Going all out!!

Wesson44

Lets see what you think about this. The Bears spend some money and aquire Kevin Jones(RB), Bentley(LG), Farve/Culpepper(QB) Henry(WR). Would these players make us a better team if we got them to do the right thing(Henry)? Just a thought. LOL!!

Lets see what you think about this. The Bears spend some money and aquire Kevin Jones(RB), Bentley(LG), Farve/Culpepper(QB) Henry(WR). Would these players make us a better team if we got them to do the right thing(Henry)? Just a thought. LOL!!

No Farve, No Culpepper.....

I hope we sign Jones and Bentley, but no to Henry and Culpepper. And Farve is just wishful thinking, there is no way the Pack is going to grant him his release and risk him signing within the NFC North.

As of now, it looks like Jones could be signed as soon as tonight. So, getting him would be a great move. To go along with signing highly talented players coming off of injury, we'd be smart to go after Bentley. Like with Jones, Bentley would have a good chance to play if he signed with us as opposed to elsewhere. With both of these guys, we'd have very little to lose, but a ton to gain.

As for as 3rd string QB, Leftwich has reportedly lost 20-25 pounds, and the Bears have been linked to him. He is another guy that can be brought in cheap and compete in camp with Grossman and Orton. There is nothing wrong with competition, and if Grossman and Orton fail, at least we wouldn't have to completely throw in the towel and have a UDFA start after them.

You need to hit your re-set button on your PS3! ;)

Favre would clearly be an upgrade and Bentley and Jones would be tremendous pickups if they could regain health. In terms of Henry he would be a significant upgrade to what is the worse WR corps in the league but I don't think its one the Bears make (given how they've been burned with Tank and Benson over the past two years).

Favre would clearly be an upgrade and Bentley and Jones would be tremendous pickups if they could regain health. In terms of Henry he would be a significant upgrade to what is the worse WR corps in the league but I don't think its one the Bears make (given how they've been burned with Tank and Benson over the past two years).

^ Exactly that. Favre and Bentley would be incredible pick ups for us. Low risk, high reward in a way.

I still don't like bringing in Favre. Aside from the bad taste in my mouth this is a guy who can be an INT machine. Given that he has no clue about our offense and has pretty much always played in the same offense in Green Bay. On top of that we have all sorts of issues at RB, WR, LT I don't see a good fit here. Had he been hanging around all offseason going through the minicamps etc. then perhaps but does anyone really believe Favre wants to learn a new offense? Wasn't he bitching about possibly having to do that years ago when GB fired Sherman? I think his end game is to solely to end up playing for Green Bay but would he take a shot with a team like the Ravens?