that having dial-up didn't help my chances.

One thing I am doing right now is going over the schedule and highlighting a few games that I'd like to see and then prioritize that list. That way when the day comes I can shoot directly for that game first and then proceede down the list.

On a side what are some of the best and worst seats in the new Soldier Field? My first and only Bears game was at the old Soldier Field in 2001

BearFan2000 - I have tried several years to get single-game tickets without success...and I have high-speed internet. I recently watched a show about how the ticket brokers do it, and it's virtually impossible to beat them. They have programs that take advantage loopholes in the ticketbastard software, and can access the tickets faster than anyone doing it legitimately.

DBDB - I'm seriously considering going to the Atlanta game; of course, that would require buying tickets from a legal thief (i.e. scalper). I never know if work will have me in town, and I can't plan that far out in advance. I'll give you a PM when we get closer to the time.

I know this is slightly off topic but since we are approaching the date where they release the individual home game tickets. I've tried unsuccessfully the past few years. What seems to be happening is the brokers or individuals buy ups large chunks of tickes with no intention of going to the game but with the intent to make a killing selling the tickets on various sites where the prices end up being highly inflated.

I was wondering if anyone has a method that works. I've tried the whole Ticketmaster thing and by the time the page loaded I would the tickets would be gone. I do have something in my favor that I didn't have before and that's high speed internet, I'm thinking that having dial-up didn't help my chances.

One thing I am doing right now is going over the schedule and highlighting a few games that I'd like to see and then prioritize that list. That way when the day comes I can shoot directly for that game first and then proceede down the list.

Where are you getting online from? If you're in the chicagoland area, I'd suggest going to a ticketmaster outlet and getting them from there.

If you're not, you may be screwed. They give priority to credit card numbers with billing addresses in the chicagoland area.

Personally, I have a 2 pronged attack process. My buddy is going to stand in line at the ticketmaster the morning they go on sale, and I'm going to sit at home with 3 computers logged into ticketmaster at once trying to get tickets to different games. We'll be happy with any that we get.

BearFan2000 - I have tried several years to get single-game tickets without success...and I have high-speed internet. I recently watched a show about how the ticket brokers do it, and it's virtually impossible to beat them. They have programs that take advantage loopholes in the ticketbastard software, and can access the tickets faster than anyone doing it legitimately.

That is is insane and should be stopped somehow. One thing they should is regulate the resale of tickets so the price either must be face value or have a maximum mark up. I live in Indiana and I thought there were some laws concerning ticket resale and pricing. 2001 was the only time I was able to secure tickets. I think though that that was not the initial release but it seemed like they were tickets released later. Do they still do multiple releases or is what it is when the day comes they release them and it's first come first serve?

Watching the games on TV and seeing all the empty seats in and game that according to Ticket Master is sold out and knowing that it's because those tickets were not bought by a fan but someone who's just out to make a buck. It makes me sick and angry thinking about it. Most normal people are struggling financially these days and then if you want to go support your favorite team by attending a game you have virtually no shot at getting tickets at face value and have two options... pay through the nose and go anyway and help line the pockets of some broker, or sit at home and watch it on TV. Could be why the NFL Sunday ticket popularity has grown. Since most of us either can't afford the inflated ticket prices of after market sellers we figure Sunday Ticket is a better investment so we can watch all the games on our HDTVs. Which I'm sure the NFL network is pleased about.

The games I'm targeting are the Packers monday night game at Soldier field in December (with Favre gone it will likely slow ticket sales to that game) and the Saints thursday game in December. Is it just me or is the NFL looking to stir up a rivalry between the Bears and the Saints since we met in the NFC Championship game? That was one of the last games last year as well.

That is is insane and should be stopped somehow. One thing they should is regulate the resale of tickets so the price either must be face value or have a maximum mark up. I live in Indiana and I thought there were some laws concerning ticket resale and pricing. 2001 was the only time I was able to secure tickets. I think though that that was not the initial release but it seemed like they were tickets released later. Do they still do multiple releases or is what it is when the day comes they release them and it's first come first serve?

It's one release and it's first come, first serve. Regulations regarding ticket resale are a legal thing that varies from state to state. Coming up with standardized rules is impossible. Actually, lawmakers prefer them being sold online without regulation than more being sold outside the stadium.

