Grade my fantasy draft...

bear trap

I just wanted anyone interested to tell me what they thought of the draft I did today...

1st overall pick - Adrian Peterson

20th pick - Derek Anderson

21st pick - Thomas Jones

40th pick - Steve Smith

41st pick - TJ whos your momma

60th pick - Fred Taylor

61st pick - Hines Ward

80th pick - Bears D/ST

81st pick - Alge Crumpler

100th pick - Jeff Garcia

101st pick - Ricky Williams

120th pick - Heath Miller

121st pick - Amani Toomer

140th pick - Cleveland D/ST

So, My overall Depth chart will be:

QB - Derek Anderson, Jeff Garcia

RB - Adrian Peterson, Thomas Jones, Fred Taylor, Ricky Williams

WR - Steve Smith, TJ Housmenzadah, Hines Ward, Amani Toomer

TE - Alge Crumpler, Heath Miller

D/ST - Chicago, Cleveland

What do all of you think did I do good, bad, or just Okay. I'm biased and think my team is loaded, but I'll take any opinions with a grain of salt.

I just wanted anyone interested to tell me what they thought of the draft I did today...

21st pick - Thomas Jones

40th pick - Steve Smith

60th pick - Fred Taylor

61st pick - Hines Ward

80th pick - Bears D/ST

100th pick - Jeff Garcia

What do all of you think did I do good, bad, or just Okay. I'm biased and think my team is loaded, but I'll take any opinions with a grain of salt.

Its good for me. I would like to have that one when I draft on Monday. The only thing that I hesitate with Peterson is its his second year.

21st pick - Thomas Jones

40th pick - Steve Smith

60th pick - Fred Taylor

61st pick - Hines Ward

80th pick - Bears D/ST

100th pick - Jeff Garcia

1) I think drafting anyone other than LT with the 1st overall is a bad move

2) I think you went way to early on Derek Anderson unless there was a ridiculous run on QBs

3) You got Chicago's D/ST, so you'll enjoy the season regardless of results

Overall, I think you're fairly stacked. Thomas Jones will have a much better year with help from an improved Jets' OL, and, oh yeah, Farv. Fred Taylor and Ricky Williams are enigmas, but your WR corp will make up for it. The key is whether or not you have a flex player. If so, your team will dominate (there will be an almost guarantee of one TD per week from the three WRs). If not, you'll probably get beat early in the playoffs.

1) I think drafting anyone other than LT with the 1st overall is a bad move

2) I think you went way to early on Derek Anderson unless there was a ridiculous run on QBs3) You got Chicago's D/ST, so you'll enjoy the season regardless of results

Overall, I think you're fairly stacked. Thomas Jones will have a much better year with help from an improved Jets' OL, and, oh yeah, Farv. Fred Taylor and Ricky Williams are enigmas, but your WR corp will make up for it. The key is whether or not you have a flex player. If so, your team will dominate (there will be an almost guarantee of one TD per week from the three WRs). If not, you'll probably get beat early in the playoffs.

I took peterson for this reason. He'll be playing the afc south. With the exception of the jags, I think he's set for a good year. His offensive line is arguably better than LTs, its only his second year so he doesn't have the wear on it, and I was a little skeptical of how well LT will do without lorenzo neal paving the way. Also add in the fact that berrian should keep defenses honest for the most part.

Yeah, there was a run on them after peterson the picks went down like this:

2. tomlinson

3. brady

4. manning

5. brees

6. jackson

7. westbrook

8. johnson

9. gore

10. palmer

11. bulger

So, by the time I was up the two best options were either favre or anderson. I felt like with all andersons weapons (b edwards, d stallworth, k winslow jr, and their offensive line being a strength he was the right pick.

Yeah, there was a run on them after peterson the picks went down like this:

2. tomlinson

3. brady

4. manning

5. brees

6. jackson

7. westbrook

8. johnson

9. gore

10. palmer

11. bulger

So, by the time I was up the two best options were either favre or anderson. I felt like with all andersons weapons (b edwards, d stallworth, k winslow jr, and their offensive line being a strength he was the right pick.

Man, 5 QBs in the 1st 12 selections? Does your league give like 20 points per passing TD, LOL?

