Props to Rex

Da Bears 88

Rex reminded me of umm...old Rex....I am not gonna dog him since it was his first game in awhile but his little celebration after his TD run really really pissed me off....I dont know why I got angry about it I just did...

Luckily we pulled that out of our asses....nice job Forte for saving us in the 2nd half...

The guy throws an incomplete pass on 3rd down and gets booed.

I mean is that really necessary? Grow the hell up you morons.

I may not like Orton as a player. But, i won't boo him for every little stupid thing.

Back your own players or shut up.

Rex did enough to hold onto the win. ...and I was happy he did so!

I was truly hoping we'd see that strong arm some have mentioned, but he floated a few too many passes. I commend R. Davis for the nifty TD catch, his 2nd effort got the TD.

I hope Rex is good Rex for the next few week while we wait for Kyle to get better.

I'll be rooting Rex on...so here's hoping he can get it done for a few weeks!

:cheers

Now, on to your comments about fans...

GET OVER IT! When Rex sputtered, he deserved the boo's he got. He looked awful. Thankfully, he bounced back with some decent passes along with Forte's outstanding running, and we got the win.

These fans know the drill. Rex means batted balls, errant throws, and the potential for a snowball of turnovers... They have every right to boo if they feel like.

Please, do not call Bears fans idiots. I am one, and I am not an idiot. Nor are a plethora of fans I know and on this board. You may feel free to call yourself an idiot any time, because the only idiocy I see is the blanket labelling of all Bears fans as idiots.

I'd like to give props to my man Rex.

He did a nice job for someone who has barely played since preseason.

Screw the haters. Classless Bears fans booing him in the 3rd qtr.

You know show the guy some damn support.

People are all over Orton's nuts like he's some legend.

Yet, every damn time Rex touches the ball he gets booed.

I swear Rex can smile and still get booed.

I've come to conclusion that Bears fans are the biggest idiots in the NFL.

Technically Bears88 didn't complain about people loving Orton. He complained about loving Orton while hating Rex, which he sees as unfair to Rex relatively speaking. I suppose given Bears88's reputation, which is his doing, most people will assume the most anti-Kyle connotation from it.

IMO, Rex looked rusty and a bit nervous, just as Kyle would have been (to some extent anyway) in reversed roles. He played mediocre but was also responsible for both 2nd half TD's. And after the Bears trailed most of the game, he led the O to take the winning lead, with the O scoring more in the second half than they did with Kyle in the first. Clearly Kyle is playing better than Rex, but there is a reason you need more than one QB on your roster who can at least play well enough to win, and today's "W" in the won/loss column is the perfect example. As I said in that other post about what we do about Rex next season, I'm happy to have him if he's not expensive and wants to be here (he certainly owes the Bears for their loyalty).

Next week's game against the unbeaten Titans is unfortunate timing for Rex's first official start at QB in 2008. Maybe Rex will benefit from the Titans not having game tape of him running this season's plays? But Rex is pretty much a veteran by now so I expect much more than "Bad Rex", regardless.

i root for the guy who is under center, regardless who it is

I may not like Orton as a player. But, i won't boo him for every little stupid thing.

88 I been a bears fan longer then you been alive Iam sure. I suffered through the Abe Gibron era with Douglas at QB. We booed then and if the QB sucks we boo now. Rex has the tools to be a good QB. His down fall is is the mental part of this game. Why we are so frustrated with him. If he got his stuff together he would be a Good QB and be starting and this convo would never had happened. I will root for him, But it will be with good dose of running and on a very short leash.

Now, Rex is getting criticized for spiking the ball in the endzone yesterday by Dan Hampton.

Sheesh, this dude can't do anything without getting blasted.

No offense to Hampton, but if you see what Rex has been through, he deserves to spike the damn ball.

Now, STFU. Sorry, i like Hampton alot, but seriously get a grip already.

Rinse, repeat.

Now, Rex is getting criticized for spiking the ball in the endzone yesterday by Dan Hampton.

Sheesh, this dude can't do anything without getting blasted.

No offense to Hampton, but if you see what Rex has been through, he deserves to spike the damn ball.

Now, STFU. Sorry, i like Hampton alot, but seriously get a grip already.

He could have been spiking the ball for charity... But odds are that was a frustration spike to prove all the nay-sayers wrong. And I also say, good for him. I'm all for it. As long as it's him spiking the ball after a TD and not a defender after a pick 6...

I thnk the criticism is nit-picky. But, as much as Grossman has the right to spike, commentators have the right to call the move childish, etc...

As many may know, I prefer a fire under my players/coaches, so Rex can spike that ball anytime he scores in my book.