Watching the games on TV and seeing all the empty seats in and game that according to Ticket Master is sold out and knowing that it's because those tickets were not bought by a fan but someone who's just out to make a buck. It makes me sick and angry thinking about it. Most normal people are struggling financially these days and then if you want to go support your favorite team by attending a game you have virtually no shot at getting tickets at face value and have two options... pay through the nose and go anyway and help line the pockets of some broker, or sit at home and watch it on TV. Could be why the NFL Sunday ticket popularity has grown. Since most of us either can't afford the inflated ticket prices of after market sellers we figure Sunday Ticket is a better investment so we can watch all the games on our HDTVs. Which I'm sure the NFL network is pleased about.

Not to nitpick, but there are rarely any empty seats. When there are empty seats, it usually has to do with really bad weather on gameday - that and the only time I can actually remember any was the New Years eve game that got switched to primetime at the last minute.

The games I'm targeting are the Packers monday night game at Soldier field in December (with Favre gone it will likely slow ticket sales to that game) and the Saints thursday game in December. Is it just me or is the NFL looking to stir up a rivalry between the Bears and the Saints since we met in the NFC Championship game? That was one of the last games last year as well.

I would still suggest going to a ticketmaster location to buy your tickets at noon cst July 12th. It's a saturday, so I'd plan to be in line by 10am cst.

Find a location here: http://www.ticketmaster.com/h/stateselectt...m_retail_header

As for the popularity of GB tix, that will never decrease because the cheeseheads drive down to watch the game in person. In 2001, a buddy and I were offered $600 apiece and turned down the offer. I also think the prime-time games will sell out more quickly than 12:00 games.

Not to nitpick, but there are rarely any empty seats. When there are empty seats, it usually has to do with really bad weather on gameday - that and the only time I can actually remember any was the New Years eve game that got switched to primetime at the last minute.

I don't know. While I can not say I have been to "that" many games in Chicago as I life in Texas, every time I have gone up there for a game, you can find PLENTY of guys trying to sell tickets up to, and during the game. Same here in Dallas, and I would assume pretty much everywhere. If there are tickets still available through scalpers outside, not to mention the ones on-line that never are sold, there must then too be empty seats.

Word to the wise...never buy tickets outside Soldier. My freind bought bogus ones a season ago. They look so good now, you can't tell until you get up to the gate. It's a pure chance situation. Go to stub-hub or razor gator before the game if you couldn't get through ticketmaster. You'll pay a bit more, but they're guaranteed to be legit.

I don't know. While I can not say I have been to "that" many games in Chicago as I life in Texas, every time I have gone up there for a game, you can find PLENTY of guys trying to sell tickets up to, and during the game. Same here in Dallas, and I would assume pretty much everywhere. If there are tickets still available through scalpers outside, not to mention the ones on-line that never are sold, there must then too be empty seats.

But if you think about it, at that point you are talking about a few hundred seats being held by those scalpers around the stadium and that isn't exactly going to be noticed out of a stadium that holds 50K plus.

As DBDB pointed out, a few hundred empty seats spread out over the stadium probably looks no different on TV than the folks in line to buy beer. BF2K's point was about how upset he gets when he sees all those empty seats on TV. That really never occurs unless the weather is really bad - and even then, it's the season ticket holders that don't feel like braving a subzero windchill and not the tickets sold by a broker.

There ARE alot of guys outside the stadium selling tickets, but as Madlith pointed out, you're taking a chance on fake tickets that way.

I also wouldn't blame all the professional ticketbrokers either. I know guys with several sets of season tickets. One guy has 3 different pairs of tickets. He sells them to his friends at face value +10% most of the time, but he sells 2 pair above value for hot games to cover the cost of ALL the tickets. There are games late in the season where no one is interested and he has empty seats because nobody really wants to sit in the brutal cold.

I missed the part of the discussion talking about how it looks on TV. Agreed, that is looks like a total sell out each time. I think it is more than just a couple hundred seats that are empty at games, but also agree the percentage is not great.

I don't have an issue w/ season ticket holders who sell their tickets, and I have a feeling few do. My issue is with the system in place which creates too many opportunities for brokers to go in and buy up so many tickets, while fans have little opportunity.

