Smith Needs To Go

chitownman

In this game it became clearly obvious that Lovie Smith has lost this team. Ron Turner ran four consecutive plays up the gut for no gain when the Bears clearly should have gone up 14-3 in the second quarter. The next play run by the Vikings goes quickly for a 99 yard TD reception to Berrian of all people is pretty sad. Shows that the defense was not completely thinking about all the scenarios that were possibly coming at them. Then if you look at the sidelines as NBC showed them, the entire team seemed to have their heads down and had this "We Are Defeated" look all about them. To me, this just goes to show how far this team has slipped since the debacle in Miami for Super Bowl XLI. The defense keeps talking about lack of execution during games and to me that falls both on the coaches for lack of work somewhere in practice and to the players for not caring enough to get the job done. I will not take injuries for an excuse because that is all that they are excuses.

I would also want to see Jerry Angelo get canned as well as he has made to many errors in judgment of so called talent then he has made significant contributions to the talent of the team. I am not sure who to get to take over this team however, at this point and time, this team does not deserve to win another game with the way they are playing and it does not appear that they believe in Smith's system nor any of his assistants and there needs to be a huge change for 2009.

In this game it became clearly obvious that Lovie Smith has lost this team. Ron Turner ran four consecutive plays up the gut for no gain when the Bears clearly should have gone up 14-3 in the second quarter. The next play run by the Vikings goes quickly for a 99 yard TD reception to Berrian of all people is pretty sad. Shows that the defense was not completely thinking about all the scenarios that were possibly coming at them. Then if you look at the sidelines as NBC showed them, the entire team seemed to have their heads down and had this "We Are Defeated" look all about them. To me, this just goes to show how far this team has slipped since the debacle in Miami for Super Bowl XLI. The defense keeps talking about lack of execution during games and to me that falls both on the coaches for lack of work somewhere in practice and to the players for not caring enough to get the job done. I will not take injuries for an excuse because that is all that they are excuses.

I would also want to see Jerry Angelo get canned as well as he has made to many errors in judgment of so called talent then he has made significant contributions to the talent of the team. I am not sure who to get to take over this team however, at this point and time, this team does not deserve to win another game with the way they are playing and it does not appear that they believe in Smith's system nor any of his assistants and there needs to be a huge change for 2009.

Just for the record, Turner didn't run four plays up the gut. That would have been an improvement over his choice. He ran a fade pass FROM THE ONE YARD LINE, and then three plunges up the gut...one being the dreaded FB dive.

This is how I see the it:

1) Phillips is safe.

2) Angleo is safe, but I bet he's starting to feel a little paranoid. He drafted Benson and Grossman, gave Lovie his new contract, drafted X-number of other players who are now gone, gave big money to a number of other guys who aren't performing, drafted Williams with a known medical problem, and is rumored to be the guy who hired Turner (versus Lovie picking him).

3) The only way Smith will be fired is if he's caught in bed with Mikey's wife. JA doesn't want to buy out the remainder of Lovie's contract after all the issues I listed in #2. I believe Virginia and Mikey try to stay out of the club's business, but there's a limit to how much money Angelo can waste before they start asking difficult questions.

4) Turner is safe, unless the offense completely implodes the rest of the season. He's a friend of the McCaskeys, even going to church with Virginia each week (so I read somewhere).

5) Babich is in real danger, IMO. It was rumored that Angelo pressured Lovie to replace him after last season, but he refused. With a 2nd dismal defensive season, Smith might have to give in.

6) Below the coordinators, I don't have any feeling about what might happen.

Reading this bolded part made my day. ^_^

I could not agree more chitownman.

I just don't think we'll be so lucky., THe cheap owners would rather keep him on than pay him off. We've got him for at least one more year. Probably 2. Unless something really drastic happens.

I don't agree and yet I do agree...

I think Turner and Babich both deserve to be fired. That said, Lovie hired them. So, damn... I like Lovie but his choices at coordinator sure leave a lot to be desired.

I'm sure they'll all get one more season... And then Jerry, Lovie and everyone else will get fired together. Which is how it ought to be, if things go down, everyone ought to go together.

I could not agree more chitownman.

I just don't think we'll be so lucky., THe cheap owners would rather keep him on than pay him off. We've got him for at least one more year. Probably 2. Unless something really drastic happens.

