Post your dream draft

jason

Post your dream draft. Don't make it completely unrealistic, but allow yourself to dream about the what-ifs that happen every year in the NFL draft.

Here's my dream draft:

1-16: Duke Robinson, OG, OU (I don't mix words. The Bears need OL, and with an improved OL the rest of the offensive players will be better, including the WRs that everyone seems to hate.)

2-48: Phil Loadholt, OT, OU (With the OG position taken care of, the Bears still need at the very least a OT, if not another OG. Getting Duke's teammate would be huge.)

3-81: Mark Sanchez, QB, USC (Projected as a 2nd to 3rd rounder, this would be perfect for the Bears. If Bradford, Stafford, Tebow, and McCoy are all in the draft, Sanchez has a chance to fall. If he's there, he has to be snagged. He's got the tools, the talent, and he's a winner from an established program.)

3-97: Derek Pegues, FS, Mississippi State (I only saw him once or twice this year on TV, and the kid looked pretty good from what I remember.)

4-112: Jorvorskie Lane, FB, Texas A&M (Meet the new Lorenzo Neal. This guy would be loved in Chicago, and create massive lanes for Forte.

5-145: Marko Mitchell, WR, Nevada (Saw him play once. Great size, good speed, makes good football plays. Great YAC.)

6-176: Willie VanDeSteeg, DE, Minnesota (Off the field problems [assault] will cause him to take a massive drop. He'd be a massive steal - a sack machine.)

7-209: Drew Willy, QB, BUF (QBs should be drafted every year until the Bears find multiple gems. This one is odd because I've seen him rated really low, but also as high up as the 4th.)

Post your dream draft. Don't make it completely unrealistic, but allow yourself to dream about the what-ifs that happen every year in the NFL draft.

Here's my dream draft:

1-16: Duke Robinson, OG, OU (I don't mix words. The Bears need OL, and with an improved OL the rest of the offensive players will be better, including the WRs that everyone seems to hate.)

2-48: Phil Loadholt, OT, OU (With the OG position taken care of, the Bears still need at the very least a OT, if not another OG. Getting Duke's teammate would be huge.)

3-81: Mark Sanchez, QB, USC (Projected as a 2nd to 3rd rounder, this would be perfect for the Bears. If Bradford, Stafford, Tebow, and McCoy are all in the draft, Sanchez has a chance to fall. If he's there, he has to be snagged. He's got the tools, the talent, and he's a winner from an established program.)

3-97: Derek Pegues, FS, Mississippi State (I only saw him once or twice this year on TV, and the kid looked pretty good from what I remember.)

4-112: Jorvorskie Lane, FB, Texas A&M (Meet the new Lorenzo Neal. This guy would be loved in Chicago, and create massive lanes for Forte.

5-145: Marko Mitchell, WR, Nevada (Saw him play once. Great size, good speed, makes good football plays. Great YAC.)

6-176: Willie VanDeSteeg, DE, Minnesota (Off the field problems [assault] will cause him to take a massive drop. He'd be a massive steal - a sack machine.)

7-209: Drew Willy, QB, BUF (QBs should be drafted every year until the Bears find multiple gems. This one is odd because I've seen him rated really low, but also as high up as the 4th.)

Like the draft, as I agree with your priorities, however I do believe McCoy is coming back for his senior season.

Here's my dream draft:

No way should we draft 2 Qbs - that would be a waste. 1 would be fine but 2 will not make the roster. Further, we have too many other needs to fill.

Peace :dabears

No way should we draft 2 Qbs - that would be a waste. 1 would be fine but 2 will not make the roster. Further, we have too many other needs to fill.

Isn't the 7th round a wasted pick most of the time anyway? Might as well go for a guy who has some huge upside. If Willy is there in the 7th, that's a great pick. You never know. He'd probably beat out Hanie. To be honest, that round doesn't matter to me...any player is fine. I'd be OK with a FS, DT, DE, OLB, QB, WR...anything really.

Isn't the 7th round a wasted pick most of the time anyway? Might as well go for a guy who has some huge upside. If Willy is there in the 7th, that's a great pick. You never know. He'd probably beat out Hanie. To be honest, that round doesn't matter to me...any player is fine. I'd be OK with a FS, DT, DE, OLB, QB, WR...anything really.

