Great Marinelli article

Connorbear

Outstanding article! I can see the intensity level of play rising through the roof. He is going to have these guys fired up and that will carry over to the secondary play. We will see a return of the defense we all love. I honestly think we will be back in the top 5 on defense this year.

Now offense, who the hell knows?????

Outstanding article! I can see the intensity level of play rising through the roof. He is going to have these guys fired up and that will carry over to the secondary play. We will see a return of the defense we all love. I honestly think we will be back in the top 5 on defense this year.

Now offense, who the hell knows?????

Top ten will be sufficient. If we had a top 10 defense last yr, we would have made the playoffs IMHO.

Peace :dabears

Agreed. This is turning out to be the best move of our offseason.

I agree, I have said several times that I do not think Detroit's problem was Marinelli. I believe there problem was Matt Millen. Now that Millen is gone and Spagnuolo can start bringing his own guys in there. I believe it will take Spag at least 3 years to fix there mess. Does anyone know how long of a contract he signed.

I agree, I have said several times that I do not think Detroit's problem was Marinelli. I believe there problem was Matt Millen. Now that Millen is gone and Spagnuolo can start bringing his own guys in there. I believe it will take Spag at least 3 years to fix there mess. Does anyone know how long of a contract he signed.

Schwarz, not Spagnuolo. Spag signed with the Rams

I'm not sure I can ever remember such effusive praise for a position coach.

According to recent reports, Rod will:

#1 Bring energy and motivation back to the Bears

#2 Be responsible for the defense's success, moreso than the DC

#3 Turn our wayward freak talent Tommie Harris into the next Warren Sapp

#4 Make the Chicago Bears immediately a lot better

#5 Be altogether life changing..."a jewel of a man"

I'm not sure I can ever remember such effusive praise for a position coach.

According to recent reports, Rod will:

#1 Bring energy and motivation back to the Bears

#2 Be responsible for the defense's success, moreso than the DC

#3 Turn our wayward freak talent Tommie Harris into the next Warren Sapp

#4 Make the Chicago Bears immediately a lot better

#5 Be altogether life changing..."a jewel of a man"

Your are correct! Thanks for agreeing with us, LOL.

That actually is a great article, but it's hard not to look at the fact that he was just the captain of the first ever 0-16 ship.

Yeah I agree somewhat. I would have felt a little less comfortable with him being the DC cuz he's never done it before but now that he is back at his DL coaching job, I have no problem with him at all. He's the best in the league at what he does and the Bears will thrive off of it. I might go back to the training camp just to see this "30 minutes of Hell" workout that he has planned :).

So because Lovie Smith is one of Marinelli's best friends. Marinelli signed on with the BEARS.

Damn that Lovie he only hires his buddy's as assistants.

Oh by the way former BEAR Ron Rivera's good friend Steve Wilks (former BEARS DB coach) will sign on as the Chargers new DB coach next week.

I think everyone knows coaches often hire coaches they know and have a relationship. When it comes to Lovie, I think the problem is one of perception stemming largely due to Babich. He choose to let a DC go who he did not have a good relationship w/, but had our D in the top 5, in favor of promoting his BFF, who totally bombed at his job. So while relationship hires may be part of the norm, I think Lovie lost a lot of cred due to his move w/ Babich.

Marinelli looks like a great hire, but due to his debacle w/ Babich, I think it leaves a sour taste in many fans mouths. If it were not for Babich, I don't think anyone would make an issue of their prior relationship, but due to Babich, his former ties are being made an issue, despite how good of a hire it may actually be.

So the issue is one of perception, but that perception was created due to Angelo's previous move w/ Babich.

So because Lovie Smith is one of Marinelli's best friends. Marinelli signed on with the BEARS.

Damn that Lovie he only hires his buddy's as assistants.

Oh by the way former BEAR Ron Rivera's good friend Steve Wilks (former BEARS DB coach) will sign on as the Chargers new DB coach next week.

Could carel less if he is a friend of Lovies or not. If a former DC of the Bears will give some cudos, then i think its a right on hire. The defense will look like the D of old. Pressure, Pressure and more Pressure. Not only the fact that he is the Best DL coach in the League, but he is a quality human being. Look for this team to take drastic turn toward the playoffs next season.

Could carel less if he is a friend of Lovies or not. If a former DC of the Bears will give some cudos, then i think its a right on hire. The defense will look like the D of old. Pressure, Pressure and more Pressure. Not only the fact that he is the Best DL coach in the League, but he is a quality human being. Look for this team to take drastic turn toward the playoffs next season.

You sir are truly the MAN !! but you probably don't care ! :headbang

Exactly. He is one the best and is a great move.

Peace :dabears