The McCaskey's haven't been cheap, Mad. They gave Smith a handsome contract without blinking an eye once Stein got the details worked out. The same with Angelo and Phillips. Look at all the money the club has spent on it's players. They always spend their cap instead of hording it like some other clubs do.

Smith's fate lies in Angelo's hands, not the owners. JMO

It's all relative. Smith was given a handsome contract becasue the media pressure at the time was huge. Also, it didn't seem completely inreasonable, and compared to other HC's, it's wasn't a bank breaker. However, I think they still are cheap when they can be. And that would include not paying out Lovie and bringing in a new high priced HC. Watch and see... I may be proven wrong, but I think that the next Bears HC is yet again another up and comer coordinator that we don't have to pay much...

Regarding players, they have to pay them. There's a cap and ceiling in the league. Also, they have given control to the GM (which is good for the most part), and getting players signed, etc falls under that.

Smith's fate lies in his own hands for the next 2 years and Angelo is tied to it. Angelo won't fire Lovie because of pressure from the top... Listen to me now, believe me later.

Are the McCaskey's less cheap than they have been in the past? Yes. But are they still cheap? I believe they are when they can be.

The McCaskey's haven't been cheap, Mad. They gave Smith a handsome contract without blinking an eye once Stein got the details worked out. The same with Angelo and Phillips. Look at all the money the club has spent on it's players. They always spend their cap instead of hording it like some other clubs do.

Smith's fate lies in Angelo's hands, not the owners. JMO

It's all relative. Smith was given a handsome contract becasue the media pressure at the time was huge. Also, it didn't seem completely inreasonable, and compared to other HC's, it's wasn't a bank breaker. However, I think they still are cheap when they can be. And that would include not paying out Lovie and bringing in a new high priced HC. Watch and see... I may be proven wrong, but I think that the next Bears HC is yet again another up and comer coordinator that we don't have to pay much...

First, I would throw out there the problem is w/ the term cheap. If Lovie were due, after this season, $3, $4 or $5m, and we would not cut him due to that simple fact, then I would agree w/ the term cheap. But if we owe him $12-15m (not sure the exact figure), I am not so sure I would call that "cheap". Few owners in the league, IMHO, would cut a HC who is owed that sort of money.

As for who they replace Lovie w/, again, I think what you refer to has more to do w/ philosophy than cheap/frugal. Jerry Jones, for example, never believed in spending too much money on his coaches. He would go after college coaches or assistants, but was not an owner to go after the big name, hot candidates. Would you call Jerry Jones cheap? He finally did sign his big fish (Parcells) and that didn't work out either.

To me, just because you go after a hot prospect assistant coach, rather than a big name retread, doesn't mean you are cheap. It is simply a difference in philosophy.

Regarding players, they have to pay them. There's a cap and ceiling in the league. Also, they have given control to the GM (which is good for the most part), and getting players signed, etc falls under that.

I have argued this many times in the past. Every team has to spend a minimum amount of money. Yes. But even w/ the cap, there are ways you can sep the cheap from the non. A key is in bonuses. Years ago, we flat refused to provide the big bonuses that good FAs demanded. Our ownership would not dip into the coffers for the upfront coin. Since about 1998, that changed. Over the last decade, we have shelled out bonuses as well as any. Whether it is to reward in-house players, or to sign others like Wale or Tait. Cheap owners try to avoid the big bonus dollars, and we do not.

Smith's fate lies in his own hands for the next 2 years and Angelo is tied to it. Angelo won't fire Lovie because of pressure from the top... Listen to me now, believe me later.

I agree we are VERY unlikely to fire Lovie, but I just do not believe you can write it off so easily as being due to cheap ownership. Again, I think you would be hard pressed to provide many examples of where owners cut loose a HC who was owed the sort of money Lovie is due. It has happened, I'm sure, but is far from the norm. Most owners would ride it out another year, especially when that coach did take you to the SB and was coach of the year. Wasn't he? I think we are likely to see changed, but more from the bottom than the top.

Also, I think Angelo's fate is more tied to the players than to the coach. Forte is looking very good for Angelo. Williams not so much thus far. If Williams does develop though, to go along w/ Forte, I think Angelo will be breathing a sigh of relief. If the players he brings to the team look good enough, regardless of wins/losses, then the GM can say the problem is w/ the coach, and get another chance.

I don't agree and yet I do agree...

I think Turner and Babich both deserve to be fired. That said, Lovie hired them. So, damn... I like Lovie but his choices at coordinator sure leave a lot to be desired.

