Muhammed Quote

VenomSox

I hate moose, but he's right.

No WR that really wants a chance is going to line up to be in Chicago. Only loot will bring them in. Until we get a legit QB, that will be perception. Granted, I think we can keep the guys we develop if we want, but bringing in real talent will not happen if only for money. Moose proved it, and the fact that he grabbed the money is obvious. He dropped more balls than a marathon-session bingo machine...

"That's right. It's where receivers go to die."

"In the time Brett Farve has started for the Packers -- what's it been, 16 years? I bet the Bears have had 16 different starting quarterbacks. You got to find the right guy and stick with him."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writ...8/10/ufl/1.html

Funny thing, I remember Moose saying how great it was going to be playing with the Bears because of Grossman being the QB. Maybe if Moose had made a few of the numerous catches he dropped last year, he'd still be a Bear and not a bitter Panther... :blink:

Guest TerraTor
Funny thing, I remember Moose saying how great it was going to be playing with the Bears because of Grossman being the QB. Maybe if Moose had made a few of the numerous catches he dropped last year, he'd still be a Bear and not a bitter Panther... :blink:

the guy has had one good season in his career and took a monster contract from the first team that offered, so freak him, who cares. We all know grossman sucks

Are you freaking kidding me??? Bernard Berrian just signed a deal that makes him one of the highest paid WR's EVER. That makes it just a flat out ignorant comment on Moose's part. Thanks for nothing stone hands.

Tank made some crappy comments about Rex, and I seriously had to wonder, "Is that true?" But based on the Berrian deal, Moose is just retarded.

Big words coming from a guy who has proven to be just a contract year player. If I am not mistaken he has had 2 good years both of which came in the final year of his contract. Screw him.

Exactly. Doesn't seem bitter, does he????

He can go play hide and go fxck yourself.

Peace :dabears

Maybe not but Moose is old enough to know better and keep his mouth shut.

Peace :dabears

Um, are we talking about the same Moose who threw his own QB under the bus when he was still a bear? If he had no problem shredding his own player, I don't see much reason to believe he will keep his mouth shut now that he is not even w/ the team.

Moose is a class act guy. Why can't you realize that he's right about our QB history?

It's not like he's acting like a clown like Tank.

Tank, in other words, said Rex sucks. Moose, in other words, said Rex sucks.

And you, who loves getting on your knees for Rex, ripped Tank but you're agreeing with Moose?

Wow.

Muhammad is right in several ways and very wrong in many others. Chicago has never been, nor ever will be, known for its Air game. "Three yards and a cloud of dust" is what the Bears have almost always prided themselves on. Look at the majority of the notable players for the Bears that were worth anything: Payton, Sayers, Anderson, Nagurski, and Grange were all RB's and a few others: Singletary, Butkus and Nagurski (again) were LB's. The fact is that the Bears are not a finesse team. They are part of the "Black and Blue" Division and it would just be weird to see anything other than that. How are you supposed to complete a 60 yard bomb play next to Lake Michigan anyhow?

Speaking on his comment about the number of QB's since Favre started in 92 and that the Bears need to stick with one. If you look at that same article that was quoted at the top of this thread you will see all the Bears QB's that have started in that time. Further, if you look at the W/L category and percentage you will notice two of the top three QB's in that timeframe are still on the team. Orton #2 (.667) and Grossman #3 (.633). Also if you notice something else, Favre didn't have a similar winning percentage as Grossman or Orton until his 4th year (.688) in 1995. Overall, Favre's is only .632. I will be happy to stick with what we got as Muhammad has suggested especially given Grossman is only in year 5 (even though you can't count the first two) and Orton is on 4.

Sure WR's go to Chicago to die...especially if they are on the opposing team. But as far as being a part of the actual team, I think anyone who knows their football history will know that the Bears are not that way. That is the nature of the beast.

nagurski_bronko_500350_2.jpg

The great Bronko Nagurski

Great points Grizz!

However, I think you could somewhat classify Sayers as more of a finesse player...he wasn't a bruiser. Also, Willie Gallimore has crazy speed and finesse as well.

Muhammad is right in several ways and very wrong in many others. Chicago has never been, nor ever will be, known for its Air game. "Three yards and a cloud of dust" is what the Bears have almost always prided themselves on. Look at the majority of the notable players for the Bears that were worth anything: Payton, Sayers, Anderson, Nagurski, and Grange were all RB's and a few others: Singletary, Butkus and Nagurski (again) were LB's. The fact is that the Bears are not a finesse team. They are part of the "Black and Blue" Division and it would just be weird to see anything other than that. How are you supposed to complete a 60 yard bomb play next to Lake Michigan anyhow?

Speaking on his comment about the number of QB's since Favre started in 92 and that the Bears need to stick with one. If you look at that same article that was quoted at the top of this thread you will see all the Bears QB's that have started in that time. Further, if you look at the W/L category and percentage you will notice two of the top three QB's in that timeframe are still on the team. Orton #2 (.667) and Grossman #3 (.633). Also if you notice something else, Favre didn't have a similar winning percentage as Grossman or Orton until his 4th year (.688) in 1995. Overall, Favre's is only .632. I will be happy to stick with what we got as Muhammad has suggested especially given Grossman is only in year 5 (even though you can't count the first two) and Orton is on 4.

Sure WR's go to Chicago to die...especially if they are on the opposing team. But as far as being a part of the actual team, I think anyone who knows their football history will know that the Bears are not that way. That is the nature of the beast.

nagurski_bronko_500350_2.jpg

The great Bronko Nagurski

Least it's not the like late 90's / early 00's seasons

1st & 10 - Run

2nd & 9 - Pass

3rd & 18 - Run

4th & 12 - Punt

I like that we are trying to pass some more (past 2 seasons). Grossman's learning over time, and he did look more comfortable last year near the end of it than he did all of 2006 and early 2007.

Also, regarding Moose's comments, while he was on Carolina they had 2 Winning Seasons out of his 8 Seasons being with the team. One was his rookie season (25 catches...)

Panthers went as bad as 1-15 one season (no comments heard of from Muhammad)

Comes to the Bears, goes 11-5 in his first year with KYLE ORTON AS QB

Goes 13-3 with a healthy team, makes it to SUPERBOWL.

Has "Bears Worst Season" at 7-9 in 2007, with a completely injury plagued team, which was better than over half of the seasons he played with Carolina.

His comments were unnecessary for someone who the fans loved and the Bears made the #1 WR. Way to ruin a reputation for yourself in a city that considered you one of the better team players.

the guy has had one good season in his career and took a monster contract from the first team that offered, so freak him, who cares. We all know grossman sucks

Yeah um, the bolded part is what i call BS.

Receiving yards per season:

1996: 407

1997: 317

1998: 941

1999: 1253

2000: 1183

2001: 585

2002: 823

2003: 837

2004: 1405

2005: 750

2006: 863

2007: 570

Man, he's just a terrible WR.

Yeah um, the bolded part is what i call BS.

Receiving yards per season:

1996: 407

1997: 317

1998: 941

1999: 1253

2000: 1183

2001: 585

2002: 823

2003: 837

2004: 1405

2005: 750

2006: 863

2007: 570

Man, he's just a terrible WR.

Now let's look at his TDs from 1996-2007, in order.