Power Rankings from around the net

Pixote

Want to barf... look at what the "experts" (?) think about our team. Some posters here would probably agree with these guys from the comments I have read in the threads, but quite frankly, I think the Bears should be ranked no lower that 16th at the start of the season due to some question marks and will wind up in the top 10 by mid season, then top 5 by the end of the year.

CBS has us at #20 in their Rankings

WalterFootball.com has us at 24th in their Rankings

USA Today has us at 22nd in their Rankings

AOL Sports has us at 26th in their Rankings

SI.com has us at 25th in their Rankings

ESPN has us at 24th in their Rankings

Yahoo Sports has us 23rd in thier Rankings

Bankroll Sports has us 26th in their Rankings

New Era Scouting has us 29th in their Rankings

What If Sports has us 30th in their Rankings

Bleacher Report has us 24th in their Rankings

I don't know if it is the homer in me, but I have a real good feeling about this year. I think our top defense is going to return and that our offense will at least be better than what it was in 05-06.

I'm not going to lie, I think we make the playoffs this year as a wildcard. I think the vikings will win the divison with their D and dominate running. However, I see the Pack having a very mediocre and disappointing season. This is because of all the Farve crap. Stuff like that are distractions to the team, and than Rodgers has more pressure than anyone trying to replace him in Green Bay. I think it is going to be a bumpy ride for them this season.

With the offense we have, this lack of respect is is expected.

Peace :dabears

I agree. If you asked a casual Raiders fan to name 3 of our WRs, I bet they could name Hester, maybe Booker, and that's about it. Our QB situation still isn't very good, our defense is suspect since they're so prone to injuries (Brown, Urlacher's neck/back), our offensive line looks better then what it did last year however the players that are making it look better are young and will more then likely struggle a bit, AP is average, Forte is a rookie out of a small school, and Wolfe needs big time progression, and we still have THEE worst offensive coordinator in football, period.

But, if Rex can play like he did in 2006, if the D can be better then last year, if Hester can make strides, if Bradley can play a full season (anything more then 13 games), and if Forte can show why he was ranked higher than Mendenhall in some pre-draft scouting reports, then we have a good chance at a 9-7, maybe even a 10-6, season.

With the offense we have, this lack of respect is is expected.

Peace :dabears

I'm not going to lie, I wouldn't expect anyone to rank us any higher. The so called great defense was lousy last year (injuries were a primary reason, but the bottom line is the defense was a big reason the team didnt' make the playoffs last season) and the offense has the makings of being worse than any offense in Bears history (we are talking about a team whose oline was the worse in football last year (they upgraded this year at LT, but its a rookie so you really don't know how much of a true-upgrade that will be this year and it still would be a stretch to say that they are a good oline, even if Williams kicks butt right away). The WR core has one over the hill WR who used to be good (not great) and a lot of guys with "potential" (not a one who has ever proven anything in the NFL at the WR position). The RB has never taken a down in the NFL and is a 2nd round pick (that doesn't mean I'm saying Forte will suck, but we aren't talking about a super super hyped #1 overall pick at RB or something) and the depth at the RB position is questioanble (so all reliance is truly on the unproven rookie). At QB you have Rex/Kyle and to be honest, this team could have Tom Brady back there and the offense could still blow (if the RB has growing pains, the OL is mediocre to poor, and the WR core continues to not prove anything).

So unless these defense is the greatest defense ever, I'd be hard pressed to see this team get ranked anything above 20th.

So unless these defense is the greatest defense ever, I'd be hard pressed to see this team get ranked anything above 20th.

I do not know about being the "greatest defense ever" but I am convinced this year the Bears will place in the top 5 for defense, if not number 1. We have too much talent not to. We are not "old in the tooth" and I disagree with another poster who said we are injury prone. Yes, last year we had a tremendous number of injuries which devastated our performance, however, with the exception of M Brown & Dusty, the remainder of the defense has not been known to be "injury prone".

It is because of my confidence in our return to dominating defense and our superior special teams play that I have strong hopes for our team. Our offense, well, last year we were at the bottom of the barrel, so I have to believe there is only one way to go, and that is up. LOL

I do not know about being the "greatest defense ever" but I am convinced this year the Bears will place in the top 5 for defense, if not number 1. We have too much talent not to. We are not "old in the tooth" and I disagree with another poster who said we are injury prone. Yes, last year we had a tremendous number of injuries which devastated our performance, however, with the exception of M Brown & Dusty, the remainder of the defense has not been known to be "injury prone".

It is because of my confidence in our return to dominating defense and our superior special teams play that I have strong hopes for our team. Our offense, well, last year we were at the bottom of the barrel, so I have to believe there is only one way to go, and that is up. LOL

Don't get me wrong, I think the Bears have the chance at the playoffs, but the defense will have to be entirely healthy (that means Urlacher & Harris especially need to play at there highest levels) and if thats the case it will be at least a top 5 defense. That will give the Bears some time to work out the offensive kinks. I like Forte and I like some of the potential at the Wr position, although I'm not going to lie when I say the Bears have as bad of a WR core as I've ever seen (yes it has the ability, but Hester is very raw, Bradley has never been healthy, Booker is slowing down and really an ideal slot WR, and you have Bennett who looks nice but is a rookie). That is one horrendous ass WR core. Thankfully Clark/Olsen are a strong TE core.