The Bears have hit on 7th rounders in the past. McBride and Mike Green come to mind. You do make a good point. Are you wanting to then keep 2 rookie QBs on the roster behind Orton? I can't imagine going into next yr without a veteran backup for Orton. I think that would be a huge mistake.

The Bears have hit on 7th rounders in the past. McBride and Mike Green come to mind. You do make a good point. Are you wanting to then keep 2 rookie QBs on the roster behind Orton? I can't imagine going into next yr without a veteran backup for Orton. I think that would be a huge mistake.

Good question. The answer is Yes. I know most would consider it a mistake, and normally I'd agree, but let's be honest here...when has the Bears' QB been really good? When lately? With a decent defense, a great OL and RB, even a garbage QB *cough* Tavaris Jackson *cough* can "lead" his team to the playoffs. I'm sick of seeing the same garbage every year.

I say the Bears should just roll the dice and stockpile QBs every year, looking for the gem. So many other teams seem to be able to do it, but never the Bears. I say the Bears should try to do it until it's accomplished. Consider it a New Year's Resolution: Draft Successful QB.

No dream draft yet but I'll say that if a guy name Jorvorski is going to play in the NFL it needs to be for the Bears.

I actually prefer that we pickup our future ROT in Rd 1, resign St Clair and have him start at RG next year and remains our backup OT, and then let the rookie compete with Tait to start. If he sits for a year fine but I would expect him to beat out Tait. Then Tait remains our backup OT and he can backup both spots too.

I let Buenning, who had promise his rookie year, see if he can't compete to start at LOG for us and at least be a better backup OG than Metcalf.

We need a WR so if someone like Maclin is there for us at #16 then I'll take him and draft the RT in Rd 2. RD 3 is for QB and FS.

One big need remains and that is DE. I'd survive next year with the same trio if our DTs would step and start collapsing the pocket up the middle. Expect a DE drafted in Rd 4.

I havent really had a chance to digest the draft stuff yet. but I would love me some Maclin. the guy is an absolute stud. but if Turner is still here, he wont see the field anyways so it would be a wasted pick.

Also, I'd love to sign Peppers and have a real proven DE. move Brown to RDE and have him and Ogun rotate if he's not cut.

I'd be all for trading our 1st for another team's 1st and picking up another 3rd, or trading our 1st and picking up a 2nd, 3rd, and 6th. With so many needs, we need more picks. That 3rd in compensation for Berrian will really help us. However, to get another 3rd through trade would be fantastic.

Something tells me we won't be taking a WR until the 4th or 5th round. With Bennett, Lovie might use an excuse like "we have too many WR's that we think can be good football players". I mean, he is sort of right in a sense that I'd hate to see a 3rd go to waste to get a 1st or 2nd rounder this year and have him see the field more and he is just as unproductive.

I'd be all for trading our 1st for another team's 1st and picking up another 3rd, or trading our 1st and picking up a 2nd, 3rd, and 6th. With so many needs, we need more picks. That 3rd in compensation for Berrian will really help us. However, to get another 3rd through trade would be fantastic.

Something tells me we won't be taking a WR until the 4th or 5th round. With Bennett, Lovie might use an excuse like "we have too many WR's that we think can be good football players". I mean, he is sort of right in a sense that I'd hate to see a 3rd go to waste to get a 1st or 2nd rounder this year and have him see the field more and he is just as unproductive.

If we could some how get Maclin and Duke Robsinson, I'd cream myself.

Here's my dream draft:

He finished with 9.5 sacks which isn't a sack machine to me, and he had shoulder surgery last year. Then again, in the 6th, it couldn't hurt.

Not sure about players but these are the positions we need to fill in these rounds:

1st. Best Available Secondary player (Mays or Davis if possible)

2. DE

3. WR

3. OG (you don't need to draft Guards higher than this - most will still be here)

4. OT

5. CB

6. DT

More than anything else, the Bears need to not sit on their butts during free agency like this past year. Guys like Faneca, Berrian, etc all were signed and we could've used them.

Not sure about players but these are the positions we need to fill in these rounds:

1st. Best Available Secondary player (Mays or Davis if possible)

2. DE

3. WR

3. OG (you don't need to draft Guards higher than this - most will still be here)

4. OT

5. CB

6. DT

More than anything else, the Bears need to not sit on their butts during free agency like this past year. Guys like Faneca, Berrian, etc all were signed and we could've used them.

Faneca would have improved our O-Line quite a bit. Forte could have run for a lot more with Faneca/Kreutz/Garza in the middle.