It is hard to fathom and I pray it happens in my drafts for I would love to snap up the talent at WR & RB that dropped down the board! I would just go with a few sleeper QBs later and hope one pans out.

(bear trap - on a side note I created a TalkBear Fantasy Forum at the top of the page where people have been posting the drafts they have done. You might want to check it out and see what some of your fellow TalkBears posters have been able to do in their drafts)

Looks great to me! How many owners in your league?

21st pick - Thomas Jones

40th pick - Steve Smith

60th pick - Fred Taylor

61st pick - Hines Ward

80th pick - Bears D/ST

100th pick - Jeff Garcia

Man, 5 QBs in the 1st 12 selections? Does your league give like 20 points per passing TD, LOL?

It is hard to fathom and I pray it happens in my drafts for I would love to snap up the talent at WR & RB that dropped down the board! I would just go with a few sleeper QBs later and hope one pans out.(bear trap - on a side note I created a TalkBear Fantasy Forum at the top of the page where people have been posting the drafts they have done. You might want to check it out and see what some of your fellow TalkBears posters have been able to do in their drafts)

Yeah, tell me about it. The two picks before my 20th overall was in this order: T.O. at 18 and Randy Moss at 19. I was just drooling then had a nail driven into my heart. Could you have imagined AP, and either T.O. or Randy Moss to go with my roster. Sure I wouldn't have had Derek Anderson, but likely would have been able to get Favre in the 10th rd. Oh well, I still think I'm solid.

Yeah, tell me about it. The two picks before my 20th overall was in this order: T.O. at 18 and Randy Moss at 19. I was just drooling then had a nail driven into my heart. Could you have imagined AP, and either T.O. or Randy Moss to go with my roster. Sure I wouldn't have had Derek Anderson, but likely would have been able to get Favre in the 10th rd. Oh well, I still think I'm solid.

I can't believe someone took Bulger with the 11th overall pick. Yikes. That guy will make it to the 10th round in my league.

I like your team. I would've gone with LT with the #1 pick but I can see the logic you used. And if it's a keeper league, I'd have gone AP. Nice draft.

I can't believe someone took Bulger with the 11th overall pick. Yikes. That guy will make it to the 10th round in my league.

I like your team. I would've gone with LT with the #1 pick but I can see the logic you used. And if it's a keeper league, I'd have gone AP. Nice draft.

Thanks, Oh yeah the whole bulger thing wasn't even the funniest. One of the guys, I believe in the 14th rd took benson. I was laughing so hard I damn near pissed myself. Everyone looked at me wondering what I was laughing at. I looked at the dude and said thanks Now I can pick ricky williams. Then I said benson didn't even play for the bears anymore and that he hasn't been picked up yet, nor does it look like he will. That guy was pretty ticked, he wasted his 14th rd pick on benson when people like brandon jacobs, ricky williams, and jonathon stewart were still on the board. I'm telling you all, it's like stealing candy from a baby. I am worried about one team though because he got both LT and Moss. For the most part, 8 out of the 10 owners didn't know what they were doing. I mean c'mon taking palmer then gore when moss is still there. I like gore, but he don't have a qb, and moss obviously does. I'd have taken maybe palmer and moss. That's just my thinking though. I like who I have. Oh yeah, people were taking guys like desean jackson, limas sweed, robert meachem, and other guys who may luck out to see the field on 3 wr sets when I got up I noticed Amani Toomer was still there. Sure he's older, but he's far more likely to see the field more than some of the picks that these guys were taking.

One of the guys, I believe in the 14th rd took benson. I was laughing so hard I damn near pissed myself. Everyone looked at me wondering what I was laughing at. I looked at the dude and said thanks Now I can pick ricky williams. Then I said benson didn't even play for the bears anymore and that he hasn't been picked up yet, nor does it look like he will. That guy was pretty ticked, he wasted his 14th rd pick on benson when people like brandon jacobs, ricky williams, and jonathon stewart were still on the board.

LMAO sucks to be him. That's even dumber than Angelo drafting him. In effect he basically passed on his 14th round pick.

I will say I've never played fantasy football but, I do admit one of these times I might try it out. It sounds like a blast.