I used to work for a publishing division of ticketmaster and for the concert industry. Although I didn't work in the ticketing area of ticketmaster, I do know that Ticketmaster does try to eliminate robots and all that, but the criminals are always a step ahead of the cops so to speak. When I worked in the concert promotion business, I learned even more about ticketing. Basically promoters, buildings and artists buy up the most primo seats. Then those are sold or given to high priority clients, managers, agents,etc. Some do go out to employees that really love the bands, etc... In addition, some primo seats are sold to the general public, but it's not that many. That's why you'll notice that even if you're first in line at a sale, you'll get good seats, but not epic. I have got to imagine it works similarly in sports. Note that these primo tickets that aren't handed out, do go back on sale...usually the day of, so if you see a sold out show, always check the day of and you could get lucky. Same with games I'm told...

I don't think there's an easy solution to get tickets to legit fans. Even a lottery,etc... Who's to say broker X can't say he's a fan? It's really tough. I truly wish there was a better way...I'm just at a loss on what's the way. The only thing that I've heard was a potential program that the purchaser of the ticket doesn't really even have a ticket. The ticket is your ID. If you bought 4 tickets, only the person with the ID could literally sit in those seats. Granted, the other 3 people could be anyone. But it would force the owenr of the ticket to go. I forget the exacts, but there was mention that the ownership could be transferred, but only through ticketmaster with no more additional fee other than yet another transaction charge (they nickel and dime customers to death...but don't get me started there as I can go on forever...) However, even then, there's nothing that prevents a seperate deal to be made on the side. That's why it's so complex. The only real way is if the person who bought the ticket wants to sell it, they can only sell it back to TM, who will then sell it to the next person in line. Bottom line, the brokers have armies of guys going on line buying all year round, and we fans just go on once a year to give it a shot.

I missed the part of the discussion talking about how it looks on TV. Agreed, that is looks like a total sell out each time. I think it is more than just a couple hundred seats that are empty at games, but also agree the percentage is not great.

I don't have an issue w/ season ticket holders who sell their tickets, and I have a feeling few do. My issue is with the system in place which creates too many opportunities for brokers to go in and buy up so many tickets, while fans have little opportunity.

I guess I don't think about it that much because I've always been able to get tickets when I want them. Me and a buddy want to go to a couple games. He's going to stand by the ticketmaster counter for a couple hours in advance, and I'm going to buy online from 3 different computers. I bet we're going to get at least 2 pair of tickets. Even then, if you buy your tickets on stubhub way in advance, the markup isn't that great unless it's to a primetime or Packers game.

I think the biggest pain is for folks that live somewhere else. There aren't as many options because they have to plan so far in advance and it gets quite complicated if they're planning to get a hotel room too.

If you live in the area, it's not hard to pick up tickets the week of the game sometimes. Maybe it's just easy for me because I know so many season ticket holders who call me if they have cancelations.

As DBDB pointed out, a few hundred empty seats spread out over the stadium probably looks no different on TV than the folks in line to buy beer. BF2K's point was about how upset he gets when he sees all those empty seats on TV. That really never occurs unless the weather is really bad - and even then, it's the season ticket holders that don't feel like braving a subzero windchill and not the tickets sold by a broker.

There ARE alot of guys outside the stadium selling tickets, but as Madlith pointed out, you're taking a chance on fake tickets that way.

I also wouldn't blame all the professional ticketbrokers either. I know guys with several sets of season tickets. One guy has 3 different pairs of tickets. He sells them to his friends at face value +10% most of the time, but he sells 2 pair above value for hot games to cover the cost of ALL the tickets. There are games late in the season where no one is interested and he has empty seats because nobody really wants to sit in the brutal cold.

Are you serious!? Those guys can rot in hell for all I care. I blame every single one of those greedy bastards. There are ALWAYS people that want to go to the game. It's just that most normal fans know that the prices for the games - because of markup - are astronomically high, and the average guy can't afford to go to the games regularly.

If the guys you know are so damn hard up, send them to this message board. I'm quite sure there will be someone to snap the tickets up in a matter of minutes. I just don't buy that "nobody wants to buy the tickets"-BS. I'd gladly sit in the cold for a game, and if the guy has good tickets it's that much better. Last year I sat at the New Orleans game, and I was only 5-10 rows from the ozone layer, and the wind was BRUTAL. I'd do it again in a heartbeat, as would many on this board.

