Roy Williams traded!!

akshaz

Sreiously, that plce has to be a ticking time bomb! There's more drama going on there than a season's worth of "Desperate Housewives"!

Williams will be a non factor there till Romo gets back, Then him and TO will have war words of who gets the ball. To much Drama in that Org for my taste.

Agreed. This is going to explode at some point.

Peace :dabears

I heard on ESPN radio the Cowboys gave up a 1st, 3rd, and 6th round pick in the 2009 draft AND they signed him to a deal through 2013, which I'm guessing is at least "Bernard Berrian money."

I heard Berrian watched the Bears-Detroit game and said, "Damn that Roy Williams has bad hands!"

Apparantly the Cowboys don't remember the Hershel Walker trade. Nine times out of 10, teams who make a big splash have it back-fire on them. See Redskins, Washington. Not to mention Minny hasn't lived up to their Super Bowl hype so far.

So TO was pissed he wasn't getting the ball enough, and Roy Williams was pissed he wasn't getting the ball enough. Wow. What do you want to bet the Cowboys don't make the playoffs.

The only thing that bothers me is that Detroit is getting a king's ransom for a guy who was going to walk after this season. They saved a ton of cap space, and I'm assuming that their new GM isn't retarded.

That's a bummer!

I'd prefer Detroit to be wallowing in ineptitude!

I heard on ESPN radio the Cowboys gave up a 1st, 3rd, and 6th round pick in the 2009 draft AND they signed him to a deal through 2013, which I'm guessing is at least "Bernard Berrian money."

I heard Berrian watched the Bears-Detroit game and said, "Damn that Roy Williams has bad hands!"

Apparantly the Cowboys don't remember the Hershel Walker trade. Nine times out of 10, teams who make a big splash have it back-fire on them. See Redskins, Washington. Not to mention Minny hasn't lived up to their Super Bowl hype so far.

So TO was pissed he wasn't getting the ball enough, and Roy Williams was pissed he wasn't getting the ball enough. Wow. What do you want to bet the Cowboys don't make the playoffs.

The only thing that bothers me is that Detroit is getting a king's ransom for a guy who was going to walk after this season. They saved a ton of cap space, and I'm assuming that their new GM isn't retarded.

I guess you can put me in the minority on this one. I think this is a very good deal for both teams.

For Dallas, they finally get a WR to replace Terry Glenn. No other WR has been able to step up since the absence of Glenn, and now teams are really focusing more and more on TO. W/ Roy Williams opposite TO, you immediately have one of the best WR combo's in the game. Add to that Witten, who may be the best TE in the game, and a hell of a ground game w/ Barber/Jones, and that is one sick offense.

Romo is out for 3 games, but Brad Johnson can likely be servicable w/ the above weapons, and by the time Romo is back, RW will have had time to learn the system and gain some comfort. More than anything though, this move is likely for the playoffs, which I think they are still VERY likely to make, whether as a division winner or wild card.

They gave up a lot, but (a) they are likely to be picking closer than not to the backend of the round, (B) they had extra draft picks and © this is a move made in hopes of a SB, and if they win the SB, who will argue the picks were not worth it?

For Detroit, the season is as good as over, and Roy Williams was heading out regardless, but w/ this move, they just secured a bunch of draft picks. And it isn't like they are w/o receiving weapons w/o Roy.

Many will say TO and RW can't get along, but I think so long as the team is winning, TO will remain happy, and I think this moves does a lot to keep this team winning.

Um, you mean the way the team didn't want Orton to rot on the roster? The only reason Orton ever got a chance we due to Rex, and then Griese, failing. If not for that, he would have rotted on the pine, and he was a 4th round pick, as compared to an undrafted rookie FA.

Honestly, I think fans are higher on Hanie than the staff or team in general.

The rebuilding starts now for Detroit. I bet they go either DE, QB, or OT with the 1st overall pick, then OT, DE, or QB with their low other 1st rounder.