Harrison

GakMan23

If Harrison can still find ways to get open, I think he'd be an excellent compliment to Hester, Bennett, and Olsen. The guy I feel like the Bears are missing right now is the underneath route, possession, solid hands receiver who you check down to if your deep route is covered to still gain yards. Hester isn't that guy, Clarke or Forte maybe comes closest on the current roster, but you'd really like someone who can do that from the wideout spot.

Harrison is too old for me. I don't think he'd give us much of anything. Were going to have to hope for a receiver to come out of the draft to step up as a #1 or #2 receiver now. I don't know much about Hayward Bay but people have been telling me he's the next Troy Williamson.. I think as a 2nd rounder he'd have more value because of his potential as opposed to drafting him with a first round pick.

Would Marvin Harrison be worth a look at? Or is he being shunned by the NFL due that that club shooting?

Most anyone who scouts the NFL all have said that Harrison has just lost it. Maybe he was out of shape or still recovering from an injury but I'd be hard pressed to truly believe that he has much anything left in the tank. The only positive he would bring is a veteran leadership (aside from his dumbass gun thing, the guy never had any issues and I've never heard anyone question him as a teammate). If you sign Holt, you could probably get away without drafting a WR early, if you sign Harrison, you still have to, imo.

I dont think hes the solution but he is good enough to help the team. I wouldnt mind him being brought in or a year or two stop gap until they can upgrade the position better.

Agreed. Even if we did sign Harrison or Holt, I'd still like us to use our 2nd round pick on a WR.

Agreed. Even if we did sign Harrison or Holt, I'd still like us to use our 2nd round pick on a WR.

WR's take long enough to develop and this draft is deep enough in them that a 3rd rounder or lower would be a reasonable move also. The Bears could use some WR youth and depth, but they shouldn't force themselves in to drafting one in the 2nd unless there's one there that they particularly want.

Barring the signing of a WR like Holt/Jones/Plax (or a trade for one of those WR's), it is pretty evident that the Bears will be taking a WR in the 2nd round. I also wouldn't be shocked to see the Bears move down in the draft and maybe trade down in the 2nd round or even to the 3rd to gain an extra 3rd round pick or something along those lines. WR and FS will be the first two picks if they don't sign a WR, if they do, than I think your talking RT or OG and FS (DE is a possibility if one you really like is on the board).