Rex Grossman

ASHKUM BEAR

Thanks for the answer.

That's the reason why I posted the question. It seems maybe 3/5ths are on board to let him walk b/c just seeing his name turns up there body temp. I think we are all on board the Orton bus except for maybe 1, and we all like the potential in Haine. The problem lies in having a third QB as the #2. Half want to draft one and half want a vet and most likely our current #2 will seek a starter role. But will it be like last year, and not a lot of knocks on his door?

Below is a list of FA QB's in no particular order.

Matt Cassel QB NE 26 - not much exp., would be fairly cheap

Kerry Collins QB TEN 35 - a little old, but could hold the fort down

Jeff Garcia QB TB 38 - a little old, but still ticking. Most would approve

Rex Grossman QB CHI 28 - knows the system, may look for starter postion

Byron Leftwich QB PIT 28 - Can't even look decent at PIT, not sure if he lands a job after the year

J.P. Losman QB BUF 27 - may look for starter opportunity, but couldn't cut it in BUF

J.T. O'Sullivan QB SF 29 - Was a 5 minute wonder in TC, but where is he now?

Patrick Ramsey QB DEN 29 - JA has always seemed to like him

Kurt Warner QB ARI 37 - May resign in ARI, if they can afford him (Dansby, Boldin, and other big contract disputes)

Kyle Boller QB BAL - Has had multiple opportunity in BAL, could never take it anywhere

Charlie Batch QB PIT - Age may be an issue, but always does alright when called upon in PIT

From this list I would say I only like Rex and Warner but that is not going to happen so I would prefer to draft a QB next year and have Hanie move to 2nd string.

I personally wouldn't mind having Rex as our #2 QB but the way he was treated during the preseason means Rex must move on from this organization. He'll never ever get fair treatment from the Bears fans again even if he plays respectably. Plus he'll want a shot at becoming a starter somewhere down the line.

The previous San Fran QB Alex Smith will be available too so add him to the list. I think a teams will look at him as a guy with the tools but not the head for the job, same as Rex except Rex can't run.

Unless he falls apart in the next few weeks Warner is not leaving AZ. Whisenhunt won't mess with success and he'll keep Warner as the starter next year. That means Lienart can party all summer long which makes him a good fit as the #2 QB in AZ unless someone comes calling with a high draft pick (say a late 2nd Rd pick). In that case I'd could see Rex fitting in here as the Cards backup and chance to compete for future starting job (after Warner leaves) throwing the ball to Fitzgerald and Boldin.

I prefer to have a vet like Garcia as our #2 and let Hanie get another year to develop as the #3. Patrick Ramsey looked horrible on Monday night so I have no interest in him and would rather develop a rookie or Hanie as our #2.

Exactly. The fans booed him being introduced in preseason. He needs to go for his own sake.

Peace :dabears