Cutler / McNabb????

Alaskan Grizzly

On either of these guys. I have been out of the NFL loop lately and recently heard that Cutler has been in an on again, off again situation with his new HC McDaniels(?) and recently is in a definite off again frame of mind?

And, over in Philly I hear again the rumblings of McNabb possibly entertaining the idea of going elsewhere, especially with the recent loss of Tra Thomas (and other key players before).

With either of these guys as potential(s) is there a possiblity of either coming to Chicago? I hear that both would be interested if the situation arose. If I had to choose, as much as I like McNabb, I think Cutler would be the better choice of the two for the long term effect. But I know a lot of you guys are more in tuned to this stuff and could perhaps educate me a bit or perhaps thin out the kool aid a bit?

On either of these guys. I have been out of the NFL loop lately and recently heard that Cutler has been in an on again, off again situation with his new HC McDaniels(?) and recently is in a definite off again frame of mind?

And, over in Philly I hear again the rumblings of McNabb possibly entertaining the idea of going elsewhere, especially with the recent loss of Tra Thomas (and other key players before).

With either of these guys as potential(s) is there a possiblity of either coming to Chicago? I hear that both would be interested if the situation arose. If I had to choose, as much as I like McNabb, I think Cutler would be the better choice of the two for the long term effect. But I know a lot of you guys are more in tuned to this stuff and could perhaps educate me a bit or perhaps thin out the kool aid a bit?

I think both are out of the question. However, it was reported that Cutler's meeting with the new HC didn't go as well as planned.

A new report says that Cutler, in other words, hates the current situation he's in and the Broncos would be willing to deal him for the right price. Unfortunately, the Vikings are becoming the Raiders with how they spend money and I wouldn't doubt it if he ended up there, whether it was this offseason or the next. I don't see Angelo giving up a 1st, a 2nd, and then a 2nd or 3rd depending on his performance the following year.

It sounds like the broncos will deal Cutler for the right price. I will be the first to say that I would give up our first rounder and a future first for Jay Cutler. Franchise QB's dont grow on trees and I would like nothing more than having our QB of the next 10 years decided. However, we clearly have some other needs so I would hope that we could get him for less, but bottom line, I'd be on board.

It sounds like the broncos will deal Cutler for the right price. I will be the first to say that I would give up our first rounder and a future first for Jay Cutler. Franchise QB's dont grow on trees and I would like nothing more than having our QB of the next 10 years decided. However, we clearly have some other needs so I would hope that we could get him for less, but bottom line, I'd be on board.

I have difficulty believing the Broncos would give Cutler up for a mid-first-rounder unless things are a lot worse than I think and no one else offers anything better.

To me, I think the biggest key here is, beyond draft pick compensation, getting a QB. We simply do not have a QB to offer Denver to entice them into a trade, and I do not see Denver trading Cutler w/ the group of QBs they have on the depth chart now.

Now, the one interesting thing I can see, and have mentioned this before, is if in the draft, when their pick comes due, if Sanchez is there and they like him. I could then see Denver possibly trading Cutler and drafting Sanchez. If that happens, and we were the team that traded for Cutler, Denver would then have the 18 pick to draft defense.

But w/o a solid QB included in the trade, or the ability to draft a QB, I just can not see the logic in Denver trading Cutler.

I have difficulty believing the Broncos would give Cutler up for a mid-first-rounder unless things are a lot worse than I think and no one else offers anything better.

Now, Jerry said he would leave no stone unturned in his search to make the QB position started. So, if cutler is traded... and not to the Bears... he needs to be asked if he even asked... if not, he should be fired on the spot.

As always, depends on what the guy winds up actually being traded for. (Would Angelo even be able to answer that question about what he proposed for another team's player? Couldn't that be tampering to say that publicly?)

I don't know. Seems like coaches and GMs answer this sort of question all the time. I am not sure it is against the rules for Angelo to say he called Denver and asked for permission to discuss Cutler.

At the end of the day, I think the simple point is, while an trade w/ the bears is VERY unlikely, Angelo should at least be looking into this. That doesn't mean we would know for certain whether he did or not, but just talking more theoretical.

As always, depends on what the guy winds up actually being traded for. (Would Angelo even be able to answer that question about what he proposed for another team's player? Couldn't that be tampering to say that publicly?)

Hands tied by the salary cap? Not sure, but do you simply mean cash? We have MORE than enough in terms of salary cap to make something happen.

I'm sure that he is looking into this, but with his hands being tied by the salary cap it might not amount to much.