Corey Graham

akshaz

Well, this guy has shown that he can tackle. However, he is FAAAR from replacing Vasher in the lineup. The dude has no ball skills and cannot make the simplest of interceptions. Ryan made several looping throws that should have been easily picked off if the CB made a better adjustment to the ball. It was very frustrating to watch.

We need our boys back. As much as we've been hearing from Lovie about our backup CBs, these dudes didn't impress at all.

In defense of Graham, Vasher was no Vasher when he had as little starting experience as Graham.

While I am not saying Graham played well, I think there are plenty of veterans, who I have far greater expectations for, who did little to step up.

In simply looking at CBs, I thought Tillman was picked on more than Graham. Tillman looked pretty bad.

In the secondary in general, how bad as it become for Brown? Speed was never his greatest asset, but due to intelligence, he was quick to get to the play. I don't know if he is simply that much slower or what, but he always appears a couple steps late. And didn't he too have a potential pick fall off his fingertips. Yea, it wasn't an easy catch, but I question calling out Graham when Mike Brown was doing little better.

Getting away from the secondary, how about that DL. Sure, they stuffed the run, but are they expected to be so one dimensional? Zero sacks. ZERO!

And how about our all-pro LBs. What the hell did they do? W/ so man slants, I would have expected more from our LBs.

So you want to criticize the play of Graham, fine, but I personally will hold off on ripping a young backup CB when our pro bowl starting veterans looked like crap.

Well, this guy has shown that he can tackle. However, he is FAAAR from replacing Vasher in the lineup. The dude has no ball skills and cannot make the simplest of interceptions. Ryan made several looping throws that should have been easily picked off if the CB made a better adjustment to the ball. It was very frustrating to watch.

We need our boys back. As much as we've been hearing from Lovie about our backup CBs, these dudes didn't impress at all.

In defense of Graham, Vasher was no Vasher when he had as little starting experience as Graham.

While I am not saying Graham played well, I think there are plenty of veterans, who I have far greater expectations for, who did little to step up.

In simply looking at CBs, I thought Tillman was picked on more than Graham. Tillman looked pretty bad.

In the secondary in general, how bad as it become for Brown? Speed was never his greatest asset, but due to intelligence, he was quick to get to the play. I don't know if he is simply that much slower or what, but he always appears a couple steps late. And didn't he too have a potential pick fall off his fingertips. Yea, it wasn't an easy catch, but I question calling out Graham when Mike Brown was doing little better.

Getting away from the secondary, how about that DL. Sure, they stuffed the run, but are they expected to be so one dimensional? Zero sacks. ZERO!

And how about our all-pro LBs. What the hell did they do? W/ so man slants, I would have expected more from our LBs.

So you want to criticize the play of Graham, fine, but I personally will hold off on ripping a young backup CB when our pro bowl starting veterans looked like crap.

Amen

You hit on everything the only way this defense works is if we get pressure on the QB this is the second zero sack game this year. Ogun is not producing and i feel we say that every year. The only good thing that came out of this i can see is I feel that a fire is going to start in them, this is a team that knows it can be 6-0 right now the offense for the first time in years is not the problem. I feel sorry for Minnesota cuz a loss like that does not leave a good taste in your mouth especially when your biggest problem is finishing games I expect them to come out hungry real hungry.

I don't know what you're looking at but Corey Graham looked pretty damn good yesterday and the game before. I said this earlier, he has a little Charles Tillman in him the way he plays. He's a great tackler, lead the team in tackles against Atlanta and he forced a fumble. I'd say if Peanut is out like he probably will be next week Graham can step in and stabilize that spot. He and Vasher are two different type of players but don't sit here and tell me Nate has had a good year so far because that would be wrong, he's been pretty awful actually. Giving up big play after big play.. I'm more worried about Peanut than I am Vasher although I'd rather have him in there than Hamilton.

Nfo, I think that you're missing my point. I'm not excusing the lack of sacks by our DL and am definitely not giving the rest of our secondary a pass. It's that I've heard all season about how good Corey Graham was and how much we needed to find a way to get him some playing time. Again, I think that he performed very well against the run. But, he did equally as poor against the pass.