Furthermore, if the guys you know sell the tickets to the "hot games" at a markup to "cover the cost", then they are precisely the worst people we are talking about. They are fans of convenience. If they were true, diehard fans, there is no way in hell they would pass up the big games. You better believe that if I had season tickets, there would have to be a death in the family to keep me away from a Green Bay game. They use the "covering the cost" excuse as a way to rape another fan. They are same type of people responsible for something we saw in this year's NBA finals, and something we see all the time: a visiting team fan in the home team section, in a seat that was obviously a season ticket holder, all because someone wanted to make a buck.

For the record, I have a huge problem with both. The season ticket guys who sell their tickets are just minor players in the ticket brokering process, but they're a part of the problem. I think that many who do this will play the "Oh, well, I can't go to the game"-card, but when the tickets go up for sell as soon as they are purchased, over and over and over, and there are consistently hundreds of tickets at WAY above face value on more than one website, then they are no better than the big time dealers.

Furthermore, if the guys you know sell the tickets to the "hot games" at a markup to "cover the cost", then they are precisely the worst people we are talking about. They are fans of convenience. If they were true, diehard fans, there is no way in hell they would pass up the big games. You better believe that if I had season tickets, there would have to be a death in the family to keep me away from a Green Bay game. They use the "covering the cost" excuse as a way to rape another fan. They are same type of people responsible for something we saw in this year's NBA finals, and something we see all the time: a visiting team fan in the home team section, in a seat that was obviously a season ticket holder, all because someone wanted to make a buck.

Maybe I didn't explain that very well. The guy I'm thinking of has 3 pairs of tickets: 1 pair of REALLY good seats 15 rows up on about the 40, 1 pair of GOOD tickets 5th row 1st balcony, and one pair way up in the bowl. He always goes to every game, he just always sells the better tickets for the big money games to cover his costs for all the tickets and sits in the cheap seats.

His whole plan is to increase his chance at SB tickets (as a season ticket holder) whenever the Bears go so he can have tickets to historical Bears games that he can go to. He just uses a more solid financial model. He's also on the waiting list to buy more tickets. The bottom line is that Bears tickets are a commodity. If you want a good price on ANY commodity, you have to position yourself properly so that you can get them at a good price when the time is right. Heck, when I buy my tickets, I may end up with 4 pairs of tickets (because of trying on 3 computers at a time) and only be able to keep 2 pair and have to sell a couple pair.

I think that if you're really a Bears fan and like to go to games, you get on the season ticket waiting list, and do what you have to, to be in front of a ticketmaster location when the tickets go on sale. Otherwise folks are more or less complianing that doing what it takes to get tickets at face value is simply too inconvenient. It's possible to get them, you just have to plan ahead and be dedicated.

I don't agree so much on season ticket holders. Are they part of the problem? Sure. But a minor part, IMHO. If you took out the ticket brokers, and season ticket holders sold some of their tickets, I do not think we would have any issue w/ that. The problem is the brokers. You can call out season ticket holders who sell their tickets to the GB game simply to recover the costs, and I have no problem w/ questioning their fan-hood, but that to me is a sep issue.

It seems like whatever laws/rules are passed, brokers (as Mad said) are one step ahead. They pay the "street people" $5 bucks to spend the night in line, so the first 20, 30, 50 spots are taken up by the brokers. They have machines that get through the phone lines faster than the average person. They have more tricks and gimicks than can be imagined.

Personally, I would love a law banning all above market ticket sales. Maybe that is simply un-american, but I just don't care. It bothers me fans can not go to games unless they can afford double, triple or worse, mark up prices. It bothers me the games are for the fans, and yet so often, fans are the ones who can not afford to go. I guess it is the way it is, but it just bugs the hell out of me.

They pay the "street people" $5 bucks to spend the night in line, so the first 20, 30, 50 spots are taken up by the brokers.

Ummmm the tickets don't go onsale at the box office, they go onsale at ALL ticketmaster locations. they have the following rules:

When high demand events are placed on sale to the public, the following rules are typically implemented to help manage the large number of customers who may arrive at a Retail Location to purchase tickets. (Hint: Though events could go on sale at any time, many events are placed on sale on Friday or Saturday at 10am or Noon):

You should plan to arrive at Retail Locations no more than one hour in advance of the event onsale time.

Overnight camping is not allowed.

