2009 opponents announced

Ed Hochuli 3:16

Home: Lions, Packers, Vikings, Steelers, Browns, Rams, Cardinals, Eagles

Away: Lions, Packers, Vikings, Ravens, Bengals, Seahawks, 49ers, Falcons

SI.com

Thoughts? As of now, it looks a bit easy. The Lions, Packers, Browns, Rams, 49ers, Seahawks, and Bengals all have top 12 draft picks. Obviously, it could change totally (see: 2008 Falcons, 2008 Dolphins) but as of now, it looks like the NFL schedule's are in our favor.

It doesnt look too bad as of now. Lets wait and see what the offseason brings us before we judge other teams. If you want to base the schedule on this years results, the Steelers, Ravens, Falcons, and Eagles are the only teams i can see beating us. Those NFC north games usually end up 3-3, 4-2. I expect San Fran to compete for the West next year meanwhile the Rams, Bengals, Browns, Seahawks, and Cardinals are all very winnable games.

But like i said its waaaay to early to tell.

Actually, other than the Lions, Browns and Rams...all the other teams look to be on on upward swing...

Not and easy schedule I think...but you never know until it plays out a bit.

SI.com

Thoughts? As of now, it looks a bit easy. The Lions, Packers, Browns, Rams, 49ers, Seahawks, and Bengals all have top 12 draft picks. Obviously, it could change totally (see: 2008 Falcons, 2008 Dolphins) but as of now, it looks like the NFL schedule's are in our favor.

Actually, other than the Lions, Browns and Rams...all the other teams look to be on on upward swing...

Not and easy schedule I think...but you never know until it plays out a bit.

The Packers, Seahawks, Cardinals, and Bengals are on an upward swing?

BTW- right now, I can see plenty of games that could be night games. Falcons, Ravens, Steelers, Eagles, and maybe MIN/GB.

1. The Packers are ALWAYS aninterdivision issue. We sure got our butts handed to us in GB, did we not?

2. The Seahawks started to improve at season's end. With some guys returning from injury, I suspect they will be better next season.

3. Cardinals. If this were 2 years ago, I'd not worry. But they have a passing game. Last I checked, we can't stop the pass.

4. Bengals should have Palmer and a passing game. And now they have Benson, who seems to be doing OK. At least well enough to make their passing attack more dangerous with a pro QB in Palmer.

Agreed on the night games...

The Packers, Seahawks, Cardinals, and Bengals are on an upward swing?

BTW- right now, I can see plenty of games that could be night games. Falcons, Ravens, Steelers, Eagles, and maybe MIN/GB.

1. The Packers are ALWAYS aninterdivision issue. We sure got our butts handed to us in GB, did we not?

2. The Seahawks started to improve at season's end. With some guys returning from injury, I suspect they will be better next season.

3. Cardinals. If this were 2 years ago, I'd not worry. But they have a passing game. Last I checked, we can't stop the pass.

4. Bengals should have Palmer and a passing game. And now they have Benson, who seems to be doing OK. At least well enough to make their passing attack more dangerous with a pro QB in Palmer.

Agreed on the night games...

1. True, but I wouldn't call from 13-3 to 5-11 an upswing.

2. The Seahawks have no WR's and no secondary. Hasselbeck is old and many Seahawks fans question him going forward. End of story.

3. The Cardinals are a bad football team. They have a questionable running game, Warner has really turned terrible, and they have no defense.

4. Cincy wasn't even good when Palmer was playing this year. Housh won't be back, Benson may f*** up again because he'll get a contract, and Chad probably wants out.

1. True. But they did better than I thought they would...

2. OK, feel free to disregard them. I will not. Veterans can pose problems, and who exactly expected old man Kerry Collins to do well? Someone always comes out of nowhere.

3. They have been, and they'll probably get bounced fast in the playoffs. It doesn't make playing them easy. Especially when our pass d is so horrid. Warenr still puts up yards and on any given Sunday, and destroy you.

4. Could be...could be they all stay and get to the playoffs. In this league going from bad to good isn't a pipedream.

All I'm saying is there are no guarantees we have an easy schedule. Assume the worst, hope for the best. Until I see more, I expect those 4 teams to turn things around and be pains in the butt next year. Doesn't mean we can't beat them. It just means they won't be gimme games like everyone thought Houston would be.

1. True, but I wouldn't call from 13-3 to 5-11 an upswing.

2. The Seahawks have no WR's and no secondary. Hasselbeck is old and many Seahawks fans question him going forward. End of story.

3. The Cardinals are a bad football team. They have a questionable running game, Warner has really turned terrible, and they have no defense.

4. Cincy wasn't even good when Palmer was playing this year. Housh won't be back, Benson may f*** up again because he'll get a contract, and Chad probably wants out.

So with our upcoming season already started how do you see the Bears finishing with the teams we play next year?

HOME Lions.Packers,Vikings,Eagles,Cardinals,Steelers,Browns,Rams

AWAY Ravens,Falcons,Seahawks,Bengals,49ers,Lions.Packers,Vikings

I really don't see anyone other than the Ravens, Eagles & Steelers and passing Cardinals but I give us a 10-6 record