Chad Jackson - WR - released by Patriots

ParkerBear7

What happened to him. I loved him coming out of college. In fact, an ACL injury and hamstring injury were basically what kept him out. This guy is a very good athlete and showed signs of being very healthy in his final two preseason games. I'd take him over Booker and most of our WR corps. Plus he proved that he could stay healthy in college and high school, which you can't necessarily say about Bradley.

What happened to him. I loved him coming out of college. In fact, an ACL injury and hamstring injury were basically what kept him out. This guy is a very good athlete and showed signs of being very healthy in his final two preseason games. I'd take him over Booker and most of our WR corps. Plus he proved that he could stay healthy in college and high school, which you can't necessarily say about Bradley.

he was drafted in the 2nd rd out of florida...the Pats even traded up to get him. He has had a knee problem last year and something wrong with his stomach muscle in college and his first year as a pro. He struggled to grasp the play book his entire time with the Pats and did not finish or run his routes very well. He had this knock on him coming out of college too. I say pass. If you cannot become a good WR with the Pats and Brady then i dont think he can come in here and help us.

I would cut Guard Terrence Metcalf -- he has been on the team 6 years and has not done Squat. I would take my chances and carry an extra reciever -- worst case they would have to call up a G/T from the practice squad.

Jackson was injured most of the time in NE and could benefit from a new start but it probably will be somewhere like the Bengals who have a lot of injuries at WR. The Bears playbook should be easier for him to learn, wr bubble screen, short out and then run deep. He can't be any worse than Hester at learning the playbook and has some nice upside if healthy.

ParkerBear7' date='Sep 3 2008, 10:53 PM' post='45849']

I would cut Guard Terrence Metcalf -- he has been on the team 6 years and has not done Squat. I would take my chances and carry an extra reciever -- worst case they would have to call up a G/T from the practice squad.

Disagree twice. First - Metcalf was penciled in as starter in a position of very little depth. Until it is known he is beat out of a position, he is a lock. Second - We are already carrying an extra reciever. No way do we add a seventh.

Jackson was injured most of the time in NE and could benefit from a new start but it probably will be somewhere like the Bengals who have a lot of injuries at WR. The Bears playbook should be easier for him to learn, wr bubble screen, short out and then run deep. He can't be any worse than Hester at learning the playbook and has some nice upside if healthy.

Disagree again twice. Once - on him benefitting from a new start. He had one of the most accurrate passers with one of the best OL's in the league to help him succeed. Add Randy Moss continually drawing double teams with Welker working underneath and this kid sucked bad enough to get cut out of his rookie deal?? Twice on him picking up the playbook anytime soon, as Hester has a good year and a half headstart.

Disagree twice. First - Metcalf was penciled in as starter in a position of very little depth. Until it is known he is beat out of a position, he is a lock. Second - We are already carrying an extra reciever. No way do we add a seventh.

Disagree again twice. Once - on him benefitting from a new start. He had one of the most accurrate passers with one of the best OL's in the league to help him succeed. Add Randy Moss continually drawing double teams with Welker working underneath and this kid sucked bad enough to get cut out of his rookie deal?? Twice on him picking up the playbook anytime soon, as Hester has a good year and a half headstart.

Sorry, but I was being sarcastic when refering to the Bears vanillia play book and Hester. Should have been more direct on that point. But it definatley can not be as complex as other teams who are more creative.

Chad tore his ACL in the 2006 AFC Championship game, and was still slowed by it in '07 which made him a non factor but he at did put up decent numbers as a rookie.

I don't think the Bears can afford not to at least explore every possible option to improve this team offensively. They should bring him in for a tryout/workout especially when they have neglected the offense side of the ball and have a great deal of improvement to get to a respectful unit when compared to the rest of the league.

I am not sold on Metcalf and he is only a lock for the IR! If the Bears were so confident with Metcalf than why did they just trade for a LG and not sign a FA Tackle? I am not disputing the need for more depth on OLine just don't feel Metcalf has proved that he can be relied upon. I would rather have the rookie Barton backup at T and Guard. And that is why I selected Metcalf as a candidate to be the possible one to go.

I do have some optomism that our current Offensive unit should be better than last year but will that be good enough to be satisfied with or should we continue to try and improve this area every chance we can?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=9622

Chad Jackson

Receiving Stats

YEAR TEAM G REC YDS AVG LNG TD FD FUM LOST

2006 NWE 12 13 152 11.7 35 3 6 0 0

Career 12 13 152 11.7 35 3 6 0 0

Return Stats

YEAR TEAM G PR YDS TD FC LNG KR YDS TD FC LNG

2006 NWE 12 3 76 0 0 39 1 21 0 0 21

2007 NWE 2 2 7 0 0 6 5 85 0 0 39

Career 14 5 83 0 0 39 6 106 0 0 39

Rushing Stats