Bob Babbich needs to go

bradjock

I'm going to hold getting too high after this game. I remember raving about Babich last season after the opening game against the Chargers (a game the Bears should have never lost, but a game in which the Bears D played outstanding) only to be dissapointed the whole rest of the season.

Regardless, I'm thrilled about the outcome of tonights game and I'm hoping we'll see more of this throughout the season.

Yes, he is too slow to react to manning/Moore.

Are you for real dude? The defensive game plan was good. He blitzed(which he gets ripped for NOT doing). They got pretty good pressure throughout the game and one of the TD's was on Hester's moronic butt.

The ONLY thing that can be criticized for the defense were the DB's at times were in bad position.

I thought Babbich had an excellent game plan, but far more important, the Bears defensive players executed the plan. Babbich gets far too much blame when the Bears players fail to execute his plan. When we have bad games, it is not always because of the "PLAN" but sometimes because of the players failing to execute it. With the defensive players we have - all in pretty good health right now - I expect to see them play like last night.

I thought Babbich had an excellent game plan, but far more important, the Bears defensive players executed the plan. Babbich gets far too much blame when the Bears players fail to execute his plan. When we have bad games, it is not always because of the "PLAN" but sometimes because of the players failing to execute it. With the defensive players we have - all in pretty good health right now - I expect to see them play like last night.

When Manning is feasting on short slants three plays in a row I want Babich to adjust. Just me.

The overall game plan was good but I have a hunch that was a result of Lovie's involvement more so then Babich. I could be wrong but I doubt Lovie lets babich devise a game plan against Lovie's friend and mentor.

When Manning is feasting on short slants three plays in a row I want Babich to adjust. Just me.

The overall game plan was good but I have a hunch that was a result of Lovie's involvement more so then Babich. I could be wrong but I doubt Lovie lets babich devise a game plan against Lovie's friend and mentor.

He did adjust to the slant route, his adjustment moved Peanut in position for the strip on Harrison.

I love how when its bad, its Babich's fault, when its good, its because Lovie was involved

He did adjust to the slant route, his adjustment moved Peanut in position for the strip on Harrison.

I love how when its bad, its Babich's fault, when its good, its because Lovie was involved

I know right?

And BTW Butkis short slants are the linebacker not getting into pass coverage fast enough. A couple of times they were blitzing so that is just what you give up. Blitzing is a gamble. You are taking people out of their coverage and gambling that they will get to the QB.

I know right?

And BTW Butkis short slants are the linebacker not getting into pass coverage fast enough. A couple of times they were blitzing so that is just what you give up. Blitzing is a gamble. You are taking people out of their coverage and gambling that they will get to the QB.

Exactly right, Manning was taking advantage of what the defense was offering. Because of the pressure Manning was forced to go with short slant patterns verses the vertical game he prefers. That is the way to beat the Colts (along with stopping the run, which we did an excellent job!)

1st, its ALWAYS lovies fault. He is the head coach and he is respondsible if his coaches are boneheaded. You really think Lovie wasnt the one who made the game plan against Dungy? Seemed like every march downfield by the colts with the exception of the one where Urlacher was called for roughing the Qb was a result of Manning using slants.

1st, its ALWAYS lovies fault. He is the head coach and he is respondsible if his coaches are boneheaded. You really think Lovie wasnt the one who made the game plan against Dungy? Seemed like every march downfield by the colts with the exception of the one where Urlacher was called for roughing the Qb was a result of Manning using slants.

Um yeah. Dude if you blitz, then an area is open. Thats just how it works. So if the area you are giving up in the slants you run to the football and tackels and strip the ball.

So you would rather not blitz, take away the scary slant and let Manning carve us up again with the deep ball?

Few things here:

One.

One - Makes you look silly now, doesn't it?

Two - All of you chicken littles calling for Lovie's head or Babbich's head before WEEK ONE ought to have the common sense to eat crow and STFU.

Three - JA and Lovie are joined at the hip. They'll go down together if necessary because they have a lot more class than a bunch of windsock internet fans who one week think the team is going 2-14 and then jump on the bandwagon with both feet the next.

You could get whiplash that way fellas.

One - Makes you look silly now, doesn't it?

Two - All of you chicken littles calling for Lovie's head or Babbich's head before WEEK ONE ought to have the common sense to eat crow and STFU.

Three - JA and Lovie are joined at the hip. They'll go down together if necessary because they have a lot more class than a bunch of windsock internet fans who one week think the team is going 2-14 and then jump on the bandwagon with both feet the next.

You could get whiplash that way fellas.

