kyle orton finally gets respect he deserves

Rush23

Someone earlier asked about the current streak Orton has without an interception. I have been unable to be on the site as much as I would like over the past two weeks because of things going on at my job. However, I did find this tid-bit from Yahoo in my fantasy leagues. If already posted, sorry for the wasted post.

QB Kyle Orton's 185 passes without an interception are a team record, topping Erik Kramer's old mark of 174 set in 1995. He hasn't been intercepted in his last six games and has only been sacked seven times in those games.

Someone earlier asked about the current streak Orton has without an interception. I have been unable to be on the site as much as I would like over the past two weeks because of things going on at my job. However, I did find this tid-bit from Yahoo in my fantasy leagues. If already posted, sorry for the wasted post.

I really love how he has played. If this continues until the end of the season, he should be extended.

We do need to get a #1 receiver. The passing game will be much, much better when that happens.

Peace :dabears

Way to go Kyle!

I give Kyle Orton all the credit in the world for what he has been doing this year. He has shown me that a bears Quarterback can be productive without making a plethera of mistakes that cost the team games. I commend him for his effort and believe he may be our Quarterback for the foreseeable future. I recant everything that I have said about him, I only showed a dislike towards him because I didn't want my Rex Grossman authentic jersey I bought go to waste. I will from now on show my support for our quarterback rather than wanting to draft a new guy and wait another 3-4 years for him to either fail or become mediocre.

Actually Fixed.

So do you not think that 185 pass attempts w/o a pick is an accomplishment?

So do you not think that 185 pass attempts w/o a pick is an accomplishment?

NO BECAUSE IF REX WAS IN HE'D HAVE 987 PASSES IN A ROW WITHOUT AN INTERCEPTION AND EITHER WAY THEY BOTH SUCK BUT MATTHEW STAFFORD IS THE ANSWER BUT I HAVE NO CLUE HOW WE'LL GET A TOP 4 PICK BUT OH WELL BECAUSE HE'S AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO BECAUSE IF REX WAS IN HE'D HAVE 987 PASSES IN A ROW WITHOUT AN INTERCEPTION AND EITHER WAY THEY BOTH SUCK BUT MATTHEW STAFFORD IS THE ANSWER BUT I HAVE NO CLUE HOW WE'LL GET A TOP 4 PICK BUT OH WELL BECAUSE HE'S AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rex could also play DE and he'd have 19 sacks by now. :headbang :cheers

Ha, Rex can't even have 10 passes in a row w/o the ball being tipped by the back of Tait's helmet...

I want Matthew Stafford at QB. Don't give big money to Orton who is a mediocre QB. (career year just like Anderson)

Lets not make the same mistake the Browns did with Derek Anderson. They have a better guy in Brady Quinn.

I want Matthew Stafford at QB. Don't give big money to Orton who is a mediocre QB. (career year just like Anderson)

Lets not make the same mistake the Browns did with Derek Anderson. They have a better guy in Brady Quinn.

It's better to stink next season so we can get Bradford instead. Way better than Stafford!

I would like to ask you though....

What this season have you found is that much of a dissapointment from what he has shown us?

Why would you want to go through another 2-4 year grace period with an unproven draftee?

Why do you keep comparing Orton to Derek Anderson, and think Brady Quinn is a god?

- you have seen the points from some of us that show why Derek Anderson does not compare

What if somehow we get Stafford, lets say at pick #8, and he fails and is booed out of Soldier field?

I would like to ask you though....

What this season have you found is that much of a dissapointment from what he has shown us?

Why would you want to go through another 2-4 year grace period with an unproven draftee?

Why do you keep comparing Orton to Derek Anderson, and think Brady Quinn is a god?

- you have seen the points from some of us that show why Derek Anderson does not compare

What if somehow we get Stafford, lets say at pick #8, and he fails and is booed out of Soldier field?

Well, let's think rationally here. If the Bears somehow wound up in position to draft a top QB, around spot 8 or something like that, given that they're currently 6-5, that pretty much means they're going to have to lose out the season to go 6-10. After a collapse like that one, you'd sort of expect that someone might take the blame, and the QB who fell apart and led his team to 4 straight losses after beating the Rams might be on the hot seat.

Anyway...I still want some O-Linemen.

Ever notice how Bears88 repeatedly says the same thing over and over but never quotes anyone or whatever?

If he didn't block me, he could answer this for me- how do you expect to get Stafford? Trade our 2nd, 3rd, and a 6th? Come on. Don't you always complain about how bad JA drafts in the 1st round? Then again, Rex was an awesome pick so I don't know what you're complaining about.

Well, let's think rationally here. If the Bears somehow wound up in position to draft a top QB, around spot 8 or something like that, given that they're currently 6-5, that pretty much means they're going to have to lose out the season to go 6-10. After a collapse like that one, you'd sort of expect that someone might take the blame, and the QB who fell apart and led his team to 4 straight losses after beating the Rams might be on the hot seat.

Anyway...I still want some O-Linemen.

If we end up with the 6th-9th pick, I want Taylor Mays. I wouldn't want another OT (we can use a 3rd or 4th on that) and it's too early for Duke Robinson. Unless, we trade down to around 12, pick up a 3rd this year and a 3rd next year, and then take Robinson. Either way, I'd be pleased.

Ever notice how Bears88 repeatedly says the same thing over and over but never quotes anyone or whatever?

If he didn't block me, he could answer this for me- how do you expect to get Stafford? Trade our 2nd, 3rd, and a 6th? Come on. Don't you always complain about how bad JA drafts in the 1st round? Then again, Rex was an awesome pick so I don't know what you're complaining about.

If we end up with the 6th-9th pick, I want Taylor Mays. I wouldn't want another OT (we can use a 3rd or 4th on that) and it's too early for Duke Robinson. Unless, we trade down to around 12, pick up a 3rd this year and a 3rd next year, and then take Robinson. Either way, I'd be pleased.

yeah I noticed that too lol.. But "They both suck" so it doesn't mater... remember that Brian ;) ROFL!!!!

I really love how he has played. If this continues until the end of the season, he should be extended.

We do need to get a #1 receiver. The passing game will be much, much better when that happens.

Peace :dabears

I don't know ? I'm still on the fence on Orton as far as extending his contract. He has done well, better than anyone expected especiallly with the inconsistant play from his WR's and Oline. Maybe I'm just not use to a QB we drafted growing up and getting better before our eyes.

Hell I think the last time was nearly 23 years ago !