Get some Wrs

Connorbear

They cannot get open or off the jam. They drop too many passes. Damn, they piss me off.

Booker - gone

Lloyd - gone

Davis - 5th receiver, special teams only

Hester can stay but stop dropping the friggin ball (2 tonight)

Bennett - nice to see him get reps and he actually was open once

Peace :dabears

If we're not going to trade for a good WR, then we'll have to go the draft route or the FA route. Houshmandzadeh would be an awesome signing. A couple guys I'd look at would be Bobby Engram and Amani Toomer to keep a reliable veteran presence in there and offer Hester/Bennett an opportunity to better themselves. Via the draft, guys like Jeremy Maclin and Percy Harvin would likely be there in the 1st round when we pick, both would be good selections.

Realistically, we could overhaul this WR core by going out and getting a stud (Boldin/Houshmandzadeh/Johnson) and drafting a WR early. I'd imagine something like...

Johnson/Houshmandzadeh/Boldin

Maclin

Hester

Toomer

Bennett

would be a very nice WR group with potential to be awesome. I wouldn't be opposed to keeping Lloyd. He was pretty impressive early in the season before he got hurt. I'd also like to keep Davis but only as an injury replacement or special teamer.

If we're not going to trade for a good WR, then we'll have to go the draft route or the FA route. Houshmandzadeh would be an awesome signing. A couple guys I'd look at would be Bobby Engram and Amani Toomer to keep a reliable veteran presence in there and offer Hester/Bennett an opportunity to better themselves. Via the draft, guys like Jeremy Maclin and Percy Harvin would likely be there in the 1st round when we pick, both would be good selections.

Realistically, we could overhaul this WR core by going out and getting a stud (Boldin/Houshmandzadeh/Johnson) and drafting a WR early. I'd imagine something like...

Johnson/Houshmandzadeh/Boldin

Maclin

Hester

Toomer

Bennett

would be a very nice WR group with potential to be awesome. I wouldn't be opposed to keeping Lloyd. He was pretty impressive early in the season before he got hurt. I'd also like to keep Davis but only as an injury replacement or special teamer.

Keep in mind, word on the street is that the Colts are going to cut Marvin Harrison for cap reasons. I think he's on the books for 8mil next year. Torri Holt is a maybe, as well.

Keep in mind, word on the street is that the Colts are going to cut Marvin Harrison for cap reasons. I think he's on the books for 8mil next year. Torri Holt is a maybe, as well.

Marvin is good but he is getting old....and what we need are WR that are 6'2 and above and fast. I have nothing against the little guys but they way we run the ball we need biggeer WR to block and create mismatches with smaller DB'S.

To me, this off-season should be all about TJ Housyourmama. I know the age is not perfect. I know he will be expensive. But he just seems to me the EXACT type of WR we need.

Look at Cincy this year. They rotated QBs as if they were the bears. Their current QB is simply not good, and has a weak arm. Cincy has an awful OL, possibly worse than ours. They run game situation was so bad, they signed and started Benson. But w/ all this adversity on the offense, TJ has still producted. He has provided the QBs a reliable option. He gets clean separation off the LOS, is where he is supposed to be when the ball is thrown, and HE CATCHES THE FREAKING BALL! On this awful offense, he has 92 catchs for 904 yards. Down from the norm, but huge considering all factors.

IMHO, more than anything, we need to add just such a reliable WR for Orton (or whoever). W/ a WR like TJ on one side, I think players like Hester, Bennett, or whoever, will have a much better chance to develop. Further, a WR like TJ can open things up for Olsen and Clark.

I don't mean to think so narrow and see TJ as boom or bust, but when I look at our options, I do not see any that are even close. Boldin, CJ, TO or whoever else mentioned, will cost us draft picks, including (at minimum) our first round pick. That is too rich w/ other holes to fill. Some have talked about Harrison or Holt being cut, but I think they have slowed too much due to age, and speed was too much a part of their game. There are some "nice" FAs w/ potential, but none others who offer the benefits TJ does, IMHO. And finally, there is the draft, but while I do want to draft a WR high, I want that done in combination w/ TJ.

They cannot get open or off the jam. They drop too many passes. Damn, they piss me off.

Booker - gone

Lloyd - gone

No arguement here...

We need to make a big name signing...not this BS we've been fed the last 2 seasons that everything's in-house...

To me, this off-season should be all about TJ Housyourmama. I know the age is not perfect. I know he will be expensive. But he just seems to me the EXACT type of WR we need.

Look at Cincy this year. They rotated QBs as if they were the bears. Their current QB is simply not good, and has a weak arm. Cincy has an awful OL, possibly worse than ours. They run game situation was so bad, they signed and started Benson. But w/ all this adversity on the offense, TJ has still producted. He has provided the QBs a reliable option. He gets clean separation off the LOS, is where he is supposed to be when the ball is thrown, and HE CATCHES THE FREAKING BALL! On this awful offense, he has 92 catchs for 904 yards. Down from the norm, but huge considering all factors.

IMHO, more than anything, we need to add just such a reliable WR for Orton (or whoever). W/ a WR like TJ on one side, I think players like Hester, Bennett, or whoever, will have a much better chance to develop. Further, a WR like TJ can open things up for Olsen and Clark.

I don't mean to think so narrow and see TJ as boom or bust, but when I look at our options, I do not see any that are even close. Boldin, CJ, TO or whoever else mentioned, will cost us draft picks, including (at minimum) our first round pick. That is too rich w/ other holes to fill. Some have talked about Harrison or Holt being cut, but I think they have slowed too much due to age, and speed was too much a part of their game. There are some "nice" FAs w/ potential, but none others who offer the benefits TJ does, IMHO. And finally, there is the draft, but while I do want to draft a WR high, I want that done in combination w/ TJ.

Not as bad? How so?

Lloyd may have looked good for a couple games, but now? Anytime I see him, he is blanketed, which shows an inability to get separation. And while he may not be the worst, did have a drop last night. I guess he is just trying to fit in w/ the other receivers.

Hester has developed some, but is still not a good Wr. He too fails to get separation, which is shocking w/ his speed. And last night, he apparantly though he was Rashied Davis and dropped most anything coming his way.

Booker simply is done. He can't get clean separation off the LOS, which used to be easy for him. His routes are rouned and he no longer is sure handed. Last night, the damn ball bounced off his numbers.

Davis has been dropping more balls than he has caught.

Bennett? Who knows.

This group is flat out awful. Now, we can't just replace everyone, and if we added a stud WR, some might look better, but I think this may be the worst WR group in the entire NFL.

The Bears have to have cap room available after all those extensions the last few years right?

Their WR group IMO isn't as bad as some people seem to think it is...but they obviously lack a #1 guy, and Hester just can't fill that role.

Booker - gone

Lloyd - gone

My thoughts:

Booker - Gone

Davis - Gone

Hester - The team's #2, grooming for #1

Bennett - Should have been in before this game

Lloyd - Gone, but shouldn't be. He has the talent to actually make plays and do well, if properly used.