Holt article from the Sun Times

Connorbear

The Titans would like to grab another veteran wideout to what they already have. A report had the Titans potentially having interest in New Orleans Saints restricted free agent Lance Moore, but that isn't likely to materialize given that the Saints tendered Moore at the second-round level. ... However, don't rule out a run at Torry Holt if (when?) he is released by the St. Louis Rams. At 32, Holt is nearly four years younger than Terrell Owens, and is the type of smart upgrade the Titans have tried to make when looking to add to experience to a position. Holt is due a roster bonus on March 17, which could precipitate his release.

I'm going to be freakin pissed when we don't even bring Holt in, but it looks like the Titans might make a run at him. March 17th is when he's due his roster bonus so we should find out a lot by next week.

I didn't realize that the Rams need to decide one way or another to keep him by March 17th. Before I'd thought all this Holt speculation was based purely on, "IF the Rams decide to release Holt . . . "

I'd love to see Holt in a Bear's uniform. That being said, if we didn't pursue Housh, why would we pursue Holt? You have to figure the 5 year 40 million $$$ contract Seattle paid TJ will be the starting point for what Holt is asking.

I didn't realize that the Rams need to decide one way or another to keep him by March 17th. Before I'd thought all this Holt speculation was based purely on, "IF the Rams decide to release Holt . . . "

I'd love to see Holt in a Bear's uniform. That being said, if we didn't pursue Housh, why would we pursue Holt? You have to figure the 5 year 40 million $$$ contract Seattle paid TJ will be the starting point for what Holt is asking.

ESPN reported that if released that the Titans, Giants, and Jets are interested, so that means he will be getting something like a 2 year 15 million deal. We wont be in the mix at that price.

I'd love to see Holt in a Bear's uniform. That being said, if we didn't pursue Housh, why would we pursue Holt? You have to figure the 5 year 40 million $$ contract Seattle paid TJ will be the starting point for what Holt is asking.

With the age differences, there's no way Holt approaches that much.

Reports out of New York indicate that the Jets might be interested in acquiring wide receiver Torry Holt, who has requested -- but not yet been granted -- his release from the Rams. Not coincidentally, former Rams receivers coach Henry Ellard recently was hired for the same position with the Jets. They're seeking to replace Laveranues Coles, who signed with the Bengals as a free agent. -- St. Louis Post-Dispatch