I'm just saying that there were a few passes that I just KNEW were going to be intercepted and Graham didn't play the ball well at all and the passes ended up completed.

I think that Dusty and Alex Brown have been our best DL all year and both had solid games yesterday. Did Wale suit up?? What happened to Izzy? We have to find a way to get more pressure. We're simply not getting it from our front four. We have to start blitzing/stunting or doing something different. I'm tired of running our LBs up to the LOS and never sending them. If you have to blitz to get pressure, then freakin' blitz!!! We cannot let QBs sit back and pick us apart. It has cost us a couple of games already this season.

In defense of Mike Brown, that last pass was not his fault. It was ANOTHER one of our young CBs who made a mistake in coverage. However, I was pretty pissed that he didn't make that INT.

Toub's unit has been playing well this season so I'll give him a pass on the squibb kick even though I hated the call and it contributed to us losing the game. But, I will not give the same benefit of the doubt to Babich for that soft cover two defense at the end of the game. I'm tired of his "playing not to lose" bull$**t.

But, all of this conservative stuff points to Lovie. Freakin go for their throats and close out the game. Just because we have a lead, we don't need to go in to this failed "protect the lead" nonsense that we've seen much too often.

Hey, we have few arguments. My point was simply that, w/ so many upper tier veterans on defense, I can not call out a backup CB, especially when I watched the opponent pick on our #1 CB even more often, and w/ plenty of success.

You can say Graham didn't play well, and that is fine, but on the list of players I am ready to call out, he doesn't even rank as top 10.

Nfo, I think that you're missing my point. I'm not excusing the lack of sacks by our DL and am definitely not giving the rest of our secondary a pass. It's that I've heard all season about how good Corey Graham was and how much we needed to find a way to get him some playing time. Again, I think that he performed very well against the run. But, he did equally as poor against the pass.

I'm just saying that there were a few passes that I just KNEW were going to be intercepted and Graham didn't play the ball well at all and the passes ended up completed.

I think that Dusty and Alex Brown have been our best DL all year and both had solid games yesterday. Did Wale suit up?? What happened to Izzy? We have to find a way to get more pressure. We're simply not getting it from our front four. We have to start blitzing/stunting or doing something different. I'm tired of running our LBs up to the LOS and never sending them. If you have to blitz to get pressure, then freakin' blitz!!! We cannot let QBs sit back and pick us apart. It has cost us a couple of games already this season.

In defense of Mike Brown, that last pass was not his fault. It was ANOTHER one of our young CBs who made a mistake in coverage. However, I was pretty pissed that he didn't make that INT.

Toub's unit has been playing well this season so I'll give him a pass on the squibb kick even though I hated the call and it contributed to us losing the game. But, I will not give the same benefit of the doubt to Babich for that soft cover two defense at the end of the game. I'm tired of his "playing not to lose" bull$**t.

But, all of this conservative stuff points to Lovie. Freakin go for their throats and close out the game. Just because we have a lead, we don't need to go in to this failed "protect the lead" nonsense that we've seen much too often.

I don't know what you're looking at but Corey Graham looked pretty damn good yesterday and the game before. I said this earlier, he has a little Charles Tillman in him the way he plays. He's a great tackler, lead the team in tackles against Atlanta and he forced a fumble. I'd say if Peanut is out like he probably will be next week Graham can step in and stabilize that spot. He and Vasher are two different type of players but don't sit here and tell me Nate has had a good year so far because that would be wrong, he's been pretty awful actually. Giving up big play after big play.. I'm more worried about Peanut than I am Vasher although I'd rather have him in there than Hamilton.

Dude, I was at the game. I know what I'm looking at. Again, I'm not talking about his run support. He's good there. But, as a CB, his main responsibility is pass defense. I think that he looked lost yesterday, same with Hamilton. Hamilton comes in and immediately gives up a big reception.

