Eagles @ Bears 9-28

Ed Hochuli 3:16

This offensive strategy is essentially the offensive version of the cover-2 defense. It's not special, it's not explosive, it's a hold-on tight and hope the other guy doesn't beat you. At it's core it's playing not to lose. It is spineless.

The reason the Bears have this lead is that they didn't play this way in the first half. So much for going with what seems to be working. It's clear to me, and anyone with a brain, that the Eagles are daring the Bears to pass, and stacking up against the run. It's time for some slants, deep-ins, and a few go-routes.

Exactly. When they get a lead they go into play not to lose mode and it kills them. Its basically using the blue print of a prevent defense as your entire strategy.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Eagles deserve to win this game. The Chicago Bears real identity is, that they are struggling to be average, thats it.

I disagree. I actually think this Bears team has a ton of talent, and they're just good coaching away from getting over the hump. While I'd like a few different players, for the most part the team has enough players to do well.

As was said pre game, the Bears could easily be 3-0. Hell, they should be 3-0. And they should be winning this game by more than they are right now.

I disagree. I actually think this Bears team has a ton of talent, and they're just good coaching away from getting over the hump. While I'd like a few different players, for the most part the team has enough players to do well.

As was said pre game, the Bears could easily be 3-0. Hell, they should be 3-0. And they should be winning this game by more than they are right now.

True, but good teams finish these games. The fact is, the Bears aren't 3-0 and that means something is wrong, my guess is coaching just like yours. Bad coaching means your probably going to be an average at best team which is what we are at this moment.

Like making his team block, hold onto the ball, and get rid of the ball when under pressure?

No smart guy....like throwing slants to stop the blitz...stopping the play call of running up the middle into a ton of blitzers...like throwing deep again to make the Eagles defense open up some.

It's not all on Zombie Lovie, as the players have made mistakes, but he sure doesn't help them by allowing the same problems and deficiencies to happen game after game after game.

I say hire Henry Burris for HC.

I pretty much agree with your entire philosophy of the Bears. Id like some different faces on offense, but theres the talent to easily win the division if the coaches knew what they were doing.