Usain Bolt

jason

I keep reading reports and articles about this Bolt guy. I know he's the fastest man in the world, and it doesn't appear to be close. His races have been amazing, and his size is impressive.

The thing is, I keep hearing/reading stuff about this guy becoming an NFL receiver. For instance:

Bolt as a WR.

What do you guys make of the idea? Willie Gault turned out pretty good for the Bears. Imagine a guy who is not only easily faster than gault, but also bigger and stronger?

I don't think the Bears should do it considering their WR logjam, but it's an interesting idea. Nobody in the NFL could cover him one-on-one.

I keep reading reports and articles about this Bolt guy. I know he's the fastest man in the world, and it doesn't appear to be close. His races have been amazing, and his size is impressive.

The thing is, I keep hearing/reading stuff about this guy becoming an NFL receiver. For instance:

Bolt as a WR.

What do you guys make of the idea? Willie Gault turned out pretty good for the Bears. Imagine a guy who is not only easily faster than gault, but also bigger and stronger?

I don't think the Bears should do it considering their WR logjam, but it's an interesting idea. Nobody in the NFL could cover him one-on-one.

I think someone should ask the guy if he's interested in taking a pay cut to get hit for a living.

I think someone should ask the guy if he's interested in taking a pay cut to get hit for a living.

I thin there are questions surrounding how he would enter the NFL, Draft? FA?, and also if he has even completed high school. I really don't see it happening. The guy is a God in Jamaica, why would he want to take his act North?

A paycut from what?

Prize money, endorsements, and the sheer worth of all the gold he has won/will win. Plus the guy's a national freaking treasure to Jamaica, and gets anything he wants. He'll never have to work a day in his life, and though the Jamaican market and subsequent endorsements don't equal what he could get in America, it is the perks of being worshiped in your home country that makes the money add up. Seriously, guys like Bolt in countries like Jamaica don't ever have to worry about money.

If he signs with an NFL team, I very much doubt he gets a big money deal, and will have to earn his way onto a squad by putting his body on the line every day. Why go through that when there is millions to be earned doing what you are already doing better than anyone else has ever done, with exponentially less concerns for health? Dix just signed a 4 year, 6mm deal with Nike and all he came home with were two bronzes. When his contract with Puma is up, just imagine the deal he is going to get regardless of what market he lives in.

Prize money, endorsements, and the sheer worth of all the gold he has won/will win. Plus the guy's a national freaking treasure to Jamaica, and gets anything he wants. He'll never have to work a day in his life, and though the Jamaican market and subsequent endorsements don't equal what he could get in America, it is the perks of being worshiped in your home country that makes the money add up. Seriously, guys like Bolt in countries like Jamaica don't ever have to worry about money.

If he signs with an NFL team, I very much doubt he gets a big money deal, and will have to earn his way onto a squad by putting his body on the line every day. Why go through that when there is millions to be earned doing what you are already doing better than anyone else has ever done, with exponentially less concerns for health? Dix just signed a 4 year, 6mm deal with Nike and all he came home with were two bronzes. When his contract with Puma is up, just imagine the deal he is going to get regardless of what market he lives in.

Have you ever seen Cool Runnings? They didnt even buy those guys a sled.

The NFL has had a history of going after these guys who have held the title of world's fastest human.Bob Hayes had a HOF career with the Cowboys and won the gold in 64. Jimmy Hines the gold medalist in 68 had a tryout with the Dolphins but couldn't catch the ball. World class hurdler Renaldo Neamiah(Sp?) had a short undistinguished career with the 49ers.Little known to a lot of people but,Bo Jackson,Herschel Walker,Butch Woolfolk all Nfl running backs were top NCAA sprinters. Then there were guys like Johnny "Lam" Jones,Mel Latany(SP?) and most recently John Capel a Bear draft pick have had absolutley no impact in the NFL.Since the Olympics have started allowing professional athletes to compete it has been easier for sprinters and runners to declare their earnings and still compete on the world stage. As was stated their earning potential from endorsments can be very lucrative and the appearance fees that they may receive from the various sponsors of track meets mirrors some of what happens on the PGA Tour.Taking this option versus putting your body through the rigors of an NFL camp would seem more attractive.That is why this hasn't been debated too much recently.

Have you ever seen Cool Runnings? They didnt even buy those guys a sled.

That's because it was a sport most thought was a waste of time and money for them to compete in. It was something no one knew about or even cared to learn about for that matter. Track is king in Jamaica, and he may be the best ever in the sport. You don't have to believe me, do some research on how the guy is treated like a god down there. Plus the bobsledders sucked, so the comparison is quite flawed when you look at history of the events in each country as well as success in each case.

That's because it was a sport most thought was a waste of time and money for them to compete in. It was something no one knew about or even cared to learn about for that matter. Track is king in Jamaica, and he may be the best ever in the sport. You don't have to believe me, do some research on how the guy is treated like a god down there. Plus the bobsledders sucked, so the comparison is quite flawed when you look at history of the events in each country as well as success in each case.

Did you really not realize that was a joke? I thought it was so blatant it didnt need to be in green.

Most like bolt can not catch a cold let alone a football. understanding routes is another. Neiamiah was a hurdler. He did nothing for the 49ers at all, and Bolt dont seem like the sharpest tool in the shed, I doubt if he came to camp he would not recognize until to late its a football game not a soccer game.