OK, let's put it all in perspective. It's one game and we have 15 more. All they're gonna get from me is a weekly repreive. I said before the season and I'll say it again. If this team doesn't make the playoffs, Lovie and his crew should be fired. Yesterday's win only reinforces that we have the talent to get it done but we are going up against a defense who will bring more pressure but I don't think has as many horses as Indy and an offense that definitely doesn't have Indy's horses. Now, I know Indy was injured but it looked like all day they were in max protect so we were obviously befuddling them. So, if we fall asleep next week, we are back to bitching about babich Lovie and Turner.

I will say this, so far so good. I think this team did what they and many others expected them to do. They also did what ten times as many did not expect. Those guys were just not paying attention. My expectations are the playoffs. Anything less is a failure and there is no reason for it. Period.

OK, let's put it all in perspective. It's one game and we have 15 more. All they're gonna get from me is a weekly repreive. I said before the season and I'll say it again. If this team doesn't make the playoffs, Lovie and his crew should be fired. Yesterday's win only reinforces that we have the talent to get it done but we are going up against a defense who will bring more pressure but I don't think has as many horses as Indy and an offense that definitely doesn't have Indy's horses. Now, I know Indy was injured but it looked like all day they were in max protect so we were obviously befuddling them. So, if we fall asleep next week, we are back to bitching about babich Lovie and Turner.

I will say this, so far so good. I think this team did what they and many others expected them to do. They also did what ten times as many did not expect. Those guys were just not paying attention. My expectations are the playoffs. Anything less is a failure and there is no reason for it. Period.

Again, it's classless for you to not eat crow. You don't bitch and moan all preseason about the team and then get to postpone your just due for a week after the team you BITCHED about just defeated one of the best in the league IN THEIR HOUSE. "I'll reserve judgment..." BWAAAAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA..... How great it must be to just be able to blow off all that bullshit said in the past with a simple pen stroke.

So are you saying you'll turn back into a pumpkin of the Bears don't win again next week? This is the freakin NFL; girls, not tiddly winks. More often than not, you lose to good teams on the road. PERIOD.

And I'm not saying you have to believe they're Superbowl bound at this point. Championships aren't won in week one of the season. But with that said, this was a tremendous win to start the year and you can DAMN WELL bet that if the Bears didn't win, you and a bunch of others, not naming names, would be posting thread after thread about how bad we suck and how we need to kill Lovie and JA. It's friggen pathetic.

Again, it's classless for you to not eat crow. You don't bitch and moan all preseason about the team and then get to postpone your just due for a week after the team you BITCHED about just defeated one of the best in the league IN THEIR HOUSE. "I'll reserve judgment..." BWAAAAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA..... How great it must be to just be able to blow off all that bullshit said in the past with a simple pen stroke.

So are you saying you'll turn back into a pumpkin of the Bears don't win again next week? This is the freakin NFL; girls, not tiddly winks. More often than not, you lose to good teams on the road. PERIOD.

And I'm not saying you have to believe they're Superbowl bound at this point. Championships aren't won in week one of the season. But with that said, this was a tremendous win to start the year and you can DAMN WELL bet that if the Bears didn't win, you and a bunch of others, not naming names, would be posting thread after thread about how bad we suck and how we need to kill Lovie and JA. It's friggen pathetic.

Jesus, Mary and Joseph dude, check yourself. I said I expected the playoffs this year and would accept NO FUCKIN EXCUSES. What does that tell you about what i think of the talent level? Just because I'm not crowning them champs I should apologize or eat crow? Get your head outta your ass and wake up. Get over yourself. I, No we, don't need lessons from you on how to be a proper fan.

Does Babbich still need to go, Brad?

Hell no!!! I'm happy as hell to be eating crow today. Watching our linebackers move all over the place reminded me of our defense in the 80's. Outstanding game planning!!!

I just hope he doesn't need 6 months to prepare for a team and that this will continue. But for right now I'm thrilled with the guy.

Hell no!!! I'm happy as hell to be eating crow today. Watching our linebackers move all over the place reminded me of our defense in the 80's. Outstanding game planning!!!

I just hope he doesn't need 6 months to prepare for a team and that this will continue. But for right now I'm thrilled with the guy.

Good man. BTW I hate the term "eat crow". You dont need to eat crow, just the fact that you saw the game plan was good and are celebrating a great win is good enough for me.

And BigDaddy.....we have seen the scheme is good. If they fall asleep next week, its on the players.

Good man. BTW I hate the term "eat crow". You dont need to eat crow, just the fact that you saw the game plan was good and are celebrating a great win is good enough for me.

And BigDaddy.....we have seen the scheme is good. If they fall asleep next week, its on the players.

The scheme is only good if it is adjusted to the team we're playing. Like it was last night. If they don't scheme for Carolina, it's on the coaches. thats the difference between this team and what we did last year and before. We MUST scheme and tweak the coverage for each team we play. The Tampa 2 has been figured out. it's still a good coverage but it must be tweaked. Again, THAT falls to the coaches.