I'm sure they'll all get one more season... And then Jerry, Lovie and everyone else will get fired together. Which is how it ought to be, if things go down, everyone ought to go together.

I'm frustrated with Lovie, mostly 'cause win or lose, he's just going back to a normal day at the office. Turner defies logic. Sometimes he'll call a good game, then, what is to me like a majority of times, he will out-think himself and end up with nothing. That pass play on first and one was a great example of trying to outsmart an opponenet and having it blow up in your face.

IMdO, Babich is the only guy who is going to be canned when the season ends. He makes a great scapegoat and the rest of the staff will stick around while the McKaskeys look like they have done something.

It's just too bad, because we have some solid personnel on the field, but we all know that windows of opportunity are fleeting.

I really have no arguement for your other points... I can see your points, although I may not really agree with them.

But on your last one, I just can't buy into it. After what we've been getting from Smith, I think he should be axed. Many disagree and want to give him another year. That's fine, I can understand that. However, I think in the Bears' case, it will be because managment doesn't want to pay the contract off. Or Angelo is afraid to ask for it thusly admitting screwing it up. Maybe that's it... but I doubt it.

If the GM picks the coach, why is he not responsible for that coach's productivity?

Smith does not apepar to have the good. Get rid of him now, or we all suffer at least one more year if not 3.

I'm over it. I'm pissed off.

I want real football minds running this team.

Smith has lost this team, he needs to be gone.

Angelo, I could give 2 more years. (Giving his replacement coach a chance to show something...) But I'd also have no issue axing him too.

Off with all their heads! Bring on the guillotine!

I agree we are VERY unlikely to fire Lovie, but I just do not believe you can write it off so easily as being due to cheap ownership. Again, I think you would be hard pressed to provide many examples of where owners cut loose a HC who was owed the sort of money Lovie is due. It has happened, I'm sure, but is far from the norm. Most owners would ride it out another year, especially when that coach did take you to the SB and was coach of the year. Wasn't he? I think we are likely to see changed, but more from the bottom than the top.

Also, I think Angelo's fate is more tied to the players than to the coach. Forte is looking very good for Angelo. Williams not so much thus far. If Williams does develop though, to go along w/ Forte, I think Angelo will be breathing a sigh of relief. If the players he brings to the team look good enough, regardless of wins/losses, then the GM can say the problem is w/ the coach, and get another chance.

Agreed...

I'm changing my perspective...I'm really looking at our young guys and hope that in 4 years, they will be rockin' when we make a run with a real coaching staff. Guys like Forte, Olsen, Briggs, etc...

I'm frustrated with Lovie, mostly 'cause win or lose, he's just going back to a normal day at the office. Turner defies logic. Sometimes he'll call a good game, then, what is to me like a majority of times, he will out-think himself and end up with nothing. That pass play on first and one was a great example of trying to outsmart an opponenet and having it blow up in your face.

IMdO, Babich is the only guy who is going to be canned when the season ends. He makes a great scapegoat and the rest of the staff will stick around while the McKaskeys look like they have done something.

It's just too bad, because we have some solid personnel on the field, but we all know that windows of opportunity are fleeting.

Hey. If we are talking what I want or would do, that is another story. When most were kissing angelo arce, I was ripping him. Frankly, I was "iffy" on him the day we hired him. Most were simply glad to have finally hired a GM, but I was never so sure he was a good hire. I hated how he handled things when he first came in. I hated how he handled things w/ jauron and his staff. I NEVER liked the Lovie hire. I never felt confidence in Angelo's draft picks, nor his FA moves. All in all, I think it fair to say I have never been a fan:)

But we are talking what the team would do, and why.

Regarding Lovie, I said he will likely be kept on for another year. I also said the decision would be based largely on money. At the same time, my point was this is little different from what I think most owners would do. Its one thing to talk about eating a few million, but another when you are talking $15m, or whatever the amount is. I think it is a small numbers of owners who would choke that down. I think the majory would try other moves (lower level coaches and personnel) to fix things and hope the HC worked out w/ different surrounding personnel.

Regarding Angelo, at least whether he will go or not. I think you would fine that GMs simply have a longer life than coaches. Lovie was Angelo's first HC hire. While he doesn't look to be working out today, it was only two years ago Lovie took us to the SB. Our first SB in 20 years. While I personally believe that we go there in spite of Lovie more than due to him, I doubt perception of most is the same.

