2. Cullen Harper, QB, Clemson

3. Larry English, DE, Northern Illinois

3. Derek Pegues, S, Mississippi State

3. (COMP FOR BERRIAN) Max Unger, OT/C, Oregon

4. BJ Raji, DT, Boston College

5. Derrick Williams, WR, Penn State

6. Steve Rehring, OG, Ohio State

7. Worrell Williams, LB, California

I'm only luke-warm on this one. I like the first two picks, but I don't like the English pick. With three good DEs, that is not a need-position right now for the Bears when compared to other positions.

I'm only luke-warm on this one. I like the first two picks, but I don't like the English pick. With three good DEs, that is not a need-position right now for the Bears when compared to other positions.

My only concern- Ogunleye is getting up there in age, and Mark Anderson hasn't been much of anything since 2006.

My AFTER WEEK 3 mock:

Trade our top 8 pick for a team's 2nd, 3rd, and 3rd next year.

Then we trade that 2nd round pick we got and that 3rd next year to Jacksonville for their 21st pick to move up 23 spots.

1. Mark Sanchez, QB, USC (I see no weaknesses in him...yet)

2. Patrick Chung, S, Oregon (just a stud safety- I think JA reaches on him here)

3. Xavier Fulton, OT, Illinois (I think we'll move him from OT to OG)

3. Larry English, DE, Northern Illinois (the MAC DPOY last year [i believe] and IMO we need a young DE)

4. James Meredith, OT, Mississippi (solid OT to go with CW as Tait is aging and St. Clair just isn't very good)

4. COMP FOR BERRIAN- Louis Murphy, WR, Florida (tall WR, reminds me of Berrian- very fast)

5. Cody Brown, LB, Connecticut (stocky LB, and for that I think he falls- takes over after Briggs is done, until then is a ST player)

Works for me...

But I'd like a LB a bit earlier than last... We need a replacement for Hunter and depth for Url...

My AFTER WEEK 3 mock:

Trade our top 8 pick for a team's 2nd, 3rd, and 3rd next year.

Then we trade that 2nd round pick we got and that 3rd next year to Jacksonville for their 21st pick to move up 23 spots.

1. Mark Sanchez, QB, USC (I see no weaknesses in him...yet)

2. Patrick Chung, S, Oregon (just a stud safety- I think JA reaches on him here)

3. Xavier Fulton, OT, Illinois (I think we'll move him from OT to OG)

3. Larry English, DE, Northern Illinois (the MAC DPOY last year [i believe] and IMO we need a young DE)

4. James Meredith, OT, Mississippi (solid OT to go with CW as Tait is aging and St. Clair just isn't very good)

4. COMP FOR BERRIAN- Louis Murphy, WR, Florida (tall WR, reminds me of Berrian- very fast)

5. Cody Brown, LB, Connecticut (stocky LB, and for that I think he falls- takes over after Briggs is done, until then is a ST player)

WHY NOT

by the time the rookie QB is ready to play, i think we will be on the down side of our "run". We have a pretty good team now, but we will need to rebuild at a certain point. just my opinion. Dont know which vet, but that is the way we should go. Draft should be for OL, WR, SS/FS

Post Week 4 mock

1. (16) Duke Robinson, OG, Oklahoma

2. Patrick Chung, S, Oregon

TRADE 3RD AND 4TH TO MIAMI FOR JOHN BECK

4. (COMP FOR BERRIAN) Larry English, DE, Northern Illinois

5. Xavier Fulton, OT, Illinois

TRADE 3RD AND 4TH TO MIAMI FOR JOHN BECK??? That's ridiculous. There are all-star players who have gone for much less. You may as well throw in a hand job from Lovie if you're going to offer Miami so much.

Trade our 1st round pick NEXT YEAR for a 2nd and 3rd this year, and a 5th next year.

1. Duke Robinson, OG, Oklahoma

2. Maurice Evans, DE, Penn State

2. Kenny Britt, WR, Rutgers

3. Fenuki Tupou, OT, Oregon

3. Derek Pegues, S, Mississippi State

4. Morgan Trent, CB, Michigan

4. (C4B)- Tyrone McKenzie, LB, South Florida

• 2 weeks later...

Are there really this many solid prospects at safety this year?

Derek Pegues, S, Mississippi State

Patrick Chung, S, Oregon

and

Taylor Mays

It would certainly be a break for da Bears.

IMO, da Bears should draft a safety to replace Paine so Paine can replace Brown and Brown can replace Babbles at DC.

That move plus a D-Lineman who can find the QB would vastly improve the overall defense.

Lastly, for the record, I agree about selecting Larry English, DE, Northern Illinois :wub: because he can make plays when he is the focus of opposing offenses.

Trade our 1st round pick NEXT YEAR for a 2nd and 3rd this year, and a 5th next year.

1. Duke Robinson, OG, Oklahoma I like it

2. Maurice Evans, DE, Penn State I don't like it - it's not the DEs, it's the DC

2. Kenny Britt, WR, Rutgers I don't know much about him, but I don't really think it's necessary

3. Fenuki Tupou, OT, Oregon I am all about some dude with that many vowels in his last name playing on the OL

3. Derek Pegues, S, Mississippi State Decent pick

4. Morgan Trent, CB, Michigan Solid depth

4. (C4B)- Tyrone McKenzie, LB, South Florida Depth

Jason, believe me, DE's are a big problem. Brown has been a stud this year, but Mark Anderson has been tossed around like a rag doll and Ogunleye has quite simply vanished. We need a replacement for Anderson and potential replacement for Ogunleye (only 1 more year left on his contract).

I would love to get Brian Orakpo out of Texas, but he's going top 5-10. The guy is a stud and a freaking animal.