Roy Williams

Wesson44

1. I kind of doubt it. It's been going on for too many years to take too seriously. The fact that this team hasn't won 2 games in a row should be motivation enough.

2. MOST DEFINITELY! What WR isn't some kind of freak? THis guy can catch... He is a top notch talent I think.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,4230287.story

I have two questions for this board. 1. Do you think what Williams has said will fire up the team as a whole on Sunday and 2. Should we go after Williams in FA if the Lions don't pay to keep him?

If the price was reasonable but I think he'll be asking for Berrian money and I don't feel he's worth it. He takes plays off and hasn't had a good history of running good routes. When it comes to big contracts a player must be capable of consistent performance week after week. When FA begins I wouldn't get into a bidding war with him and I'd definitely explore the other options we have.

With the work Angelo has done over the past 2 years, the Bears should I think be in a position where they have a fair amount of cap room to use next offseason, and no major guys who are obvious franchise tag candidates.

The problem though remains the QB position. Despite some non-terrible games, thus far Kyle Orton hasn't shown me what I want to see from him to declare him the Bears #1 QB for the next 5 years.

That means that if Orton doesn't show continual improvement over the course of this season, either it's time for the Bears to use some cap room to try to fill their QB spot (potentially through a trade) or it's time to draft another, especially after Grossman departs and they're left with Hanie as their lone backup.

Depending on where they're drafting, how they feel about Hanie...etc...it makes no sense to blow a lot of cap space on a high priced WR when your QB can't get the ball to them. With Decent QB play an expensive WR can make a difference. But you can't expect to fix your QB spot by hiring high priced WR's.

Looks like we're going to go ahead and scratch this idea. He acted like a baby the entire game versus the Bears, had drops, threw fits, and isn't nearly as talented as someone like TO or Randy Moss (who barely make it tolerable).

Roy Williams - pass

The problem though remains the QB position. Despite some non-terrible games, thus far Kyle Orton hasn't shown me what I want to see from him to declare him the Bears #1 QB for the next 5 years.

That means that if Orton doesn't show continual improvement over the course of this season, either it's time for the Bears to use some cap room to try to fill their QB spot (potentially through a trade) or it's time to draft another, especially after Grossman departs and they're left with Hanie as their lone backup.

Loks like th QB situation Mute now as well.

in Williams' defense, if he's actually on a really good team, maybe he's a different kind of individual. We've never seen him in a great situation.

So, if we're good while he's on the roster, all is solved. Just a theory.

All that said, this is hilarious:

His frustration was evident to everyone watching Sunday. He threw his gloves up in the air after one incompletion, motioned how high one of Orlovsky's passes were on another and tried to kick one pass that landed at his feet.

Williams noted he has not worked much with Orlovsky during practice and said he thinks Kitna should remain the starter.

"It's just frustrating to me to be an 0-4 team with all this talent that we have on this football team," Williams said. "I believe that the defense came out to play in his game. We didn't help them on the offensive side of the ball. If we would have helped them early, this game would have went a lot different. It didn't and it got out of hand and the rest is history."

Some 30 minutes after the game ended, Williams was still sitting in his locker, staring at his phone and picking at his socks. It's well-known he is in the final year of his contract, but Williams took exception to suggestions that his on-field flamboyance Sunday indicated he wants to leave.

"If I didn't want to be here -- let me clarify this for everybody -- I wouldn't go in [the game]," Williams said. "Fine me. I've got the money to sit down on the sideline. So if I didn't want to be here, I wouldn't play. When the ball is thrown my way, I'm trying to go to the end zone."

That didn't work out too well Sunday -- for Williams or the Lions.

Either way he is still a tool, no thanks

See, Tommie Harris has generally been on winning teams. If he was part of a terminally horrible franchise, he might be seen as a tool as well.

Not trying to single him out, but just offering different perspective. Something happens to guys when they never win. Also i'll add that Williams is a choir boy compared to other guys in this league.

I'll add that he always drops passes when we play the Lions, and at least once a game he always runs a wrong route (or at least he appears to run the wrong route based on where the ball is thrown). Bitchin' and moaning when you lose I can understand. I cannot accept contributing to the loss with your own poor play and then blaming others.