Forte hopes for the season

jason

Interesting video from Forte, he's humble, and shooting for 1000 yards this season. I honestly see no reason why he can't get more.

One note on the video: Bears are without their top passer, rusher, and receiver from last year. Why does that matter? I could understand if the guys did well, but if those top three led to an offense that was widely regarded as a joke, and less effective than several college offenses, then why worry? Why care? The only considerable loss is Berrian, and he hadn't yet shown the ability to be a true #1, something for which he wanted to be paid.

interesting video, it's nice to hear that he is setting the bar high and expects results. I thought he handled the questions about Benson well. I have a feeling he may surprise some people this year.

As you said

1. lost top reciever yes
  2. lost top back that's debatable yes Benson had a statistical edge but not by much did we really have a top back?
  3. lost top passer, again did we really have a top passer? three games in our offense is inept and Rex is benched, Griese comes in for the next 7 games and doesn't really look any better. Back to Grossman who looks to have improved plays fairly well, then gets hurt and Orton finishes the season and has his ups and downs.

They're making it out to be more than it is. It makes for a more interesting story to the uninformed (which the experts seem to think all of us are). There's nothing to brag about being the top qb, rb, or wr in an offense that ranked 27th overall. Out of 32 teams we just sucked less than 5 other teams.

Interesting video from Forte, he's humble, and shooting for 1000 yards this season. I honestly see no reason why he can't get more.

One note on the video: Bears are without their top passer, rusher, and receiver from last year. Why does that matter? I could understand if the guys did well, but if those top three led to an offense that was widely regarded as a joke, and less effective than several college offenses, then why worry? Why care? The only considerable loss is Berrian, and he hadn't yet shown the ability to be a true #1, something for which he wanted to be paid.

Gotta agree, when you are at the bottom of the league in offense how can losing those responsible be considered a major concern. It is obvious to all of us who suffered through this that changes needed to be made.

They're making it out to be more than it is. It makes for a more interesting story to the uninformed (which the experts seem to think all of us are). There's nothing to brag about being the top qb, rb, or wr in an offense that ranked 27th overall. Out of 32 teams we just sucked less than 5 other teams.

Exactly. We're upgrading the 'turd sandwich' that was our offense last yr.

Peace :dabears