Who at # 18

Wesson44

I would take either DHB or Maclin. I don't think we can go wrong with either guy.

Are you kidding? DHB has bust written all over him! Inexperienced in college (very underused) and mainly hyped because of speed! He might turn out great, but I suspect he'll need a good WR environment in that case.

With lets say Smith OT gone at #2, Monroe OT gone at #4,Smith OT gone at#6, Crabtree WR gone at #7, Oher OT gone at #10 with Sanches QB, V.Davis CB, R.Maualuga LB, Stafford QB,E.Brown DE what WR do you pick in the first?

Maclin,Harvrin.Hayward-Bey or Britt?

If I'm forced to take a WR, it has to be Maclin. Anyone who would choose another WR over Crabtree or Maclin simply hasn't been watching college football. With that said, I might just choose Duke Robinson.

DHB is 6'2 210.

And while he was under-used at Maryland, how is that his fault? Plus, unlike for Maclin at Missouri, at Maryland they ran a pro-style offense.

I just don't want to use my first round pick on someone who didn't produce and hope that he all of the sudden will when he makes the jump to a more complex system and faces NFL DBs. It could've been his coaches or qb's fault that he didn't do much, but it seems to me more likely that he's a track star and not a football player. If there were a bunch of examples of WRs who didn't produce in college, but had a great combine and then produced like a first round pick in the NFL, then I'd be more inclined to trust that DHB is worth our #1.

PS I'm not sold on Macline either. I like Crabtree, and I like the values on some of the second round picks like Nicks, Britt, Robiskie and Iglesias more than I like the value of taking a question mark wih my first pick.

Maclin. We can survive quite well with Hester on one side, Maclin on the other, and Bennet working the slot. If/when we need a bigger WR we still have Greg Olsen who should be even more effective with two speed guys on the outside. I have no problem adding a bigger WR later in the draft this year or just wait until next year to fill that role. (gotta have a longer perspective on this one).

Maclin. We can survive quite well with Hester on one side, Maclin on the other, and Bennet working the slot. If/when we need a bigger WR we still have Greg Olsen who should be even more effective with two speed guys on the outside. I have no problem adding a bigger WR later in the draft this year or just wait until next year to fill that role. (gotta have a longer perspective on this one).

I completely agree. Having Maclin and Hester would definetely open things up for Olsen, Clark and Forte. But lets not forget that it doesn't matter how much speed your WR have if your Oline can't give your QB time to get them the ball.

Give me Nicks over Mac.

I realize full well Mac is easily the 2nd highest rated WR prospect, but I want no part of him. Mac is another raw product who will need coaching and time in the NFL, neither of which we have. Seems like every year we see players entering the draft who looked good/great in so many areas of the game, but I would rather get a player who simply had one position. Mac was used everywhere, but IMHO, those players are usually behind in terms of development at one position.

If I made a check list of what I want in a WR, I think Nicks would likely have every box marked off. The only thing he lacks is elite speed, but I am fine w/ that. That does not mean he is slow, or that he can only run a 10 yard route. He has been compared often to Boldin, and I think few would say he lacks downfield ability. Nicks is exactly the type of WR I think we need on this team. I think he would quickly become Orton's best friend. Further, I think he is one of the most developed/polished receivers in the draft, and thus may rely less on our coaching staff to develop him.

Mac may have the most pure talent and upside, but when you factor our team and coaches, i also think his floor is WAY LOW. In Nicks, I think the upside is high, though maybe not as high as Mac. At the same time, I think the floor is much higher than Macs.

If I'm forced to take a WR, it has to be Maclin. Anyone who would choose another WR over Crabtree or Maclin simply hasn't been watching college football. With that said, I might just choose Duke Robinson.

EXACTLY!

Turner said himself we ran 3 step drops nearly exclusively this year to keep Orton vertical. Turner knew well our deficiencies on the OL, and tried to compensate. Does anyone think our OL will be that much better next year?

Further, Mac is far from a polished route runner. He may have all the talent in the world, but I think he would just be running around and doing little in terms of production on our team.

Give me Nicks, who I think could far better elevate the play of the entire offense.

I completely agree. Having Maclin and Hester would definetely open things up for Olsen, Clark and Forte. But lets not forget that it doesn't matter how much speed your WR have if your Oline can't give your QB time to get them the ball.

EXACTLY!

Turner said himself we ran 3 step drops nearly exclusively this year to keep Orton vertical. Turner knew well our deficiencies on the OL, and tried to compensate. Does anyone think our OL will be that much better next year?

Further, Mac is far from a polished route runner. He may have all the talent in the world, but I think he would just be running around and doing little in terms of production on our team.

Give me Nicks, who I think could far better elevate the play of the entire offense.

Nicks or Britt. Britt has a higer ceiling as I see it and a slighter lower floor. I'd be excited by any of them.

I like Britt too, but worry a tad about concerns that he at times seems to lack concentration and body catches the ball. I do love that he is a polished route runner, but love when I read Nicks catches everything in his zip code, while Britts has more drops than I would like.

Nicks or Britt. Britt has a higer ceiling as I see it and a slighter lower floor. I'd be excited by any of them.

With lets say Smith OT gone at #2, Monroe OT gone at #4,Smith OT gone at#6, Crabtree WR gone at #7, Oher OT gone at #10 with Sanches QB, V.Davis CB, R.Maualuga LB, Stafford QB,E.Brown DE what WR do you pick in the first?

Maclin,Harvrin.Hayward-Bey or Britt?

Am I missing something here? Maclin won't be around at 18 right? Or are you just trying to ask who the 2nd best WR in the draft is?

EXACTLY!

As of now, I consider our OL considerably worse than last year in depth, experience and talent.(ouch)

Williams - completely unproven

Beekman - should continue to develop

Kruetz - one year older to decline

Garza - push=sucks same as last year.

Right tackle - new guy and practice squad guy

Even if we re-sign St. Clair is that improvement or just depth. IMO - he blows.

IMO - drafting or signing another starting caliber tackle is a necessity. The off-season is still young. Hopefully JA has not been handcuffed by the bean counters.

As of now, I consider our OL considerably worse than last year in depth, experience and talent.(ouch)

Williams - completely unproven

Beekman - should continue to develop

Kruetz - one year older to decline

Garza - push=sucks same as last year.

Right tackle - new guy and practice squad guy

Even if we re-sign St. Clair is that improvement or just depth. IMO - he blows.

IMO - drafting or signing another starting caliber tackle is a necessity. The off-season is still young. Hopefully JA has not been handcuffed by the bean counters.

I don't get why the bean counters would be handcuffing him. The McCaskey's, from my understanding, get all their money from the Bears. The Bears will sell every ticket to every game again, and i doubt that the people who go will stop drinking beer or eating hot dogs. Maybe merchandise sales have taken a hit, but I would think the Bears bottom line would be in much better shape than anyone who gets their money from any other kind of business, since nearly all businesses have gone in the toilet.

If Angelo is sitting on his hands because he doesn't think anyone is worth it, fine. I disagree, but fine. But if he isn't doing anything because the McCaskeys won't let him, and they are using the current economy as an excuse to go back to their frugal ways, then I'm kind pissed.