Hanie Madden cover

BearFan2000

Had a few spare min and had some fun. Enjoy.

Madden09360Hanie.jpg

Couldn't you at least gotten a picture where he didn't look so confused? I mean I understand that he might be...for good reason but geesh. :huh:

My 2 cents on Orton being the starter.... Good for him. I think he deserves the shot. Think that the Bears should drop Grossman..as much as I hate to say it and bring in a decent backup. I do think Hanie will work out given some more playing time.

82210542.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4

Now that's more like it....

Couldn't you at least gotten a picture where he didn't look so confused? I mean I understand that he might be...for good reason but geesh. :huh:

My 2 cents on Orton being the starter.... Good for him. I think he deserves the shot. Think that the Bears should drop Grossman..as much as I hate to say it and bring in a decent backup. I do think Hanie will work out given some more playing time.

82210542.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4

Now that's more like it....

I looked for decent pictures and ended up going with the most in focus pic of Haine I could get which was one taken as he was getting ready to huddle up. Now I have a template in Photoshop so all I have to do is drop in a player's picture. So If I could find a better pic of Hanie I'd swap it out.

I agree I think Grossman is done in Chicago and as much as I like Rex, it's probably the best thing for him as an individual and for the Bears. A change of scenery could do Rex a world of good and in the right system and team he could flourish. I just don't ever see it happening here in Chicago. That bridge seems to be burnt beyond repair. the first five games of 06 were probably the best we've ever seen of Rex. But, while waiting for the season to start I was watching those games and to be honest the mistakes were there, the poor mechanics were there. He got away with it early in 06. Many were thinking Pro Bowl, and we finally have that franchise QB... But it caught up to him and those errors early materialized in turnover and the miscues became more obvious. From that point on Rex has been so focused on don't make a mistake, don't turn the ball over, don't screw up. I just think as far as his career with the Bears is concerned he's damaged goods and it's possible only a fresh start will allow him to mentally move on.

As for Orton, I'm glad he's getting his chance. as it was pointed out in another thread, Rex's been handed the job for the last 3/4 seasons without really earning it. I think it's time Orton get a chance to show if he has in fact matured and developed beyond the QB we saw in 2005. What I wonder about is how much of this "manage the game" or "don't loose the game" or "don't turn the ball over" was more highly emphasized due to the competition at the position. Now that the competition is over will the play book be opened up more, or will they play not to loose on offense and pray the defense and special teams win games for them? Looking at our offense though, the idea of a competition is fundamentally flawed. It's like putting different used tires on a car with bad suspension and break problems in the dead of winter and trying to evaluate which set of tires is best. There's just two many pieces of the puzzle missing or damaged to determine which QB is the best fit. Which is why I think the staff is focussing on primarily on who is the safest. With Rex I think the risk in their minds is too high and that scares them. In effect they're trying to recreate what the team did in 2005 when Kyle was "managing" the game, and the defense was either winning games or holding off the opposition long enough for the offense to scrounge enough points to win.

A conspiracy theorist can come to the conclusion that the pressure to start Kyle over Rex in order to avoid the talk that Rex was again handed the job was tremendous. Not wanting that type of publicity, the staff then holds a "competition" and have Kyle win said "competition" hoping that the fact that Rex didnt' win the battle would give legitimacy to their decision to start Kyle which they felt pressured to do so anyway. So in short the competition was merely a cover for handing the job to Kyle because they felt pressured to do so. I'm not one for conspiracies, but it's fun to play devils advocate sometimes. Do I think there was pressure to start Kyle and that to start Rex would likely bring criticism down on them by being accused of once again handing the job to Rex, competition or not? Yes, I do think so. Would it have been tough to say Rex won the competition even if he legitimately did outperform Kyle from the OTA's, mini-camps, training camp, practice, preseason, etc. Yes, I think it would be tough. As a fan I'm going to be rooting for Kyle to play well. I have to trust that the staff made the decision that was best for the team at this time and leave it at that.