Couldnt the guy have been spiking the ball because the score just gave his team the lead (after being down 10) and he was simply pumped up? What was he supposed to do? Clean the ball off and give it back to the ref? I think this criticism is a little bit of a witch hunt.

Rex deserves to get ripped. If he was 6'3, he'd be a very good QB. But, he isn't.

On that note, I'd love to see Rex come out and play good enough (17-29, 200 yards, 1 TD, maybe even an INT) in the time Orton is out. Mortenson is now saying he could miss 2-4 weeks, so he may be back for the STL or MIN game.

I saw nothing wrong with the spiking. He was pumped. Good for him.

Then again, if our OL isn't making holes, expect Rex to struggle, just like Orton would if he would play vs the Titans. If we can't run, Vanden Bosch and Haynesworth would be all over our QB, don't matter who it was.

That, or Forte has to find holes. He needs to hit the tiny holes, and fall forward. Every yard will be valuable. Also, we need to get him the ball on some screens and other little 5 yard passes over the middle of the field or something. Rex's strong point isn't 25 yard slants over the middle of the field, and it's just that simple.

We have to play a 2005-esque game on Sunday to win. With that said, the defense needs to step up (or Babich does, one of the 2). Babich needs to send a LB or S some of the time to knock Collins on his a** way more then what we did to Orlovsky.

Your ranting and bitching, i.e. your constant criticism of Orton no matter what he accomplished, may not have been a verbalization that Orton could hear, but anyone reading your posts on the forum when it came to the topic of Kyle Orton sure heard the Boos loud and clear. I failed to see you throwing your support behind Orton.

Would I ever boo a Bears player while attending a game at the stadium? Hell no, never.

Do I feel it is the right of any fan attending the game to do so if they feel upset over the players performance, yes I do. I have heard many players say it is the fan's right to do so as well. If a player let's that sort of thing bother them, they need to consider a different profession. It comes with the territory.

I also agree that this is a bit hypocritical on your part but whatever...

I will back Rex unless he is hurting the rest of the team...if he is hurting the team then he deserves to be booed.

I will put my vote behind Danimal....

There was nothing that Rex did to warrent him celebrating like he just won the NFC....especially the way he is thought of in Chicago he should be as humble as he can and produce on the field before he goes and celebrates a 2 inch run.

My main thing with anyone celebrating....If you are a productive player = go right ahead....You need to prove something = be humble and let your play say anything you need to say.

Why do people incessantly defend the "right" for fans to boo? Whoop-dee-do. You've successfully presented the argument that they have the "right". So?

There are a lot of things we have the right to do in this world. With few exceptions, you can't make it illegal to be mean. In this case, those fans absolutely have the right to be hurtful, counterproductive, poor examples, and of low character. I'm not sure why so many people seem to be so satisfied with stating the obvious. And it's only the 10000th time I've heard that silly argument.

That said...and here's a more reasonable argument...I actually believe there is a time and place for the booing in pro (getting paid for it) sports. Let the players know you don't accept half-effort if that's clearly the case. Let them know you are passionate, that their fourth straight three-and-out sucks and give them the negative reenforcement to want to win you over. These players are fans of the game too, so they understand. But they also know this isn't the WWE (american wrestling).

If you think about it, it's pretty silly to suggest it's OK to boo no matter what the circumstance (granted it may be their right). That's not a hard argument to make. What's more interesting is where do you draw that line? Some fans refuse to draw a line, because they have no standards. I have no respect for that, which is my right. As I've said in the past, some fans use these those things I mentioned earlier as excuses not to be decent human beings. If you want to learn how to be a better person, pay close attention to and ask yourself "What are the qualities of the people I admire?". On this one, I know where I stand.

I guess I don't realistically expect to sway much of anyone, so feel free to keep on defending fans with low standards without my further input...I've said my peace. But you can bet what I'm thinking.

here's the deal... at this point grossman is one of the best backup, #2 qb's, in the nfl. this is not competition for our starting job anymore. everyone should really be happy we have this quality of a backup in chicago. especially when we look back at the quinn's and burris's that have started here.

that said, he is in all probability going to play like a #2 and have ups and downs like any other backup qb in the league. to boo him or complain about a #2 qb's play etc. unless it becomes consistently atrocious is just plain silly. if it comes to that point, our coaching staff should get the boo's for not replacing him by that time with another backup, not grossman.

Great topic on the radio. People complaining over Rex spiking the ball in the endzone. :rolleyes:

You know if that was Orton, it would be his passion for the game. :rolleyes:

Orton Earned it so yes, But if you notice what orton did on his running TD sunday He gave the ball the ref. and it was his first ever. Shows class!!!