Stop stealing TDs from Forte!

KiLoc69

The guy busts his a$$ getting us into the redzone and then we give the ball to McKie or to the QB for a 1 yard plunge? What is this, Varsity Blues? Yesterday was like the 4th or 5th time that's happened and it drives me insane!!! The man should be rewarded for his effort and he seems too classy to b1tch about it so I'm doing it for him. Stats matter to most players on some level, and Pro Bowl voters can easily be swayed by flashy numbers. Not to mention we lost a game because we tried that FB dive instead of giving the rock to Forte twice.

Full disclosure: Forte is on my fantasy team =)

While overall, I could care less who scores as long as he's got an orange "C" on their helmet... But, much like Payton not scoring in the SB, I think you feed it to your workhorse.

In all reality, the Bears should virtually give Forte every carry in the red zone. Therefore, teams would start homing in on it, and thus...viola! The playaction works! Or, a McKie run is actually a tricky good play once in a while!

The guy busts his a$$ getting us into the redzone and then we give the ball to McKie or to the QB for a 1 yard plunge? What is this, Varsity Blues? Yesterday was like the 4th or 5th time that's happened and it drives me insane!!! The man should be rewarded for his effort and he seems too classy to b1tch about it so I'm doing it for him. Stats matter to most players on some level, and Pro Bowl voters can easily be swayed by flashy numbers. Not to mention we lost a game because we tried that FB dive instead of giving the rock to Forte twice.

I agree to somepoint....especially yesterday...

I saw a lot in the other post saying that it was OK for Rex to spike the ball and act like he just won the NFC I however thought it was a bit premature for the timing of it. He didn't do anything special and Forte would have had that TD a lot easier than Rex did. (Plus he did all the work getting them there)

I agree to somepoint....especially yesterday...

I saw a lot in the other post saying that it was OK for Rex to spike the ball and act like he just won the NFC I however thought it was a bit premature for the timing of it. He didn't do anything special and Forte would have had that TD a lot easier than Rex did. (Plus he did all the work getting them there)

As was said on the Score show earlier today, it would probably have been more classy of Rex to have given the ball to an OL, i.e., Olin, or to Forte, to spike. It would have shown some camaraderie and leadership on his part. However, no big deal.

HAHAHA, i was just talking about the same thing wiht a co-worker of mine..and he said the Varsity Blues reference as well, too funny!

As was said on the Score show earlier today, it would probably have been more classy of Rex to have given the ball to an OL, i.e., Olin, or to Forte, to spike. It would have shown some camaraderie and leadership on his part. However, no big deal.

i agree... the talking heads, including hampton, are off base on this one. who gives two $%!&'$ WHO spikes the freakin ball.

i agree... the talking heads, including hampton, are off base on this one. who gives two $%!&'$ WHO spikes the freakin ball.

Anything to bash Rex. BFD. Hey, maybe the O all said "You punch it in" after all the senseless booing.

Two things. I could give a crap who scores, unless they are on my fantasy team. Second, I have no problem with Rex celebrating. The look on his face was pure joy. After what he's been through, I think he deserves to let go a little.(and us fans should be happy for him) It's not like he thought that TD earned him the starters job.