Can we expect much tonight?

Pixote

We are going to see very little of our starters. I have been checking out games being played on NFL.com and I do not even recognize half of the players in the lineups in the 1st quarter. I think we will see, despite what Lovie has said, that we will not worry about the win as much as escaping with no significant injuries.

I also noticed that the Patriots were losing in the 2nd quarter and that they have not won a game in the preseason either. Does that mean they suck? Preseason does not mean anything and those who are worried because we lost our first 3 games are not looking at the whole picture, IMHO.

We are going to see very little of our starters. I have been checking out games being played on NFL.com and I do not even recognize half of the players in the lineups in the 1st quarter. I think we will see, despite what Lovie has said, that we will not worry about the win as much as escaping with no significant injuries.

I also noticed that the Patriots were losing in the 2nd quarter and that they have not won a game in the preseason either. Does that mean they suck? Preseason does not mean anything and those who are worried because we lost our first 3 games are not looking at the whole picture, IMHO.

Well i see a lot of defensive starters are in and are getting their ass handed to them already!

name='Pixote' date='Aug 28 2008, 06:46 PM' post='45257']

Agree that we should not see our starters long in this game. Why ever listen to what Lovie says?

First - the Patriots were 16-0 last year so they can do whatever they want in a pre-season game.

Us not seeing a punter in the last 2 games does show signs of us sucking. Why, because going back to the Superbowl season, we can't get an opposing offense off the field. Cleveland crammed a 6 minute 60 yard drive down our starters throat to start the game. Followed up with a 70 yard 5 minute TD drive. Our D vowed to show some intensity and their words came up dryer than a popcorn fart. I guess they are saving it up for Manning, who owned them last time they played, as they are veteran and we should trust Lovie and the D when they say we have a good defense. It's not about W's and L's in the pre-season, it's about working the systems out and finding who your players are.

Rant over. Here's to the regular season. I just hope the D finds some missing motivation.

Us not seeing a punter in the last 2 games does show signs of us sucking. Why, because going back to the Superbowl season, we can't get an opposing offense off the field. Cleveland crammed a 6 minute 60 yard drive down our starters throat to start the game. Followed up with a 70 yard 5 minute TD drive. Our D vowed to show some intensity and their words came up dryer than a popcorn fart. I guess they are saving it up for Manning, who owned them last time they played, as they are veteran and we should trust Lovie and the D when they say we have a good defense. It's not about W's and L's in the pre-season, it's about working the systems out and finding who your players are.

Agreed. I really could care less if we go 0-4 in the preseason. The issue is the defense does not look good out on the field. They better step it up big time and soon or it will be a long season.

Peace :dabears