So I do believe it possible Angelo would get another shot. As I said, I just think his future is more tied to the players than to Lovie. If the players he drafted or signed do well, then I doubt he gets the boot. His coach will, but he won't.

But they way. I loved this line of yours, "I'm over it. I'm pissed off."

If you are over it, why are you pissed off? :)

I really have no arguement for your other points... I can see your points, although I may not really agree with them.

But on your last one, I just can't buy into it. After what we've been getting from Smith, I think he should be axed. Many disagree and want to give him another year. That's fine, I can understand that. However, I think in the Bears' case, it will be because managment doesn't want to pay the contract off. Or Angelo is afraid to ask for it thusly admitting screwing it up. Maybe that's it... but I doubt it.

If the GM picks the coach, why is he not responsible for that coach's productivity?

Smith does not apepar to have the good. Get rid of him now, or we all suffer at least one more year if not 3.

I'm over it. I'm pissed off.

I want real football minds running this team.

Smith has lost this team, he needs to be gone.

Angelo, I could give 2 more years. (Giving his replacement coach a chance to show something...) But I'd also have no issue axing him too.

Off with all their heads! Bring on the guillotine!

True enough! What we want and what will realistically happen are usually 2 very different things!

I know you've been all over JA and Smith... I really wanted to give Smith a chance, sometimes good HC's aren't great coordinators,or vice versa...

I'm basically in complete agreement that we will retain Smith and JA for at least one more year, if not 2 or 3 more.

Ha! Good catch! I guess I'm over "it", with "it" being a hope that our current team and staff can take us to the prmoised land with a little more help. We need a lot more help... So, in those terms I'm over it! I think I bought into a little too much hope after seeing what wonderful things young Mr. Forte has shown, what Kyle has done, and a few other moments... I realize now that that's foolsgold. I still think Forte will be good for years, I'm not so sure about Kyle...

But I guess I'm in the mental mode that we are simply a rebuiding franchise, that will have to rebuild twice. Once now for Smith and JA, and once in 2-3 years for the next regime...

And I guess that make me a fool for watching and caring all the while! :P

Hey. If we are talking what I want or would do, that is another story. When most were kissing angelo arce, I was ripping him. Frankly, I was "iffy" on him the day we hired him. Most were simply glad to have finally hired a GM, but I was never so sure he was a good hire. I hated how he handled things when he first came in. I hated how he handled things w/ jauron and his staff. I NEVER liked the Lovie hire. I never felt confidence in Angelo's draft picks, nor his FA moves. All in all, I think it fair to say I have never been a fan:)

But we are talking what the team would do, and why.

Regarding Lovie, I said he will likely be kept on for another year. I also said the decision would be based largely on money. At the same time, my point was this is little different from what I think most owners would do. Its one thing to talk about eating a few million, but another when you are talking $15m, or whatever the amount is. I think it is a small numbers of owners who would choke that down. I think the majory would try other moves (lower level coaches and personnel) to fix things and hope the HC worked out w/ different surrounding personnel.

Regarding Angelo, at least whether he will go or not. I think you would fine that GMs simply have a longer life than coaches. Lovie was Angelo's first HC hire. While he doesn't look to be working out today, it was only two years ago Lovie took us to the SB. Our first SB in 20 years. While I personally believe that we go there in spite of Lovie more than due to him, I doubt perception of most is the same.

So I do believe it possible Angelo would get another shot. As I said, I just think his future is more tied to the players than to Lovie. If the players he drafted or signed do well, then I doubt he gets the boot. His coach will, but he won't.

But they way. I loved this line of yours, "I'm over it. I'm pissed off."

If you are over it, why are you pissed off? :)

Are the McCaskey's less cheap than they have been in the past? Yes. But are they still cheap? I believe they are when they can be.

You hit the nail on the head with the above statement. The ownership has to pay to the cap to get a winner, especially after the community paid through the nose for the new stadium. IE: To fill the McCaskey vault. Yes, they paid Lovie, but didn't they have to after ESPN and every other media outlet called them out. But, look at the rest of the staff and what they are being paid. I would almost bet Belichick makes more than our entire staff combined. The cold hard truth is that our team has underproduced since the Superbowl. ( eh hem, Trust me) Lovie is the first that needs to go, but he won't because the owners are too cheap to let him go. We won't go after Cowher for the same reason. What experienced head coach have they hired in the last 30 years? Cheap!