A Random Number Distribution (RND) procedure will be used to determine line order at Retail Locations if two or more customers are present to purchase tickets at the time the event goes on sale.

All Retail Location sales are subject to geographic restrictions.

Please contact your local Ticketmaster Phone Center number for specific information regarding the availability of events at your desired Retail Location.

NOTE: Retail Locations sell tickets in person. You must be physically present at the Retail Location to purchase your tickets. They do not sell tickets over the phone. Do not call the retail locations to purchase tickets!

I suggest an obscure location out in the 'burbs where you might end up third or fourth in line at worst. :)

I suggest an obscure location out in the 'burbs where you might end up third or fourth in line at worst. :)

I can go pretty much anywhere I want around here, and due to my zip code, would it matter?

Look, I do not know all the rules. What I know is I have had difficulty getting tickets for various things in the past (not just Bear games) and know plenty of others who have similar problems.

I remember trying to get tickets to the World Series when the Sox were playing the Astros. I was trying to get tickets to a Houston game. I was calling a local ticketmaster number in texas small town, as I was told I would have a better shot then. I also had two computers going, and had a group of friends doing the same. None of us got through, but scalpers did not seem to have any shortages of tickets on hand. Sure, I realize I am talking about the World Series, but the point is still the same IMHO. Fans try to get tickets, and can't, but scalpers seem to have no troubles.

FYI - Check my post...scalpers have armies of guys doing it, you have half a dozen at best...

I can go pretty much anywhere I want around here, and due to my zip code, would it matter?

Look, I do not know all the rules. What I know is I have had difficulty getting tickets for various things in the past (not just Bear games) and know plenty of others who have similar problems.

I remember trying to get tickets to the World Series when the Sox were playing the Astros. I was trying to get tickets to a Houston game. I was calling a local ticketmaster number in texas small town, as I was told I would have a better shot then. I also had two computers going, and had a group of friends doing the same. None of us got through, but scalpers did not seem to have any shortages of tickets on hand. Sure, I realize I am talking about the World Series, but the point is still the same IMHO. Fans try to get tickets, and can't, but scalpers seem to have no troubles.

I'm pretty sure you have to be in the "Chicago Bear Fan Zone" so I think you're kinda screwed in Texas.

As for here in the 'burbs, I'd recommend trying ones far out like in Dundee, Vernon Hills, Bloomingdale, or St. Charles in the W-NW area or Calumet City or Matteson in the S 'burbs. If you fear there still may be a number of guys there, then bring your own ringers. You could probably guarantee a shot at tickets if you bring 4 guys. Chances are there won't be more than 20 people there and you've got a really good shot at a top 5 place in line that way.

On a side what are some of the best and worst seats in the new Soldier Field? My first and only Bears game was at the old Soldier Field in 2001

Before I had season tickets, I bought single game tickets every year through Ticketmaster without problems.

I would suggest:

being online and ready right when they go on sale (dial-up doesn't count)

don't try and get division games

don't try and get warm weather games

Whenever I tried to get division games or warm weather games they were always sold out, but I always found cold weather non-division games.

Maybe I didn't explain that very well. The guy I'm thinking of has 3 pairs of tickets: 1 pair of REALLY good seats 15 rows up on about the 40, 1 pair of GOOD tickets 5th row 1st balcony, and one pair way up in the bowl. He always goes to every game, he just always sells the better tickets for the big money games to cover his costs for all the tickets and sits in the cheap seats.

His whole plan is to increase his chance at SB tickets (as a season ticket holder) whenever the Bears go so he can have tickets to historical Bears games that he can go to. He just uses a more solid financial model. He's also on the waiting list to buy more tickets. The bottom line is that Bears tickets are a commodity. If you want a good price on ANY commodity, you have to position yourself properly so that you can get them at a good price when the time is right. Heck, when I buy my tickets, I may end up with 4 pairs of tickets (because of trying on 3 computers at a time) and only be able to keep 2 pair and have to sell a couple pair.

I think that if you're really a Bears fan and like to go to games, you get on the season ticket waiting list, and do what you have to, to be in front of a ticketmaster location when the tickets go on sale. Otherwise folks are more or less complianing that doing what it takes to get tickets at face value is simply too inconvenient. It's possible to get them, you just have to plan ahead and be dedicated.

