Robbie's da "man"

Pixote

A small quote from the article now posted on the Bears site:

While all eyes no doubt were on Devin Hester during a special teams drill, it was Robbie Gould who delivered the most impressive performance, driving a kickoff seven yards deep in the end zone with a 4.2-second hangtime

I know they said he was working on his kickoffs but wow, 7 yds deep into the end zone with 4.2 hang time. Now that is awesome. Our kickoff coverage guys will have an easy time being number one in the league if Robbie can deliver like that on a regular basis.

If he can control that and our coverage team can utilize it our field position will be insane between that and Hester.

Agreed, and the thing I like most about it is this guy obviously is working his ass off "AFTER" signing a BIG $$$ contract. That is refreshing to me as well. Obviously, money well spent. I was hoping this guy would not turn out to be a short term star like Edinger turned out to be.

Agreed, and the thing I like most about it is this guy obviously is working his ass off "AFTER" signing a BIG $$$ contract. That is refreshing to me as well. Obviously, money well spent. I was hoping this guy would not turn out to be a short term star like Edinger turned out to be.

Although his kickoff distance is not great, it has been much, much better than Edinger. I think Edinger may have had 1 or 2 touchbacks his entire career. Gould had 7 in 2006 and 3 in 2007. If he can improve at all that would be fantastic.

Peace :dabears

This just makes us a better team. Did anyone see the article that Gould made a 67 yd field goal in practice?

No, I missed that. This kid works his butt off every year. Last year his leg strength improved on FGs and it appears he is still becoming stronger and better refined in technique. 67 yds, wow, and were not in Mile High, LOL.