We'll never know. But, I believe that Vash would have came up with a least one of those balls that were completed for big gains. I don't know how many third and longs we let them convert via the pass. But, it was far too many.

Dude, I was at the game. I know what I'm looking at. Again, I'm not talking about his run support. He's good there. But, as a CB, his main responsibility is pass defense. I think that he looked lost yesterday, same with Hamilton. Hamilton comes in and immediately gives up a big reception.

We'll never know. But, I believe that Vash would have came up with a least one of those balls that were completed for big gains. I don't know how many third and longs we let them convert via the pass. But, it was far too many.

haha my bad, didn't know you were actually at the game. I guess you'd see some things that people watching on tv wouldn't, I'll take your word for it then. But I like what Graham has done in these last two games overall.

haha my bad, didn't know you were actually at the game. I guess you'd see some things that people watching on tv wouldn't, I'll take your word for it then. But I like what Graham has done in these last two games overall.

I'm not sure you could tell on television. But, it seemed as if Ryan's long balls hung up in the air forever.

I'm not sure you could tell on television. But, it seemed as if Ryan's long balls hung up in the air forever.

Yeah that 3rd and 26 was brutal. I think it was from their own 12 yard line or something and he threw it to that Douglas guy for a first. That was a major back breaker. He did seem to float one over Tillman down the sideline earlier in the game that was another key 3rd down situation. We were terrible on 3rd down and part of that was from our stupid cover 2 and how they could go down the field all day on slant patterns.

Good call out on the LB's!

Is it the scheme or the man? Because I can't see Urlacher doing anything in the past few games...

Isn't the reason for having Mike Brown on the field because he's so good at helping line up the other players so they know their assignments? If he's not helping the rookie CB on the next to last play of a game and then being that late in getting over to help out? Was he that surprised the Falcons tried to run a deep out pattern?

Dude, Vash has been terrible this year and has been getting picked on tons.

I think its also pretty telling that we had Graham out there and they continued to pick on Tillman until he got hurt.

Two things.

One, Roddy White very likely was their #1 read, but he was also wide open. If Tillman is covering White, then the rookie looks at the #2 read. So while I understand what you are saying, it isn't like they were forcing it to their top WR, and thus I would still say they were picking on Tillman.

Two, Atlanta was moving around their WRs, and White didn't lineup opposite Tillman all game. If you take a look at the gamebook, I think you will find numerous snaps where Tillman was covering a different WR.

they didn't pick on Tillman per say, but rather Tillman was always on their guy Roddy White.

Two things.

One, Roddy White very likely was their #1 read, but he was also wide open. If Tillman is covering White, then the rookie looks at the #2 read. So while I understand what you are saying, it isn't like they were forcing it to their top WR, and thus I would still say they were picking on Tillman.

Two, Atlanta was moving around their WRs, and White didn't lineup opposite Tillman all game. If you take a look at the gamebook, I think you will find numerous snaps where Tillman was covering a different WR.

not so sure... i did see tillman lining up as the R corner, i believe, to cover white specifically. whether this was done throughout the game or on specific occasions i can't testify to without looking at the tape. but it did happen.

not so sure... i did see tillman lining up as the R corner, i believe, to cover white specifically. whether this was done throughout the game or on specific occasions i can't testify to without looking at the tape. but it did happen.

I would have to look at the tape again too, but this would seem to go against everything our staff has always said about how we play. For years, fans have screamed to move our CBs around to matchup our best CBs w/ opponents best WRs, but we have never seemed willingly to do that. At the same time, opponents would move around their WRs to get better matchups, because we do not move our CBs around.

While I too have to look at film, the stats seem to point to Tillman playing WRs other than just White. I realize it is possible for a CB to tackle a WR other than the one he was initially covering, but it is less often the left CB will tackle the WR playing the opposite side of the field, and yet the stat sheet shows that was at times the case.

Further still, we don't play man in coverage, we play zone. So if we are not playing man, that is further evidence we are less likely to be moving around our CBs in order to matchup w/ specific WRs.