Just for the record, I think that what he does is better than my previous statement. If he's going to games, but selling others, then at least he's a fan. Sure, he's still part of the problem, but at least he's a fan that doesn't completely rape the system for his own benefit.

As for the commodity statement, while true, it's a way of looking at things that aggravates the average fan. Sure, tickets can be bought and sold just like many other things, but it's different in a certain way that makes it unique. And the fact that he exploits this commodity, regardless of how legal it is, is the line of reasoning and thinking that has led to where we are today: with most fans disillusioned and priced out of a decent game, where it legitimately costs hundreds of dollars to get two people into a game. That's not only sad, it's a pathetic and greedy point of view in my opinion. People like the guys you know never get to mention the rising salaries and other aspects related because they are the facilitators of that black mark on professional sports ticket sales.

On a different note, I think it's a completely different travesty that he has three different sets of season tickets, and is on the waiting list for another set. This should not be allowed. Absolutely, unequivocally, it's something that should be rejected by the team in order to stop people from mass-selling tickets.

June 25, 2008

Bears individual-game tickets to go on sale July 12

LAKE FOREST, Ill. – The Bears on Wednesday announced that individual-game tickets will go on sale through Ticketmaster at noon on Saturday, July 12.

All Ticketmaster sales are via phone and Internet only. Fans may charge by phone at (312) 559-1212, or online at www.ticketmaster.com. Tickets are priced from $68 to $350. There’s a limit of four tickets per customer for regular season games and no limit for preseason contests.

In the preseason, the Bears host the Kansas City Chiefs on Aug. 7 and San Francisco 49ers on Aug. 21. Both games begin at 7 p.m.

The Bears’ regular-season home slate includes the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Sept. 21, Philadelphia Eagles Sept. 28, Minnesota Vikings Oct. 19, Detroit Lions Nov. 2, Tennessee Titans Nov. 9, Jacksonville Jaguars Dec. 7, New Orleans Saints Dec. 11 and Green Bay Packers Dec. 22.

Wheelchair seating is available for each home game through Ticketmaster. Should the wheelchair seating allocation through Ticketmaster become exhausted, fans with disabilities are encouraged to proceed with the purchase of conventional seating – if available – then call the Bears Ticket Office to arrange an exchange.

For further information, please call the Chicago Bears ticket office at (847) 615-BEAR (2327).

Just looked at the Bears website and according to that article tickets will be available via phone and internet only. I do have two computers side by side so I'll take a crack at it on the internet.

I do remember back in 2001 it seemed I had all the time in world to decide which game tickets even with dial up but more recently I'd had no chance. I ended up going to the Detroit game (the one where Hanson missed 2-3 field goals and the Bears barely escaped with a win to stay undefeated) I could have had tickets to the now historical 49er game and man am I kicking myself for that. LOL.

I was looking at the train schedule from South Bend to Chicago and it may not work out to get there and back by train. Driving in Chicago drives me nuts and my Dad isn't too crazy about it either. Getting there by train wouldn't be an issue, but getting back would be, there's only two trains leaving after the game and both stop at Carol Ave. which would give us three hours and change to kill waiting for the next train to south bend or catch a cab. The noon games there wouldn't be as much an issue. I just thought it would be cool to go to a Bears Packers Monday Night Game. Hopefully that would be a meaningless game for us because we've clinched a playoff spot. But, lets' not get ahead of ourselves. LOL

So it looks like I'll be sitting at my computers on July 12th at noon trying to get tickets. I'm assuming that would be noon Central time which would be 1pm here in Indiana. I do have high speed internet 3 Mbs where I previously had dial up. I know that doesn't guarantee but it can't hurt.

I keep hoping they will do something about the brokers scam which is really what it is. Something's got to give it has become so difficult for real fans to afford to go to a game when in most cases to go it means paying double or triple face value on tickets. Which means people like my Dad and I have a difficult time going. I'm sure the NFL has little motivation to do anything. If true fans can't get tickets to the game they may opt for the NFL sunday ticket instead. The system works for the NFL and the Brokers benefit. It's a win win for everyone but the fan. Especially considering there's a likelihood that those games will eventually only air on dish or cable networks.

To this point I've been very fortunate that my local Fox, CBS, and NBC affiliates will nearly always carry the Bears game. So other than the Monday night games which are on ESPN I get to see all the Bears games.