Fantastic game ( offensively)

GrizzlyBear

Well Gotta give Orton Props again, We needed him to have a great day passing the ball and he did. Forte had a descent game, coulda done btter, but I think it was more the scheme then his ability to run. ST won it for us straight out.

With all the corners out on injury it was surprising that the secondary played so well. They did give up plays but for the most part they kept everything in front of them. Iam really pleased the way they came in this game.

Game balls:

1. Orton

2. Offensive line

3. Special teams

Game crappers:

1. Booker ( although he redeemed one drop in the end zone with a great play)

2. Defensive front 4 ( could not get presssure till the end)

Well Gotta give Orton Props again, We needed him to have a great day passing the ball and he did. Forte had a descent game, coulda done btter, but I think it was more the scheme then his ability to run. ST won it for us straight out.

With all the corners out on injury it was surprising that the secondary played so well. They did give up plays but for the most part they kept everything in front of them. Iam really pleased the way they came in this game.

Thankfully we have a bye week next week and can give our secondary a chance to get healthy. It was a great game! We were so thin at the CB position I am amazed we came up with three INTs and kept this game in the win column.

The lack of a pass rush is killing the defense. These guys up front need to get it going or we'll be giving up 30pts every week especially with all the problems in the secondary. Run D from the line seemed to be good but the LB didn't show up today.

Mike Brown is no longer the same player and while he might be on this team next year we need to get his replacement on the roster next year via draft or FA.

Urlacher is no longer making eye-opening plays. He's still a good LB but I haven't seen anything special from him in a while. Today he got caught up in the wash too many times.

I can give the youngsters in the secondary credit for hanging in there and making some game changing INTs. It was either an INT or we gave up a TD.

Kyle Orton gets a game ball again. He just keeps getting better. We lose our top 2 WRs (Lloyd, Hester) and it doesn't seem to even upset the offense. Kudos to the TEs and Turner for getting both on the field often. In the second half Forte had some good runs finding holes on his own again. Someday when he runs behind a good Oline (I hope this will happen) he'll be fun to watch. OTOH the Oline did a good job on pass protection.

I can't recall the last time I saw the Bears win an offensive shootout. I told my son during the game, this is not your father's Chicago Bears. If we can get the D turned around we'll win the NFC North. That might be a tall order.

I hate beating a dead horse here, but where the hell is Kevin Jones? :banghead

On the bench, where he belongs in games like this. Our O line was not run blocking very well so we didn't run that often. Because of that, there weren't enough rushing carries to split between 2 backs.

The lack of a pass rush is killing the defense. These guys up front need to get it going or we'll be giving up 30pts every week especially with all the problems in the secondary. Run D from the line seemed to be good but the LB didn't show up today.

Mike Brown is no longer the same player and while he might be on this team next year we need to get his replacement on the roster next year via draft or FA.

Urlacher is no longer making eye-opening plays. He's still a good LB but I haven't seen anything special from him in a while. Today he got caught up in the wash too many times.

I can give the youngsters in the secondary credit for hanging in there and making some game changing INTs. It was either an INT or we gave up a TD.

Kyle Orton gets a game ball again. He just keeps getting better. We lose our top 2 WRs (Lloyd, Hester) and it doesn't seem to even upset the offense. Kudos to the TEs and Turner for getting both on the field often. In the second half Forte had some good runs finding holes on his own again. Someday when he runs behind a good Oline (I hope this will happen) he'll be fun to watch. OTOH the Oline did a good job on pass protection.

I can't recall the last time I saw the Bears win an offensive shootout. I told my son during the game, this is not your father's Chicago Bears. If we can get the D turned around we'll win the NFC North. That might be a tall order.

I think Babich is killing Urlacher with this play all the LB's at the line of scrimmage crap that barely gets any pressure and the cover 2 just get eaten up in the fourth quarter. I am really think safety rd 1 or 2 Kevin Payne is gonna be a staple in this defense he is the hardest hitter next to Briggs and he rarely gets beat, Mike Brown is def done i think he maybe gone after this season.

Game balls:

1. Orton

2. Offensive line

3. Special teams

Game crappers:

1. Booker ( although he redeemed one drop in the end zone with a great play)

2. Defensive front 4 ( could not get presssure till the end)

I'll say this, and I'm sure I'm not alone. When Orton was named starter and our Defense being healthy to start the season I had visions of 2005 again where offensive possessions were basically an extra restroom/snack break. I expected dink and dunk and running the ball. Relying on defense and special teams to win games. Orton has really impressed me. 7 games in he has looked very consistent and has shown improvement. There was a time when I looked at Rex and Kyle and thought that Rex's ceiling was much higher than Otron's but his problem was that his basement was much lower and you could never tell where he was going to be on any given Sunday. Orton was the safer of the two but less exciting. Well, I think I may have sold Kyle short. It looks like he has learned a thing or two while being on the sidelines and he's not just managing the offense, he's leading it. And he's doing without much talent around him. Well Done Kyle, keep it up.

