Can we please catch a break????

Connorbear

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/cs-08...0,7132303.story

Just what we needed to hear - not!!!!

Peace :dabears

First game of the year......Harris will be dressed and playing. But we have Toeina, Harrison to give him and the knee rest This is why we kept 6 DT Harris, Adams, Dusty,Toenia,Harrison,& Idonije

This is exactly why I was hesitant to give so much money. The guy is injured quite a bit. Great player when he is not, but he is injured too much to be the highest paid DT in the league.

Who reallt know what's going on...can this be a smoke screen? I hope so With the Colts starting three new players at center and both the guard spots this will be a good advantage for us to have Harris in the line up.

This was the big reason I was hesitant to give him a fat extension. Over the past two seasons he has done nothing but battle knee problems. We haven't seen Tommie Harris at 100% in a long time and I wonder if we ever will. Sure he's a good tackle when playing banged up, but he's elite when healthy and the Bears paid him like an elite tackle. I love Harris personality and leadership so I hope this really isn't an issue and that he truly will be 100% for most of this season.

Prior to tearing up his knee during the Super Bowl season. Essentially the second Harris got hurt, the Bears defense started going downhill.

It is the damn Cover-2 (lay off and let the QB pick you apart) system. Without a healthy Harris to get the big push and pressure on the QB this soft system isn't gonna work.

Well you have to realize the scheme helped get Lovie to this point. If I were him I woudln't go away from it either. Obviously you should make tweaks to your system based upon your personell but you can't just magically turn into a 3-4 coach. I mean, should Phil Jackson just go away from the triangle offense?

You've gotta know when to hold 'em, when to fold 'em...

I think a 4-3 D can be played without it being cover 2. The drastic switch to 3-4 isn't needed.

I really don't think the Lakers are running the same triangle the Bulls did. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm not sure the analogy is really that strong.

You go to the well until it runs dry...it appears dry for us right now.

Well you have to realize the scheme helped get Lovie to this point. If I were him I woudln't go away from it either. Obviously you should make tweaks to your system based upon your personell but you can't just magically turn into a 3-4 coach. I mean, should Phil Jackson just go away from the triangle offense?

Sure, it's what got Lovie to this point. But you also have to know when to"tweak" a system that most QBs are picking apart. How about some blitzes? How about gettting up on the receivers at the LOS? It is frustrating to see Tillman and Vasher line up 5-10 yrds off the WR and then he catches a quick pass.Where is the agressiveness on D? This seems to be a "we'll let you have a FG but more than that, we'll challenge you in the red zone."

And no, I'm not saying go to a 3-4 scheme. Just adjust to situations and take it to the O, don't just react--dictate.

Buddy Ryan must be LHAO.

You've gotta know when to hold 'em, when to fold 'em...

I think a 4-3 D can be played without it being cover 2. The drastic switch to 3-4 isn't needed.

I really don't think the Lakers are running the same triangle the Bulls did. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm not sure the analogy is really that strong.

You go to the well until it runs dry...it appears dry for us right now.

Lets even look at a guy like Parcells. He takes over a franchise, whats he do, he gets rid of guys that don't fit his system and does what he needs to to get the personell that does fit. The reality is in the NFL, more so than any other sport, you need to make sure you and the GM/Player Personsell peeps are on the same page so you are getting talent that fits what you do.

Coaches in the NFL can make certain adjustments based on unique personell (ie, a good OC will adjust to put in more wrinkles to an offense if there is a player like Bush/Hester (ie, explosive) or say a Kordell (who could throw/receive). However, they won't completely build there offense/defense around that new wrinkle.

The reality is a coach in the NFL is much like a pitcher. They will use what they got. In a coaches mind, that would be the particular system (for Lovie its cover two, for some college coaches, your talking spread offense). A pitcher, they got to where they were because of say a 100MPH fastball or a knee buckling curve. You aren't going to all of a sudden ask that pitcher to try to get guys out in a key situation with that changeup. Just like a coach isn't going to magically change to the West Coast, something that he clearly doesn't have the knowledge to operate effectively.

If the Bears don't believe in the Cover 2, its there job to fire the coach since he believes in the Cover 2. Lovie shouldn't have to adjust or get rid of the scheme. Now should they add wrinkles to the scheme, absolutely, and thats why Rivera was a good fit (he brought unique ideas to Lovie's staple). Babich is just shit.

Parcells is a guy who the exception. He is a brilliant football guy that can do that. Most other don't have his vision and skills.

I do like your pitcher analysis. But if you've got a pitcher that everyone's figured out his pitch, how useful is he?

I am in complete agreement with you on Babich v Rivera... And I somehow think if Rivera were left to his own, the D would have even been better.

Lets even look at a guy like Parcells. He takes over a franchise, whats he do, he gets rid of guys that don't fit his system and does what he needs to to get the personell that does fit. The reality is in the NFL, more so than any other sport, you need to make sure you and the GM/Player Personsell peeps are on the same page so you are getting talent that fits what you do.

Coaches in the NFL can make certain adjustments based on unique personell (ie, a good OC will adjust to put in more wrinkles to an offense if there is a player like Bush/Hester (ie, explosive) or say a Kordell (who could throw/receive). However, they won't completely build there offense/defense around that new wrinkle.

The reality is a coach in the NFL is much like a pitcher. They will use what they got. In a coaches mind, that would be the particular system (for Lovie its cover two, for some college coaches, your talking spread offense). A pitcher, they got to where they were because of say a 100MPH fastball or a knee buckling curve. You aren't going to all of a sudden ask that pitcher to try to get guys out in a key situation with that changeup. Just like a coach isn't going to magically change to the West Coast, something that he clearly doesn't have the knowledge to operate effectively.

If the Bears don't believe in the Cover 2, its there job to fire the coach since he believes in the Cover 2. Lovie shouldn't have to adjust or get rid of the scheme. Now should they add wrinkles to the scheme, absolutely, and thats why Rivera was a good fit (he brought unique ideas to Lovie's staple). Babich is just shit.

How I long for an agressive D!

Bend don't break doesn't work all that well. You find it breaks often enough regardless. I'd rather go all out and get burned than sit back and watch them pick us apart. But I say that now! ;)

Sure, it's what got Lovie to this point. But you also have to know when to"tweak" a system that most QBs are picking apart. How about some blitzes? How about gettting up on the receivers at the LOS? It is frustrating to see Tillman and Vasher line up 5-10 yrds off the WR and then he catches a quick pass.Where is the agressiveness on D? This seems to be a "we'll let you have a FG but more than that, we'll challenge you in the red zone."

And no, I'm not saying go to a 3-4 scheme. Just adjust to situations and take it to the O, don't just react--dictate.

Buddy Ryan must be LHAO.

Now should they add wrinkles to the scheme, absolutely, and thats why Rivera was a good fit (he brought unique ideas to Lovie's staple). Babich is just shit.

Agree DBDB, and I hope we are all wrong here about Babich, but the proof is in the pudding, and Babich's pudding really sux to this point.