We were discussing this on another board. My opinion very simply is, we're got a 3 pronged problem. First, we have a GM who probably doesn't trust his instincts very well with regards to first day draft picks so he trys to make a name for himself on day 2. That won't work. His blunders on first rounders is proof of that and listening to him, he sounds like one of those sideline carpers at a world series of poker event telling everyone how well he plays the game and that these guys aren't special. Well Jerry, they're special enough to be at the final table, what have you really done? I'll ask the question, how did we miss Tony Romo in our own back yard? Michael turner? Is our scouting that mediocre? Second, our coaching staff is what most teams fear, a mish mosh of mediocrity. We have Lovie Smith, a HC who is not a big game guy and seems to get outcoached on a regular basis. He doesn't prepare his teams well from training camp on into the season. His naive belief that these are grown men and they will do what they need to do to win is absurd. These are grown men who have learned how to dog it, manipulate, get around two a days, miss time in the weight room unless they are regimented and instructed to do so. He is also is painfully quiet and stubborn, not good characteristics for a HC who is losing. People NEED to see it Matters. All people, not just the Bears executives. He looks lethargic on the sidelines, almost lost and you can almost see that he really has no purpose, no goal, no intensity, fire. Some may equate that to being stoic. Don't kid yourselves anymore, Tom landry was Stoic. Nodody is going to confuse Lovie Smith OR his buddy Tony Dungy for Tom landry. Frankly, I believe the ONLY reason Dungy got a win in the SB is because he was playing Lovie Smith. Lovie invited Rivera to explore other opportunities and brought in his buddy Babich who has turned out to be a joke but since Lovie is running the show, Babich has been protected but anyone with a lick of sense knows this guy is in over his head. Turner has showed me that he can design plays to win in this league but what he really needs are playmakers which brings me to the third issue. Some of our players have slipped, Urlacher, brown, Ogun, Vasher, Tillman, Harris, Hester, Davis just to name the major culprits, With the exception of Brown and Ogun, all these guys got new money and in Browns defense, he's getting older but his effort is still high. The other issue with our players is that many of them appear to have taken on the personality of our HC. They appear soft, unaffected by losing and that drives us all nuts.

Short term solution, and by the way, the thought that the Mccaskeys are stupid enough to hang on to a loser just because they have money tied up makes me very sad. Anyway, back to the short term solution. First, given that we aren't changing GMs or HC. We can only hope that Angelo FINALLY sees the light and gets an offense consultant to help with drafts because we need 2 top line WRs. I am convinced that even with our current o line, if we had 2 good WRs, we would have 2 more wins this year. Second we need to fire babich and it will happen. If not by Lovie, then by Angelo, now, should Lovie decide to stick up for his buddy and put his job on the line, big problem solved. But even Lovie will see that Babich needs to go. Hopefully the next DC is NOT a Tampa Two type guy. Third, we need to make some tough decisions and part ways with some guys. Vasher and Hester could bring us some high picks and let's face it, we won't miss anything with the way they are playing. There is some shifting we could do like putting Urlacher on the weakside to utilize his skills more with Briggs in the middle and maybe putting Harris at DE, he has the size, speed and certainly would be an upgrade over ogun but for now, lets just get rid of Babich, make some trades and get some REAL playmakers in here. Who knows, winners may even rub off on lovie. He might get to like it.

Mongo, you and I are are definitley on the same page!

You hit the nail on the head with the above statement. The ownership has to pay to the cap to get a winner, especially after the community paid through the nose for the new stadium. IE: To fill the McCaskey vault. Yes, they paid Lovie, but didn't they have to after ESPN and every other media outlet called them out. But, look at the rest of the staff and what they are being paid. I would almost bet Belichick makes more than our entire staff combined. The cold hard truth is that our team has underproduced since the Superbowl. ( eh hem, Trust me) Lovie is the first that needs to go, but he won't because the owners are too cheap to let him go. We won't go after Cowher for the same reason. What experienced head coach have they hired in the last 30 years? Cheap!

Interesting takes BigDaddy! I'm pretty much in agreement...

I'm not so sure about the short term solutions...but I'd be willing to try them vs what we've been doing! I'd like to see Tillman moved to saftey to add to your list...