Today it was Offense and Special Teams keeping us in this game. If we could have played even solid defense we may have blown them out. Instead every time we took the lead it seemed the defense let them come right back and tie it. THe game was tied what 4 times? Three of those ties came right after taking a lead over the Vikings. I didn't want this game to turn into a shootout. The offense wasn't without it's flaws. Quite a few drops particularly TD drops two by Booker though he made a great play later on. On the running game I'm begining to wonder if it isn't coached that the RB run to where the hole is supposed to be whether it's there or not. Forte's best runs were when it looked like he tried that but said screw it and ran outside. Teams know we have no creativity in the run game and if we run it it's almost always straight up the gut. I've said before and I'll say it again we must get more creative in the run game. We display no imagination there. The passing game being as successful as it has been with who we have to throw to is nothing short of amazing. The line has done a good job keeping Kyle clean and giving him time and he's done a good job stepping up in the pocket. His mechanics are by far head and shoulders above Rex's. I'm begining to think his reading of the defense is above Rex's as well.

I've blasted the Defense but I also have to give props to the secondary particularly the guys who I thought may become victims today. McBride, Graham, and Hamilton, Bowman. Three of these guys came up with big picks. None bigger than Bowmans to effectively end the game. Peterson only really got off one big run of 54 yards and a TD where he made Payne and then Brown look silly. Take away that run and he puts up less than 100 yards. It seemed like the D stepped up more in the second half but they still need to play all 60 min. Our inability to keep them from answering our scores for much of the game kept them in it.

It was a wild game and I don't know if I can take many more like that where it's so crazy it's hard to remember the details.

But to be 4-3 entering a much needed bye week. The Colt's are ticking me off now. I had hoped that last week they got their groove on and would pummel the pukers but yet they are loosing...... bastards. :angry:

Thankfully we have a bye week next week and can give our secondary a chance to get healthy. It was a great game! We were so thin at the CB position I am amazed we came up with three INTs and kept this game in the win column.

I think it was the right choice having Vasher/Tillman sit. They'll be 100% following the bye week and that will be huge, imo. I expect the Bears to explode out of the bye week. We'll have Hester and Lloyd at near 100% plus our starting secondary back. Graham/McBride both got valuable experience as well which should make them more effective in the future.

I think it was the right choice having Vasher/Tillman sit. They'll be 100% following the bye week and that will be huge, imo. I expect the Bears to explode out of the bye week. We'll have Hester and Lloyd at near 100% plus our starting secondary back. Graham/McBride both got valuable experience as well which should make them more effective in the future.

Not to mention we play the Lions again lol.

I live in the Denver area and fortunate to watch the Bears every week it seems without the ticket, I said the same during the game with other out of towners watching from home in Oklahoma and elsewhere, I've never seen the Bears throw this often with so much effectiveness, wow, what a game, I figured 1st 1 to 50 will win and that was at the half, 48 points was just outstanding although I was nervous throughout, I new the way we were throwing was something special and the Viqueens had no answer for the game plan, offensive line knows pass protection but can't block if their lives depended on it to help Forte, is he despized like Benson was?

With Romo's injury and the way St. Louis?, handled them we are gonna be playoff bound with Orton and just maybe, have a shot at the Super Bowl but Defense is not there yet.

I live in the Denver area and fortunate to watch the Bears every week it seems without the ticket, I said the same during the game with other out of towners watching from home in Oklahoma and elsewhere, I've never seen the Bears throw this often with so much effectiveness, wow, what a game, I figured 1st 1 to 50 will win and that was at the half, 48 points was just outstanding although I was nervous throughout, I new the way we were throwing was something special and the Viqueens had no answer for the game plan, offensive line knows pass protection but can't block if their lives depended on it to help Forte, is he despized like Benson was?

With Romo's injury and the way St. Louis?, handled them we are gonna be playoff bound with Orton and just maybe, have a shot at the Super Bowl but Defense is not there yet.

Agree as well as we were throwing the ball and scoring on offense I never quite felt comfortable particularly in the 4th Qtr. It seemed as well as the offense did we could never pull away because the Defense would allow them to tie it up. When we were up 17 in the 4th and then we gave up a FG, then a TD, the whole time I was thinking screw run time off the clock we need points we need padding. I had visions of us giving up that 17 pt lead and losing this game. The only time I felt remotely comfortable was when we first went up 17. But we got conservative, I wanted us to keep pushing. just under 8 min in the game is not the time you decide let's just run as much clock as possible. On Minny's TD drive I thought they wasted an awful lot of clock to do it.