JOHN LYNCH AVAILABLE

windbar

Now HERE is a shot to get a player with experience in our system, who will provide legitimate depth, or possibly a starter, for our squad.

from Profootballtalk.com:

BRONCOS, LYNCH BREAKING UP

Posted by Mike Florio on July 30, 2008, 11:04 p.m.

The John Lynch era in Tampa ended after eleven years. In Denver, it lasted only four.

According to Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com, the Broncos and Lynch have agreed to go their separate ways.

“I met with [coach] Mike [shanahan], and we both knew it wasn’t really working,” Lynch said. “To coach’s credit, he understood it and is allowing me to seek other opportunities. Just in my gut, it didn’t feel right anymore, but Mike couldn’t have been any better about it.

“Coach was appreciative that I played here and made four Pro Bowls for him and was captain of the team, but in the end, I couldn’t do what I hoped to deliver, which was help bring Denver a championship. And I regret that.”

Lynch told Glazer that the perennial Pro Bowler doesn’t know whether he’ll call it quits. “I think the only way I play is in the perfect situation,” Lynch said. “As a player and when you get older, sometimes you see different hand writings on the wall than everybody else.

I can't say that I really know how much he has regressed over the last few years, but the idea of having him start opposite of Mike Brown is terribly interesting to me.

I don't know if that's enough speed back there, but I'd think that between the two there would be nearly no room for anyone to get free anyway. Both players take great angles, both deliver huge hits, both are coaches on the field.

If the guy hasn't lost a step (or maybe two), then it might be worth a look. Hell, I'd rather have a step-slower John Lynch than RMJ anyway. It'd probably be cheaper too!

I live in Denver, the Broncos signed 2 safety's in the offseason knowing that Lynch wasn't going to be able to beat them out, he doesn't want to be a second stringer so he was given his release.