We were discussing this on another board. My opinion very simply is, we're got a 3 pronged problem. First, we have a GM who probably doesn't trust his instincts very well with regards to first day draft picks so he trys to make a name for himself on day 2. That won't work. His blunders on first rounders is proof of that and listening to him, he sounds like one of those sideline carpers at a world series of poker event telling everyone how well he plays the game and that these guys aren't special. Well Jerry, they're special enough to be at the final table, what have you really done? I'll ask the question, how did we miss Tony Romo in our own back yard? Michael turner? Is our scouting that mediocre? Second, our coaching staff is what most teams fear, a mish mosh of mediocrity. We have Lovie Smith, a HC who is not a big game guy and seems to get outcoached on a regular basis. He doesn't prepare his teams well from training camp on into the season. His naive belief that these are grown men and they will do what they need to do to win is absurd. These are grown men who have learned how to dog it, manipulate, get around two a days, miss time in the weight room unless they are regimented and instructed to do so. He is also is painfully quiet and stubborn, not good characteristics for a HC who is losing. People NEED to see it Matters. All people, not just the Bears executives. He looks lethargic on the sidelines, almost lost and you can almost see that he really has no purpose, no goal, no intensity, fire. Some may equate that to being stoic. Don't kid yourselves anymore, Tom landry was Stoic. Nodody is going to confuse Lovie Smith OR his buddy Tony Dungy for Tom landry. Frankly, I believe the ONLY reason Dungy got a win in the SB is because he was playing Lovie Smith. Lovie invited Rivera to explore other opportunities and brought in his buddy Babich who has turned out to be a joke but since Lovie is running the show, Babich has been protected but anyone with a lick of sense knows this guy is in over his head. Turner has showed me that he can design plays to win in this league but what he really needs are playmakers which brings me to the third issue. Some of our players have slipped, Urlacher, brown, Ogun, Vasher, Tillman, Harris, Hester, Davis just to name the major culprits, With the exception of Brown and Ogun, all these guys got new money and in Browns defense, he's getting older but his effort is still high. The other issue with our players is that many of them appear to have taken on the personality of our HC. They appear soft, unaffected by losing and that drives us all nuts.

Short term solution, and by the way, the thought that the Mccaskeys are stupid enough to hang on to a loser just because they have money tied up makes me very sad. Anyway, back to the short term solution. First, given that we aren't changing GMs or HC. We can only hope that Angelo FINALLY sees the light and gets an offense consultant to help with drafts because we need 2 top line WRs. I am convinced that even with our current o line, if we had 2 good WRs, we would have 2 more wins this year. Second we need to fire babich and it will happen. If not by Lovie, then by Angelo, now, should Lovie decide to stick up for his buddy and put his job on the line, big problem solved. But even Lovie will see that Babich needs to go. Hopefully the next DC is NOT a Tampa Two type guy. Third, we need to make some tough decisions and part ways with some guys. Vasher and Hester could bring us some high picks and let's face it, we won't miss anything with the way they are playing. There is some shifting we could do like putting Urlacher on the weakside to utilize his skills more with Briggs in the middle and maybe putting Harris at DE, he has the size, speed and certainly would be an upgrade over ogun but for now, lets just get rid of Babich, make some trades and get some REAL playmakers in here. Who knows, winners may even rub off on lovie. He might get to like it.

Yea, I noticed the defeated look too.

Turner and Babich along with the OL coach and WR coach at the very least need canned

Why the o-line coach ? The o-line has played better than I expected. I wouldn't fire HH but

I'd launch Turner & Babich & Drake.

As far as Lovie goes I'd wait to see how the BEARS finish up. None of the so called experts

predicted much more than 6-7 wins this yr. I'm for keeping Lovie if the BEARS finish 8-8 or better.

As far as I'm concerned if you fire Lovie you better be firing Angelo too !!

BEARS are not about to fire either one after the 08 season has been completed and it's not about their contracts.

:bringit

Why the o-line coach ? The o-line has played better than I expected. I wouldn't fire HH but

I'd launch Turner & Babich & Drake.

As far as Lovie goes I'd wait to see how the BEARS finish up. None of the so called experts

predicted much more than 6-7 wins this yr. I'm for keeping Lovie if the BEARS finish 8-8 or better.

As far as I'm concerned if you fire Lovie you better be firing Angelo too !!

BEARS are not about to fire either one after the 08 season has been completed and it's not about their contracts.

:bringit

meant DL coach. :) I think anyways. :cheers